Thanx for the tips, I changed the middle frame and the iron bar. The notification sounds are bearable again.

Now I have to figure out how to get NFC working on this device. In addition, I will check the call quality; it was pretty poor with the other middle frame. But it could be the result of other things like signal strength, running a leak, or whatever.

Yet the battery life is what makes me wanna use this phone over many others.
    Yep, such a relief to have normal notifications again...
    Interesting that you brought NFC up...I thought I destroyed the antenna when bringing over the one from the DAC, since the Chinese copy is too thick and scratches the full size battery, but maybe it's something else then...
    I use the Q as the productivity device. 12h battery life and a keyboard vs 8 hours and typos on a Z...
    12-22-13 05:24 PM
    I decided to convert my DAC to Q10. I did some research and checked prices on the internet. The only thing I am sure now is that I would need special screwdriver set mentioned earlier in this thread But where to buy housing is still a question to me.
    I found 3 options:
    1) etradesupply
    BlackBerry Q10 Complete Housing ($29.92)
    BlackBerry Q10 Housing and QWERTY Keypad Assembly - White ($39.99)
    Are they different?
    2) ebay
    New Black Full Housing Case Cover for Blackberry Q10 Replacement Parts | eBay ($39.69)
    3) Aliexpress
    Aliexpress.com : Buy For Samsung T989 LCD Touch Digitizer Screen Assembly , Galaxy S2 USA Free shipping from Reliable galaxy s2 leather case suppliers on Guangzhou Etoplink Co., Ltd ($38.00)

Which one is better? Are they all the same? Are there anyone who already ordered from that particular places?
    I live in Ukraine, ordering from ebay or Aliexpress is free, ordering from etradesupply is over $30, so I guess it makes sense only if etradesupply has better quaility.

If you have any advice, please help me to choose better option. Thank you.
    paperapp likes this.
    01-08-14 07:52 AM
    They're all cheap $7 copies and your speaker won't work properly, so the cheaper, the better.
    There is a place where you can get the housing for something like $13, but shipping is $30. Not worth it for just one item...

I wouldn't order from etradesuppy as you have to pay for shipping again if you need a replacement part. On top of that, they lie about the quality of what they sell, knowing full well it's copies and insisting it's OEM.

Oh, and get the keyboard, yours will fail eventually.

Sent from my Z30/3
    01-13-14 06:06 PM
    Sounds really interesting and if I didn't already own a Z10 I'd definitely switch to a modded DevC ;D
    01-24-14 08:59 AM
    I had a DAC with a broken LED screen, so I had ordered both the full housing and the screen from ETradeSupply. While installing the screen, however, I damaged the camera connector while taking it out. Is there a way to fix only the connector, or will I have to replace the whole camera unit - in which case, is it recommended to buy the one on Etradesupply (BlackBerry Q10 Rear Facing Camera) (I'm not sure if it will have the same quality is the original camera in terms of megapixels etc.)

I also have 2 other problems: my notification LED isn't working anymore and the speaker sounds 'crispy', as previously mentioned in this thread. What can I do to make these better?
    03-15-14 08:09 AM
    I had a DAC with a broken LED screen, so I had ordered both the full housing and the screen from ETradeSupply. While installing the screen, however, I damaged the camera connector while taking it out. Is there a way to fix only the connector, or will I have to replace the whole camera unit - in which case, is it recommended to buy the one on Etradesupply (BlackBerry Q10 Rear Facing Camera) (I'm not sure if it will have the same quality is the original camera in terms of megapixels etc.)

I also have 2 other problems: my notification LED isn't working anymore and the speaker sounds 'crispy', as previously mentioned in this thread. What can I do to make these better?
    I can't help you with the camera component and I think there is a real risk of getting an inferior component. I have the same worries about the screen: Getting some LCD instead of the cheap OLED screen that comes with a real Q10. You would need to get a new screen to get the LED working as it's glued to it.

And regarding the speaker, your best bet is to get an original housing from an official BlackBerry repair centre. If that's not possible, recover the part from the DAC. 99% of what's on Chinese websites is garbage.
    03-17-14 11:45 AM
    No, the screen appears to be legitimate and is working well. However, I wanted to know where the notification LED receives its power from - is it the flex connector of the camera that I've accidentally damaged? Is there any way to repair only the flex connector for the camera, or would I have to get the entire camera unit? Further, the primary bottom microphone is not functional anymore - how can I troubleshoot this?

Finally, how can I go about recovering the original speaker from the DAC housing?
    03-18-14 08:30 AM
    No, the screen appears to be legitimate and is working well. However, I wanted to know where the notification LED receives its power from - is it the flex connector of the camera that I've accidentally damaged? Is there any way to repair only the flex connector for the camera, or would I have to get the entire camera unit? Further, the primary bottom microphone is not functional anymore - how can I troubleshoot this?

Finally, how can I go about recovering the original speaker from the DAC housing?
    Using the backplate of your DAC will solve both your microphone and speaker problem.
    03-18-14 10:04 AM
    Hi guys!

Just read the entire thread. Thanks to everyone who has put their time and effort into researching everything.

Prices seem to have changed significantly since the first posts in this thread (given how much time has passed), and as such - I'm not entirely sure whether what I'm looking at is the right stuff (given prices are so different!)

To confirm, I need this:

Amazon.com: OEM Full Housing Cover Case (Black) For Blackberry Q10 With Keypad, Middle Plate, Battery Door: Cell Phones & Accessories

+ Tools? These look OK but I might be missing the T2? Mini Screwdriver Hand Mobile Tool T3 T4 T5 T6 T7 T8 Y00 | eBay

Assuming those are going to be okay (and if you could point me the right direction if those are NOT okay...)

Will the following work with those?

1. NFC (seems like battery door has the contacts...)
    2. Keyboard (i.e. I can get rid of my DAC keyboard)
    3. Speaker? (I'm not 100% clear on what the issue is, and what the replacement part might need to be replaced as well).

And if all the above is okay - I can follow DJ Reyes video and hopefully get it done!
    03-23-14 03:49 AM
    You should replace kayboard with whole keyborad mainboard. Devc is very sensitive after few months

Wysłane z mojego GT-I9300 przy użyciu Tapatalka
    03-23-14 03:58 AM
    You should replace kayboard with whole keyborad mainboard. Devc is very sensitive after few months
    It doesn't look like any of the kits come with that - has anyone else had the same problem now 6-7 months have passed since they Q10'd their DAC?
    03-25-14 12:42 AM
    My has become sensitive after 5 months. Everyone I know has the same problem and sooner or later every devC KB will be sensitive
    03-25-14 01:31 AM
    My has become sensitive after 5 months. Everyone I know has the same problem and sooner or later every devC KB will be sensitive
    Is one of these what I need?

Pictured in black but says it's white so I might need to find a black one

Posted via CB10
    03-25-14 01:36 AM
    Swap DAC internals to a Q10 housing-keyboard_flex_for_blackberry_q10_original.jpgFull keyboard is needed
    03-25-14 03:25 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Keyboard_Flex_for_blackberry_Q10_Original.jpg 
Views:	1245 
Size:	51.8 KB 
ID:	258151Full keyboard is needed
    Sorry in my haste I forgot to paste the link...

BlackBerry Q10 Keypad and Keyboard Assembly

One of those + the full housing

Is there anything special with NFC or will the full housing work?
    03-25-14 04:45 AM
    that keyboard sholud be ok. you will need battery backdoor with NFC antenna
    03-25-14 05:16 AM
    NFC never worked for me, after the conversion and LED notifications have stopped working.
    I tried changing the screen, thinking it was the LED itself which got too much static, but it seems something is wrong with the motherboard itself.
    04-14-14 12:29 PM
    Metal back cover probably will impact antennas performance
    04-14-14 06:29 PM
    The tips are made of high quality metal, but the screwdriver itself is not very good
    04-14-14 06:30 PM
    I'm starting to have the same keyboard problem with the new housing... only me?
    06-13-14 07:59 AM
    So keyboard quality problems.
    06-13-14 08:27 AM
    Yep, it starts failing again after a while, Windermere can't come soon enough...
    06-14-14 04:42 AM
    that sucks... it lasted less than 9 months and I did not use it a lot...
    06-14-14 04:55 AM
    is there anyone who bought a real genuine Q10 housing and can say that his loudspeaker is working properly?

I bought mine from Parts4Mobiles
    Blackberry Q10 Complete Full Set Housing - White

and even though they clearly stated via email that they're selling the GENUINE housing, what I received is the known chinese housing, with loudspeaker issues (haven't checked NFC etc)

So, don't buy the housing from parts4mobiles.com

Is there a place which is known to be selling GENUINE housings?
    07-05-14 04:43 AM
    There is no possibility to buy genuine housing.
    07-05-14 06:50 AM
383 ... 13141516