Can we please see a BlackBerry smartphone capable of rivalling the likes of the amazing lg g3 and galaxy s5 - as the z10 and z30 offer nothing in comparison to these two phones. 32gb of internal storage with a 2.5 processor alongside multiscreening / splitscreening, a 12+ megapixel camera, 3000+ mh amp battery (removeable) and more home screen customisation -- all of which would pretty much satisfy every BlackBerry owner currently and be the top priority on their christmas lists. Please develop something sooner which sports the same and, if not better, aesthetics, hardware, software and everything else that the newer android devices are managing to excel with, otherwise BlackBerry will lose many of its customers who are dissatisfied with the slow progress and same old phones which can't compete with others.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-14 04:08 AM
    By this i did mean a touchscreen device - the z10 and z30 were great a year ago and beat everything else imo, but we do need something else ASAP from BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-14 04:12 AM
    pretty much satisfy every BlackBerry owner currently and be the top priority on their christmas lists
    By this i did mean a touchscreen device
    Obviously not the case, given the mild reception of the Z10/Z30 and the mere existence of the Classic.

Direct competition with Android phones on the consumer level is all but gone. Besides, the Passport has most of what you want.
    07-31-14 01:54 PM
    At the moment it's safe to say BlackBerry is not like android, they are not looking to wow people with high specs and number.

They are pushing for high security phones that are very user friendly, Great durability, easy productivity with long battery life and fluid OS.

Posted via BlackBerry Classic SQC100-2
    08-07-14 02:09 AM
    I think BlackBerry should have released one full touch and one keypad type together similarly to what they did with the z10 and the q10. Instead of going with the passport and then classic, although i understand why these two keypad phones were released at the same time.

via ZED10
    01-30-15 08:14 PM
    I think BlackBerry should have released one full touch and one keypad type together similarly to what they did with the z10 and the q10. Instead of going with the passport and then classic, although i understand why these two keypad phones were released at the same time.

via ZED10
    The Z30 won't be coming to the end of its 2 year life cycle until the fall. The Visa/Victoria should be available by then. Hopefully.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2072
    01-30-15 08:33 PM
    The Z30 won't be coming to the end of its 2 year life cycle until the fall. The Visa/Victoria should be available by then. Hopefully.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2072
    That's why I'm holding off for now I want to see if they will come out with a upgraded full touch.
    01-31-15 10:00 AM
    That's why I'm holding off for now I want to see if they will come out with a upgraded full touch.
    Those devices (Visa/Victoria) should fit the bill. If you don't use the flip out keys, then consider them full touch devices with a single row of convenience keys across the bottom where the BlackBerry logo on the Z30 currently resides.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2072
    01-31-15 10:12 AM
    The "two year life cycle" strategy needs to be ripped apart, thrown in a shredder, and then set on fire. Everyone else has a 1 year model refresh strategy. OS updates are suppose to keep the current users happy, not be the staple to attract new customers. Shiny new devices are suppose to bring new users to the platform.
    02-01-15 10:23 PM
    The "two year life cycle" strategy needs to be ripped apart, thrown in a shredder, and then set on fire. Everyone else has a 1 year model refresh strategy. OS updates are suppose to keep the current users happy, not be the staple to attract new customers. Shiny new devices are suppose to bring new users to the platform.
    You're forgetting who BlackBerry's customers are. They are really only interested in the enterprise, government, and regulated industry sectors. They don't need shiny new devices every year.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2072
    02-01-15 10:35 PM
    You're forgetting who BlackBerry's customers are. They are really only interested in the enterprise, government, and regulated industry sectors. They don't need shiny new devices every year.
    Word. BlackBerry could care less about keeping Z30 owners happy.
    02-02-15 05:37 AM
    No I'm not. I'm fully aware. Just because that's their focus doesn't mean you can't produce new devices to attract new business. My comment applies to every consumer avenue - enterprise or business. Keep the current satisfied and attract new. This must be your strategy if you're playing in the mobile game or any game really.

Word. BlackBerry could care less about keeping Z30 owners happy.
    Clearly they don't care about <1% consumer market share either.
    02-02-15 05:52 AM
    Those devices (Visa/Victoria) should fit the bill. If you don't use the flip out keys, then consider them full touch devices with a single row of convenience keys across the bottom where the BlackBerry logo on the Z30 currently resides.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2072
    I've done some reading up on the Visa/Victoria devices and both would have similar type filp out keyboards?

To be honest i'm not a big fan of the slider or flip out keyboard I'd rather have a full touch or a full keyboard with half a screen. I hope they come out with a mix between a Z10/Z30 with specs no less than the passport.
    02-02-15 05:32 PM
    Ya I think the OP is insanely off point given the current environment and like many have said the Passport is pretty much what he wants. But Blackberry doesn't want to be what he asking for anyways, so really barking up the wrong tree. Maybe try andriodcentral.com ??
    02-06-15 09:48 PM
    And why is this under the Dev Device forum??
    02-06-15 09:49 PM
    This thread is drunk.
    02-06-15 09:49 PM
    to the OP --
    -You obviously haven"t handled a samsung phone, the build quality and materials used are terrible.
    -Then pick up a blackberry and immediately you can feel the upscale materials and quality that goes into the blackberry.
    -the blackberry 10 OS is excellent, a forward jump over any thing else out there.

- the only thing samsung, apple and the likes have is a great marketing program. iphones are nothing exciting, they are not inovative.people are iwashed, and as a result feel they need to follow the crowd of isheep. same with samsung. Marketing marketing marketing.
    Blackberry is slowly making their moves, and over the past while have been making a lot of good moves. its not an overnight afair.

at my work i was the only blackberry user, keyword WAS. now there are more than a dozen using the beloved Blackberry, Passports and the classic.

They have already spread the word of a new full touch coming our way. hang on tight cause the blackberry train is coming and things are looking good..
    02-07-15 12:10 AM
    to the OP --
    -You obviously haven"t handled a samsung phone, the build quality and materials used are terrible.
    -Then pick up a blackberry and immediately you can feel the upscale materials and quality that goes into the blackberry.
    -the blackberry 10 OS is excellent, a forward jump over any thing else out there.

- the only thing samsung, apple and the likes have is a great marketing program. iphones are nothing exciting, they are not inovative.people are iwashed, and as a result feel they need to follow the crowd of isheep. same with samsung. Marketing marketing marketing.
    Blackberry is slowly making their moves, and over the past while have been making a lot of good moves. its not an overnight afair.

at my work i was the only blackberry user, keyword WAS. now there are more than a dozen using the beloved Blackberry, Passports and the classic.

They have already spread the word of a new full touch coming our way. hang on tight cause the blackberry train is coming and things are looking good..
    I don't know about samsung but lot of people buy apple products is due to their quality, camera, speed and most importantly display.
    BlackBerry has very nice build quality but they are very thick when compared to iPhone( as per iPhone people) , camera is way better for passport and display is also much better. Hope BlackBerry makes improvements in camera and display......
    I really like the OS but their marketing is not at all good. Why don't they advertise here in india? Many people will understand what BlackBerry is and india is among top in smartphone market....

Posted via BlackBerry z10
    02-07-15 09:38 AM
    The build and OS quality of android makes Samsung crap to me atleast so it's between iPhone and us. Microsoft is making moves tho.
    02-07-15 09:44 PM
    BlackBerry has very nice build quality but they are very thick when compared to iPhone
    I understand where people are coming from when they say this but, just as with the Playbook, I enjoy the size and weight of it. When I pick up my phone I want to feel like I'm holding something. It makes me feel like it's sturdy and actually worth the money I paid for it. I don't want something that weighs a little more than a small note pad.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 05:54 PM