• 1 Post By cbolton97
  • 1 Post By Thunderbuck
  • 2 Post By thinbluedba
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Post Vancouver Developer Event

Just wanted to say thanks to all the devs I met at the Vancouver event. It was probably one of the best moments of my life. I know that sounds sappy, but truly I'm blown away by how friendly everyone was. If you were there, ping me your twitter account, I would love to talk to some of you guys more. Any other thoughts of the event?
    @cbolton97

BlackBerry Z10 LE #207
    Thanked by:
    Thunderbuck (02-01-2013) 
    Elite1 and Thunderbuck like this.
    CrackBerry User

Hey,

It was great meeting you and your mom as well. My twitter is the same as my name here.

Overall it was an okay event, I was hoping for more presence from BlackBerry. However, it was enjoyable and the hospitality was good.
    cbolton97 likes this.
    CrackBerry User

Oh yeah, BlackBerry Link is supposedly available now, so maybe that can fix your device.

Global Posts
    12,350 Global Posts
    PIN
    C0001F61B

Hi Chris, I didn't meet you, but I was there. It was cool that you got called up to say Hi to Alec Saunders.
    Keep on moving! If you're starting as a dev at 15, I can't wait to see all the exciting you'll do as you gain experience. Best of luck.
    Saving the world, one OS at a time...

Follow Me On Twitter: @elite1_
    How to Lock/Password-Lock/Unlock for newer OS for Bold 99xx/97xx/9650, Torch 98xx, Tour 9630, Storm2, Curve 93xx/8900

Curve 8330Tour 9630Bold 9700Torch 9800Bold 9900Z10
    Z30
    psst... Here's THANKS button
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Quote Originally Posted by thinbluedba View Post
    Oh yeah, BlackBerry Link is supposedly available now, so maybe that can fix your device.
    Thanks, downloading it now.
    @cbolton97

BlackBerry Z10 LE #207
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Thanks so much! Definitely got positive vibes tonight. Sometimes people will dismiss the younger guys as just kids, but I didn't get that at all tonight.
    @cbolton97

BlackBerry Z10 LE #207
    Elite1 likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Hey cbolton97, it was great to meet you today too. In case you couldn't figure who I am, check the # of posts I have written on CrackBerry. Too bad I wasn't there longer, but great to see so many people actually showing up at the event. Got a chance to see the Z10 in action and it's pretty dam awesome. What happened to your dev device?

In any event, also good to see you guys here on the Crackberry forums

It was a pretty crazy day (I woke up early to watch the keynote and was absolutely wowed by the BBM Screen Sharing. It's too bad the tech bloggers tend to focus on stupid little things, but overall, I think this is a good start. With the people involved, RIM (wait, BB, not RIM) is in a much better place than this time last year
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

Hehe, hey there. My Dev Alpha is having some issues after the security wipe. I've downloaded Link and for some reason it doesn't think its a BlackBerry 10 device. However, BlackBerry device manager has now started to work with it so I guess everything will be resolved
    @cbolton97

BlackBerry Z10 LE #207
    CrackBerry Genius

I had my dev alpha brick once, and I used the autoloader (https://developer.blackberry.com/bla...alphas/update/). Not sure if you tried that.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    BALL is Amazing

I was at the Vancouver event, didn't get to meet you but we all got to see you chat with Alec Saunders. Kudos to you for starting so young
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  

Quote Originally Posted by altrax View Post
    I was at the Vancouver event, didn't get to meet you but we all got to see you chat with Alec Saunders. Kudos to you for starting so young
    Thanks, didn't really know what to say, probably should have done like a big thank you but then again hindsight is always 20/20
    @cbolton97

BlackBerry Z10 LE #207
    CrackBerry User

If I submitted the trade-up application but yet to submit my app do i still qualify for the Z10 LE?
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by vlicaros View Post
    If I submitted the trade-up application but yet to submit my app do i still qualify for the Z10 LE?
    Unfortunately, no. You need to have submitted the application by the 21st of January. I don't think it has to be approved by the 21st, but it must be submitted for approval by the 21st.
    CrackBerry User

Oh i've submitted it on time just it hasn't been approved. I did read the terms and conditions and saw that as long as the app gets approved by February 28th. Which makes sense why the LE devices won't be out till March

Global Posts
    5,284 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B6927F7

Hey Chris, hadn't realized you'd started this thread!

It was awesome to meet you (and your mom!). You know your stuff, and I really enjoyed chatting with you. Like an ***** I ignored your advice and wiped my own DA today and wound up in the same place as you did. Luckily, it looks like I found a way out (posted to your other thread).

Anyway, I liked TONS of stuff about the event, but my favorite part was getting to meet some fellow CBers.

"Max Power doesn't 'cuddle'! You strap yourself in and feel the Gs!"
    cbolton97 likes this.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts

I didn't get to talk to very many of you, but it was nice to meet some of the CrackBerry community in person.

Chris, good stuff on your part man. When I was 15, I wasn't doing anything remotely productive/awesome like you're doing.
    CrackBerry Genius

As I was telling a few folks at the event, I think there are quite a few crackberry members in Van/Western Canada. Good to see everyone here!
    CrackBerry User

We should really get our Vancouver/West Coast group organized!
    greatwiseone and cbolton97 like this.
    CrackBerry User

On a different note, anyone going to the BlackBerry Experience Forum tomorrow? I'll be there.
    BlackBerry Experience Forum
    CrackBerry Genius

Was planning to go, but unfortunately won't be able to attend cause of work. Lots of Z10's (and may be some Q10's) for you to play around with!