Hey does anyone know if we can put any final os on Dev Alpha C?
    03-28-13 11:05 PM
    Hi rjsdavis,

Have you had any luck with getting your PRO 100-2 Dev Alpha to detect the SIM card? I updated mine with OS Ver 10.0.10.648 and the SIM card is still not detected. I'm wondering what the other users did to get their PRO 100-2 devices to detect and work with the SIM cards?
    Hi Vhellberg

Never did get it sorted with the original handset, but have just received a replacement from Rim. It seems to work this time which is a bonus.

Anyone want a Dev Alpha A which is pristine and perfect apart from the Sim tray being faulty?

Also - has one done a review of which of the leaked/official o/s's have worked best on the Dev Alpha A device? Am presently running 10.0.10.261 and it seems to work fine - but wondered if any of the later releases were significantly better?
    03-29-13 06:17 PM
    That's a fairly old (!) non official release that you're running there (10.0.9.2372) - and 10.0.10.261 (which is later), is generally regarded as being better, faster and less buggy.

I do like not having the PIN number template showing in the corners of the desktop screen on yours though!
    03-29-13 06:22 PM
    Nope, full os won't help you from getting bricked on June 30th. Dev Alpha have hardware protection that does this bricking thing.
    How do you know?
    03-29-13 06:24 PM
    One of the developer evangelists from BB tweeted it....
    03-29-13 08:22 PM
    Hi Vhellberg

Anyone want a Dev Alpha A which is pristine and perfect apart from the Sim tray being faulty?
    How do you know?

1. You can actually do whatever you want with that faulty DA ? Send it to me
    2. You can't cheat hardware protection. Inside info
    03-30-13 05:14 AM
    2. You can't cheat hardware protection. Inside info
    Bugger.....
    03-31-13 09:28 PM
    BTW - has anyone managed to link up their PlayBook to a Dev Alpha device?

I can see that BB Bridge is in the BB World for BB10 o/s, but it's blocked from download stating that it's not available for download for the current device. Is there a bypass, or is there a version of the BB10 o/s that will get around this?
    03-31-13 10:27 PM
    Let me have your dev alpha. I had one with sim tray issues and some magician fixed it.
    04-03-13 10:02 AM
    Hi Vhellberg

Never did get it sorted with the original handset, but have just received a replacement from Rim. It seems to work this time which is a bonus.

Also - has one done a review of which of the leaked/official o/s's have worked best on the Dev Alpha A device? Am presently running 10.0.10.261 and it seems to work fine - but wondered if any of the later releases were significantly better?
    I really wont mind your dev alpha if it's just the sim tray
    04-03-13 10:03 AM
    Let me have your dev alpha. I had one with sim tray issues and some magician fixed it.
    Fixed how?
    04-03-13 11:29 AM
    Hey, I upgraded my dev alpha to 10.9.10.35 from the developer website.
    It can't run the playbook video app like I had it running before the upgrade, nor does the web browser work, has anyone got a working video player?
    I would love if there is one with srt support.
    04-05-13 02:17 PM
    somewhat off topic but i have a
    question

is it possible put final software in BlackBerry 10 Simulator - BB10?? thanks
    sorry if this has been asked before.
    04-05-13 02:33 PM
    Hey, I upgraded my dev alpha to 10.9.10.35 from the developer website.
    It can't run the playbook video app like I had it running before the upgrade, nor does the web browser work, has anyone got a working video player?
    What Playbook video app? The Dev Alpha can't be connected to a PlayBook from any o/s install I've seen.... 10.0.10.261 has an excellent working browser and video app (on the handset).
    04-05-13 07:41 PM
    @rjsdavis, Thank you so much for the response, sorry for the delay
    The dev alpha had the Playbook OS running when it was handed out by the then RIM to developers, I downloaded the bar package from the 9th post from this URL & that video player is working, the same one is not working the latest version of dev alpha OS anymore, would you extract & upload your video app bar file so I could try it?
    04-16-13 10:20 AM
    somewhat off topic but i have a
    question

is it possible put final software in BlackBerry 10 Simulator - BB10?? thanks
    sorry if this has been asked before.
    I dont think so. Sim is running on x86, while the actual device is ARM.

@rjsdavis, I have 2 friends who work at service centers repairing cellphones, probably they could fix it.
    I always liked Dev Alpha A more then B, but unfortunately I got only B and C, that is on its way. If you still have it and do not need it, I can pay you shipping costs. I would even buy it from you, but I think it is illegal to sell it.
    04-16-13 11:57 AM
    Thanks Topt - drop me a PM if you like...
    04-16-13 05:07 PM
    @rjsdavis, Thank you so much for the response, sorry for the delay
    The dev alpha had the Playbook OS running when it was handed out by the then RIM to developers, I downloaded the bar package from the 9th post from this URL & that video player is working, the same one is not working the latest version of dev alpha OS anymore, would you extract & upload your video app bar file so I could try it?
    No need to extract and upload it... you can download your own version of the executable from here:

BB10 OSes ← Open Source BlackBerry – OSBB

Use Chrome to download it.
    sheldork likes this.
    04-16-13 05:10 PM
    Thanks Topt - drop me a PM if you like...
    PM-ed you
    04-18-13 10:31 AM
    I didn't realize there was a demand for dev Alpha (A?) devices, I'm just trying to figure out the darned app portal, but I don't know if its way too late for me to get it replaced for a LE. If not and if i am free to do as I please with it I'd unload mine too..
    update: actually realizing it is probably an alphaB, assuming that's the last that was released before the C (Keyboard)
    Haven't tried the new software or SIM slot on mine. (I know my friend's SIM doesn't work on his but he hasnt autoloaded yet..)
    Last edited by sanaking; 04-18-13 at 06:28 PM. Reason: oops incorrect, correcting what i have
    04-18-13 12:02 PM
    @rjsdavis, Thank you so much... again
    04-19-13 11:16 PM
    Can someone please point me to where I can download the leaked final os for the dev alpha device?

Thanks!!
    04-20-13 09:39 PM
    Can someone please point me to where I can download the leaked final os for the dev alpha device?

Thanks!!

Here: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...78/index3.html
    04-21-13 04:37 AM
    Hi, my issue with the video player is not resolved yet totally.
    With the new build, the video player is working but it won't let me lock it in the portrait mode.

EDIT:
    Locking it in portrait mode is possible, not in landscape!
    gaaaah, its such a simple thing & it slipped their mind?
    Last edited by sheldork; 04-21-13 at 11:42 PM.
    04-21-13 07:23 AM

Thanks!!
    Just scroll up four posts!

Or click here:

BB10 OSes ← Open Source BlackBerry – OSBB
    04-21-13 03:29 PM
502 ... 18192021