Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    545 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Question for Dev Alpha users: Do Android apps load like on the PlayBook?

I every now and then have to wait a long time to get Android apps to run due to the runtime having to kick off on the PlayBook. Sometimes I even have to completely restart the tablet in order to get Android functionality back. I was hoping the latest 2.1 release would've fixed this but it doesn't appear so. My question is for for the Dev Alpha owners is it the same way for you all or is it more seamless and fast when launching Android apps? I'm just hoping this doesn't happen when BB10 hits. I tried to show a friend YouVersion on the PlayBook yesterday and it just never ran. Of course he pulled his iphone out which I used to own and launched it right away. Anyways, it didn't leave a good impression for him about the PlayBook.

Thanks,
    Gary
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,723 Global Posts
    PIN
    BBM & Kik (ask)

Default Re: Question for Dev Alpha users: Do Android apps load like on the PlayBook?

I haven't had problems with most of the Android based apps loading on my PlayBook. On the Dev Alpha, they load just fine as well.

Both have a QNX back end. 10.0.9 is the first beta OS that doesn't feel like a skinned PlayBook OS, but I would say it is far from finished.
    RuneCryption - Unique memory game for PlayBook & BB10, now "Built for BlackBerry".
    CrackBerry Genius

Default Re: Question for Dev Alpha users: Do Android apps load like on the PlayBook?

I find the Dev Alpha Android player to be superior to that on the PlayBook. Things load fast and they run very well.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    336 Global Posts

I am hoping android support gets much better in bb10, so we can run more apps than previously possible and with more stability. If properly executed it could be a huge selling point, having the native bb10 app library complimented by an additional library of android apps. Currently its just a handful of apps that run smoothly, considering the total number of android apps available, id say currently we have less than near 5% compatibility (can anyone check the numbers? ) getting that up to 25% would be great.