Please Test My App!
To anyone who has a BB10 dev alpha device:
I'm new to the whole developing app business and I would like see someone test my first app!
You can download the .bar file from here.
If you could, please test the following:
- How the text looks in relation to the actual device (too big or too small)
- General smoothness and response of the app
- If the app actually works (AMNZ. should produce NZAM.)
- If you could copy/paste stuff into the textbox.
- How easy is it to type into the textbox when the virual keyboard is up
- Anything else you like/not like/would like to see added
- You could also perform the same checks you perform for your apps!
Basically, let me know how bad/good it is...
Screenshots/camera pictures would be nice as well!
Thanks in advance!
Last edited by DisturbedRocks31; 01-23-13 at 12:51 AM.
- 01-02-13, 06:59 AM #2
Then, before requesting tests, you might explain what your app is supposed to do
Yeah I did use the simulator, but well, it's a simulator and it can't simulate the real deal!
The app itself is a ROT13 converter. Simply put, it takes the user input, and shifts all the letters by 13 forwards or backwards. (A becomes N, B becomes O, Z becomes A etc..)
It asks for "device identifying information" for ad serving purposes.
Last edited by DisturbedRocks31; 01-02-13 at 01:15 PM.
- 01-02-13, 01:39 PM #4
What is the black box from at the bottom of the screen, it is also at the top in the about screen? also the black box moves up with the keyboard.
You could have the convert at the top of the screen of move up when the keyboard is visible
- 01-03-13, 08:51 AM #7
For the arrow to expand the text area, i think there is to many one should be good enough. you could also have it change from a down arrow to an up arrow when it is expanded, or you could just have it expanded always since there is nothing else under it. One more thing are you sure that you need the actions in the overflow since you already have the convert and clear on the screen?
I don't really have the device and so I guessed that there will be people who will have trouble getting their hand across the screen to press the buttons. To make sure everyone can use it easily I put them in the the overflow!
How is the app's load time and general smoothness?!
And thanks a lot for testing it! Really appreciate it.
Last edited by DisturbedRocks31; 01-03-13 at 05:34 PM.
- CrackBerry Abuser
01-07-13, 10:37 AM #15
- 287 Posts
- 01-07-13, 12:37 PM #16
Last edited by big bb; 01-07-13 at 02:09 PM.
Yeah, I used to think why should I pay for apps. Then I developed and realized that a lot of effort is required.
That been said, I see a lot of devs just pushing out $0.99 apps that don't deserve a single penny.
This app I've submitted to BBWorld for free but I'm also working on another app that will be a paid app.
- 01-23-13, 12:37 AM #24
I have a dev alpha, I can quickly throw it on and check it out.. The link at the top of the thread is dead though, you can either reply or send the .bar to "firstname.lastname@example.org" if you need more people to test it.
- By fourcand in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 6Last Post: 06-03-09, 08:06 AM
- By 2Hot-n-AZ in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000 ThemesReplies: 4Last Post: 05-18-09, 09:25 PM
- By msellers in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 2Last Post: 04-14-09, 12:23 PM
- By hal1 in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 17Last Post: 08-30-08, 03:22 PM
- By hal1 in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 17Last Post: 08-30-08, 03:22 PM