That does leave a good question:

What does the Limited Edition version look like? What will make it different from the release version?
    bbquincar likes this.
    01-18-13 08:52 PM
    This may make me sound selfish, but I'm not giving away my LE!
    Secondly, I will continue to make apps for BB10 aswell as use it as my daily driver!
    bbquincar and Thunderbuck like this.
    01-18-13 09:15 PM

What does the Limited Edition version look like? What will make it different from the release version?
    Something tells me it's going to be a different color. Possibly silver like the very original Blackberry London leaked image.

EDIT: I just had the craziest thought.What if the Limited Edition BlackBerry 10 is indeed the one that had the porsche like design?

http://crackberry.com/image-first-blackberry-run-bbx

After all, they'll probably have a bunch of these sitting around in warehouse from their first test run?
    Last edited by Andrew4life; 01-18-13 at 10:31 PM.
    01-18-13 09:36 PM
    I hope not not a big fan. It better look sexy as he'll and make ppl ask me what's that. Then I can say bb10 and I'm a dev.lol
    01-18-13 11:12 PM

Apparently only a very few people even in RIM have ever seen it, so I'm pretty sure we won't hear reliable info about what it is until we get it, or very close to it.
    01-19-13 07:56 AM
    Apparently only a very few people even in RIM have ever seen it, so I'm pretty sure we won't hear reliable info about what it is until we get it, or very close to it.
    yea i feel the same, much like the dev alpha A, we only saw it a few days before BBJam in orlando. i think RIM will do a dev video on it, because we obviously wont get it all at the same time, so they`ll want to control that message.

as for what it is? well from asking people in RIM theyve all said `i cant tell you, but i want one` which begs the question, would they want it if its a personalised Z10, or does that lean more towards a slightly different design?

Its kinda like waiting for christmas, you know you have something, and you have an inkling of what it is, but nothing solid lol, exciting times.
    Xopher likes this.
    01-19-13 09:15 AM
    yea i feel the same, much like the dev alpha A, we only saw it a few days before BBJam in orlando. i think RIM will do a dev video on it, because we obviously wont get it all at the same time, so they`ll want to control that message.

as for what it is? well from asking people in RIM theyve all said `i cant tell you, but i want one` which begs the question, would they want it if its a personalised Z10, or does that lean more towards a slightly different design?

Its kinda like waiting for christmas, you know you have something, and you have an inkling of what it is, but nothing solid lol, exciting times.
    The way I see it, it's going to be a device that isn't going to be "Wow, I want that instead" for the average consumer. BUT if it is, then they will likely have it purchasable as a premium product, kinda like the Porsche design p'9981. After all, RIM isn't going to making a custom line of phones for developers that is better than the consumer products and not sell it to consumers.
    harshalbid271 likes this.
    01-19-13 12:11 PM
    The way I see it, it's going to be a device that isn't going to be "Wow, I want that instead" for the average consumer. BUT if it is, then they will likely have it purchasable as a premium product, kinda like the Porsche design p'9981. After all, RIM isn't going to making a custom line of phones for developers that is better than the consumer products and not sell it to consumers.
    i kinda agree, but it can look different with the exact same specs, so `better` wouldnt really be a truth but subjective. much like the P9981 is a 9900 in a different casing if we are all honest.

I dont however think they`ll sell ones like it also, theyve already said 12500 made, so thats a limit, plus it wouldnt look good if they diluted the prestige of a device for devs. As for people selling on and such, im sure i remember seeing a utube video with alec saunders saying about engraving it or some such personlisation, although that was a while ago and plans do change.
    01-19-13 02:47 PM
    OK people, we all just got told by alec saunders in the portathon that the LE device will be unveiled at either the BB10 launch, or maybe the BBJam Amsterdam event. will be one of the two.
    01-19-13 09:06 PM
    OK people, we all just got told by alec saunders in the portathon that the LE device will be unveiled at either the BB10 launch, or maybe the BBJam Amsterdam event. will be one of the two.
    Meaning we definitely won't be getting the LEBB10 until after Feb 6 at the very earliest.
    01-19-13 09:42 PM
    I am hoping the BB10 LE is maxed out on memory and is unlocked and good on all carriers so I can finally be free of contracts.

Also, a personal engraving with your name would be nice but for folks that are thinking of selling it (I am keeping mine forever) that will limit the resale ability. Unless it is a generic engraving.

A different color like silver would be cool, so it looks completely different than anything out there, but a case would obscure the whole thing anyways. We could just get a limited edition bunch of accessories or cases or holsters for it that are not normally sold to dress it up.

No matter what it is, I will be happy and grinning from ear to ear! I loved the Dev Alpha so whatever we are getting is at least as good, I will be jumping for joy!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Crackberry Tapatalk Forum app
    01-19-13 10:01 PM
    Meaning we definitely won't be getting the LEBB10 until after Feb 6 at the very earliest.
    well the FAQ says "2-6 weeks for the shipping of a Limited Edition device (after launch) " so thats wed 13th as the earliest, which has been known for quite a few weeks now
    01-19-13 10:15 PM
    I swore it said 6 to 8 weeks
    01-20-13 12:14 AM
    well the FAQ says "2-6 weeks for the shipping of a Limited Edition device (after launch) " so thats wed 13th as the earliest, which has been known for quite a few weeks now
    Yes, but some of us are hoping it's closer to 2 weeks and that the estimate is only so they don't give away the release date of the phone. Plenty of people are hoping for a phone release 1 week after launch.
    Especially since they initially said 2-6 weeks, then changed it to 6-8 weeks.

I swore it said 6 to 8 weeks
    The faq was initially quoted something like 2-4 or 2-6 weeks, then it was changed to 6-8 weeks post launch, hence some people speculate that the release/ship date is much sooner, but they are covering their tracks as to not spoil the surprise on January 30th

Even now there is conflicting info
    RIM will not begin shipping Limited Edition devices until 6-8 weeks after BlackBerry 10 Launch on January 30th, 2013.
    To exchange your Dev Alpha device for the Limited Edition, please allow:
    1-3 weeks for the return of the Dev Alpha to be completed
    2-6 weeks for the shipping of a Limited Edition device (after launch)
    I guess the 2-6 weeks after launch could technically mean that if you send in your dev alpha 4 weeks after launch, it's going to take maybe 2 weeks. As opposed to if you send in your dev alpha pre launch, it's going to take 6 weeks. But that still doesn't explain why the other quote says 6-8 weeks........
    bbquincar likes this.
    01-20-13 12:39 AM
    so i heard from an employee that rim has a bunch of RED BB10 around the office but they didn't know much about the LE because it not their department. Not sure those are the LE but it would be cool if they stood out from the rest of the Black and White BB10.
    01-21-13 01:45 PM
    so i heard from an employee that rim has a bunch of RED BB10 around the office but they didn't know much about the LE because it not their department. Not sure those are the LE but it would be cool if they stood out from the rest of the Black and White BB10.
    If thats the case (no pun intended), then either the Limited Edition BB10 are red, (which I don't really see that happening since not everyone likes red), OR they are going to be releasing a red BB10 phone, which is awesome!
    01-21-13 07:59 PM
    I will use mine as a daily driver and to showcase BB10 to all the haterz...
    01-22-13 12:02 AM
    Dude, my Dev Alpha B is held by FedEx/customs with declared price of $700. That's too much. They'll send some f******** invoice that will probably cost me a small fortune, and the worst - it'll look like I bought it from eBay
    01-22-13 04:27 AM
    I don't think anyone who really earned theirs would sell it on Ebay. They'd hawk a kidney first... just saying. ;-)
    While I agree, I'm a bit torn as it's rumored to not work on Verizon (my carrier) so idk what I'm going to do :/ cmon Verizon n RIM, make an agreement!!! I wanna rock it as my daily driver!!!!!
    01-22-13 09:16 PM
    While I agree, I'm a bit torn as it's rumored to not work on Verizon (my carrier) so idk what I'm going to do :/ cmon Verizon n RIM, make an agreement!!! I wanna rock it as my daily driver!!!!!
    Well, then you'd just get a non-limited edition Z10. Which is better than nothing. Though I don't know why the limited edition would not be available on Verizon, but would be available for everyone else, or how it would differ from the normal Z10.

Kind of weird.
    01-22-13 10:04 PM
    Well, then you'd just get a non-limited edition Z10. Which is better than nothing. Though I don't know why the limited edition would not be available on Verizon, but would be available for everyone else, or how it would differ from the normal Z10.

Kind of weird.
    There have been rumors going around that RIM only wants to make the limited edition devices in one network type, and that is GSM.. Completely screwing over us Verizon users. Apparently there is a little dispute going on between Verizon and RIM right now that I hope they get settled and just make CDMA LE devices too, because I REALLY want to be able to use mine on the carrier which I have used for the last 10 years... /:
    01-22-13 11:56 PM
46 12