Is there a vetted app (free or paid-for), that performs thorough content searches on the Blackberry "10" devices ? As some of you may know, the out-of-the-box universal device search capabilities of Blackberry "10" devices are limited in that it will not search the "notes" component of the "Contacts", nor will it search the body content of the Memos (i.e. "Remember" app).
    So I would expect that this acquired app would make up for the deficiencies of the out-of-the-box installed device search function.
    From what I have been told, the out-of-the-box Android "Priv", does have a thorough content universal device search functionality; but my provider Verizon does not carry the Priv; and even if they did, I prefer the keyboard of the Blackberry 10 Classic.
    11-24-15 03:03 PM
    Nope. Not native.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-15 01:21 AM
    I would have to look at the API to see how much of that data is exposed for a third party application to search.

The way search is implemented in BB10 is that applications participate in the search system, or not. Those that participate are informed of the search terms, perform the search of their own data and return results to the search system for display. This system, much like cards and sheets allows an application to make its data available for search with out actually exposing the data to other applications. The deficiencies you describe are likely due to the way search is implemented for that application. Either it hasn't been implemented, or there was a security reason perhaps when Balance is activated.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2876
    01-10-16 05:32 PM