For all the people that have a development device what have you created for bb10 can we have a sneak peek at what's to come and to all the devs that have apps on other platforms and have converted you app for bb10. Can we the people get a sneek peek
    05-13-12 03:21 PM
    Don't get discouraged if you don't see lots of "sneak peeks" in the short term. I can't speak for everyone, but I know a few dozen developers and while many are working on stuff, we're mostly still in the exploring and experimenting stage. There's a lot to learn, and although Cascades is closely tied to Qt it's actually got some differences that require a bit of unlearning, for those who already knew Qt.

The Alpha is nice to have, but it's rough around the edges, and I suspect it won't be till after the first update to the OS build on it that things really start to get interesting with it.

The Cascades is looking decent for a first external beta, but it too is lacking in some areas, and enough so that some of us get to a certain point in a given app and encounter a gap/unfinished area. Then rather than spend lots of time struggling to work around it we are more likely to just put that particular app or feature on hold for a bit and work on other areas. With a more finished product, when you encounter a weak area you spend the time to find a workaround or build pieces yourself, but that would be an inefficient way to do it right now when we can even yet release the apps in App World to users anyway. More efficient to just leave the loose ends, and have unfinished work that can't really be shown off.

Plus it's been only just over a week. ;-)
    05-13-12 09:56 PM
    Thanks for the reply I can't wait untill screen shots off bb10 start to roll out
    05-14-12 05:21 AM
    I've started on one. Nothing too fancy.
    MisterMe11 likes this.
    05-18-12 07:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD