- CrackBerry Abuser
- 101 Posts
Using Dev Alpha in left hand
I posted a question in the BB10 L-series group about my concern for lefty's like me.
All the videos and demos are right handed people using the device.
Can someone point me to a video or make a video of a lefty using the gestured, etc.
Right handed people often under estimate the 'challenge of right handed designed devices' in the 'wrong hand's.
Any help appreciated.
- CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses
12-22-12, 12:30 AM #2
- 5,369 Posts
im right handed, so wouldnt wanna say 100%, but i just unlocked the phone, opened an app, peeked at the hub (ya its not enabled on dev alpha, but u still `peek` at it) opened the calendar, swiped up, opened BBM and wrote a sentence in a chat.
im not naturally ambidexterous (bets on spelling that wrong? lol) so if im able to do that with my left hand, id say thats a reasonable yard stick.
- 12-22-12, 12:38 AM #3
There are a dozen (or more) threads on this. Many reference various left-handers saying it's not a problem, and some posts note that several of RIM's lead designers are left-handed and have stated that they don't consider this to be an issue, and that it's designed for use in either hand.
- 12-22-12, 11:53 PM #7
Since the width of the screen isn't that wide, opening up to the HUB using the swipe diagonally to the right (or what most say as "up then right") is not a problem at all.
It definitely is easier with the right hand, but it's not a big issue with the left hand.
- By mcsemcp in forum BBM VideoReplies: 2Last Post: 11-30-12, 02:59 PM
- By malingering in forum BlackBerry 10 OSReplies: 2Last Post: 11-22-12, 10:08 PM
- By vingilot in forum BlackBerry 10 Dev DevicesReplies: 10Last Post: 09-26-12, 09:55 AM
- By chaddeus in forum BlackBerry 10 Dev DevicesReplies: 1Last Post: 06-08-12, 11:51 PM
- By megk03 in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 8Last Post: 05-20-08, 10:23 PM