Awesome app, it'll be one of my first dowloade apps
    11-10-12 08:20 PM
    Could you change the icons of drop menu? They look a little odd. You could use for the system icon the BB logo, then for the local icon it could be perimeter of the dev alpha (a rectangle) or L-Series's (a rectangle with rounded corners with two lines each one down the corners). Finally, for the SD card you could use a minimalistic icon of it.

It'll be nice if you just use the cloud services icons, because the actual icons look very overloaded.

Apart of this, it looks very polished.
    11-10-12 08:53 PM
    It'll be nice if you just use the cloud services icons, because the actual icons look very overloaded.

Apart of this, it looks very polished.
    I take your advice. I add it in my TODO list. I think that user should be able to choose its icon and set the title label used in the swipedown menu.

Nicolas
    11-11-12 07:33 AM
    Do you have a view to show the directory tree and navigate from it?
    I haven't planned to do it. But if there is requests, I can study the tree implementation. Tree can be usefull on PlayBook, but on the screen of mobile.

Can you provide a draw of your concept ? In the tree, you want all the files and folders ? Only folders ? You want that I split the view (as windows files browser) ?

Nicolas
    11-11-12 07:39 AM
    I haven't planned to do it. But if there is requests, I can study the tree implementation. Tree can be usefull on PlayBook, but on the screen of mobile.

Can you provide a draw of your concept ? In the tree, you want all the files and folders ? Only folders ? You want that I split the view (as windows files browser) ?

Nicolas
    When I was asking the question, I was thinking about the files & folders app on Playbook. It doesn't exactly give your tree view, but it does show all the folders along with files, so you can navigate through the directory structure pretty easily. You might want to at least match Files & Folders' flexibility to navigating through the file system.

Hope this helps.
    11-11-12 11:03 AM
    When I was asking the question, I was thinking about the files & folders app on Playbook. It doesn't exactly give your tree view, but it does show all the folders along with files, so you can navigate through the directory structure pretty easily. You might want to at least match Files & Folders' flexibility to navigating through the file system.
    Ok, I understand what you want. I look it later

Nicolas
    11-12-12 03:04 PM
    Hi,

RIM announces BlackBerry 10 for the 30 january...

I continue to work about PlayCloud to offer your the best (I hope).

And now, a question : Are you able to print a document from our BlackBerry ?

PlayCloud 10 preview-img_00000132.png

It could be a great feature ?

So this week-end, I have searched a solution to be able to print my documents directly from my old BlackBerry... no real solution
    I have looked (quickly) on Android and iOS... nothing. I can only find some tools to print ; but you have to install a tool on a dekstop computer !

So I have tested a solution ; I have implemented quickly a concept... and wow it works !

At the bb10 launch, PlayCloud 10 will support maybe a real print feature ! I use a IPP (Internet Printing Protocol) client.
    I have to add an UI to set and choose your printer ; load your PPD files ; set print jobs (pages, nbr copies...)

So we should be able to print PostScript and PDF files ; photos files... I offer an invokation API to other developpers to send print job to PlayCloud.

Are you interested in ? Do you want other feature ?
    11-12-12 03:14 PM
    Hi,

RIM announces BlackBerry 10 for the 30 january...

I continue to work about PlayCloud to offer your the best (I hope).

And now, a question : Are you able to print a document from our BlackBerry ?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000132.png 
Views:	74 
Size:	116.3 KB 
ID:	125389

It could be a great feature ?

So this week-end, I have searched a solution to be able to print my documents directly from my old BlackBerry... no real solution
    I have looked (quickly) on Android and iOS... nothing. I can only find some tools to print ; but you have to install a tool on a dekstop computer !

So I have tested a solution ; I have implemented quickly a concept... and wow it works !

At the bb10 launch, PlayCloud 10 will support maybe a real print feature ! I use a IPP (Internet Printing Protocol) client.
    I have to add an UI to set and choose your printer ; load your PPD files ; set print jobs (pages, nbr copies...)

So we should be able to print PostScript and PDF files ; photos files... I offer an invokation API to other developpers to send print job to PlayCloud.

Are you interested in ? Do you want other feature ?
    Course that would be great for on the go jobs.
    Be awesome if you could implement a scanning feature too to use for your pc, mac, desktop, laptop, or tablet. I just upgraded to Windows 8, and the multi-printer, scanner, and fax machine that my Mom bought only works with Windows 7 and Under so I am having to send pictures with the crappy 9900 camera to upload to my laptop. Very inconvenient when before I was able to scan images from the scanner to my laptop.
    I am a Multimedia Graphic Design Student and would like a chance to be able to scan images that I take with the new BB10 camera and then use the scan feature to hook up via Wifi (if you can) to the said multi-machine.
    11-17-12 03:38 PM
    Course that would be great for on the go jobs.
    Be awesome if you could implement a scanning feature too to use for your pc, mac, desktop, laptop, or tablet. I just upgraded to Windows 8, and the multi-printer, scanner, and fax machine that my Mom bought only works with Windows 7 and Under so I am having to send pictures with the crappy 9900 camera to upload to my laptop. Very inconvenient when before I was able to scan images from the scanner to my laptop.
    I am a Multimedia Graphic Design Student and would like a chance to be able to scan images that I take with the new BB10 camera and then use the scan feature to hook up via Wifi (if you can) to the said multi-machine.
    Hi,

I don't know a standard protocol to dialog with a network scanner. Whereas for a printer, there is LPD, IPP... (I use IPP).

But if you have a solution... I prefer a solution who solution that works for Windows, Linux, Mac.

Nicolas
    11-20-12 03:22 PM
    Hi,

I have redesigned the application menu to use the "standard" BlackBerry 10 and to be flower

PlayCloud 10 preview-img_00000158.png
    PlayCloud 10 preview-img_00000174.png
    PlayCloud 10 preview-img_00000160.png

Do you prefer it ?

Nicolas
    11-20-12 03:31 PM
    @nicklas79 hey I downloaded it and tried to use it - even after 10min I haven't been able to figure out how to download files or upload files to or from my dropbox . . .
    11-20-12 04:56 PM
    @nicklas79 hey I downloaded it and tried to use it - even after 10min I haven't been able to figure out how to download files or upload files to or from my dropbox . . .
    Where do you download from ? If AppWorld, you have the first (an old) release.

AppWorld 10 server aren't often refresh whereas I have submitted several new releases...

My advice is used the BAR file : http://progweb.com/PlayCloud.bar

Say me, if you have still an issue with it.

To use Dropbox :
    1�/ launch the app
    2�/ go in the settings section
    3�/ select dropbox item
    4�/ Follow the dropbox registration process (PlayCloud opens the browser)
    5�/ At last and from the Dropbox settings section, connect PlayCloud to your Dropbox account
    6�/ Don't forget to enable the dropbox view (the toggle button "enable")
    7�/ Your dropbox cloud should be usable from the swipedown menu.

The release with the new menu (see my last post) isn't yet published.

Nicolas
    bbquincar likes this.
    11-21-12 03:11 AM
    i love the app so far i really have no use for it on my playbook but i will be getting/buying this apps as soon as i can. looking forward to the upgrades
    11-22-12 11:42 AM
    i love the app so far i really have no use for it on my playbook but i will be getting/buying this apps as soon as i can. looking forward to the upgrades
    Thanks,

PlayCloud 10 will be quickly ported on PlayBook with OS 10.

Today, PlayCloud 10 is better than PlayCloud for PlayBook (more features, flower...) thanks to Cascades (better and more efficient than AirSDK !)

Nicolas
    11-22-12 02:18 PM
    Wow! This not only looks great, but with this kind of custumer service before it is even released ... well I am excited. Of course, you do realize you are making it that much harder to wait for BB10, right LOL?
    11-22-12 03:43 PM
    Wow! This not only looks great, but with this kind of custumer service before it is even released ... well I am excited. Of course, you do realize you are making it that much harder to wait for BB10, right LOL?
    All features aren't yet unveiled and published

Nicolas
    11-22-12 04:01 PM
    Oh, torture!
    11-22-12 05:21 PM
    Well done!
    Your app look really great! The cloud icons make the view easier!
    I strongly thinking about using this app with my futur BB10 phone.
    11-23-12 05:58 AM
    Hi...

After BlackBerry 10 news, PlayCloud 10 news

Some pictures about work...

PlayCloud 10 preview-img_00000181.jpg PlayCloud 10 preview-img_00000182.jpg
    PlayCloud 10 preview-img_00000184.jpg PlayCloud 10 preview-img_00000183.jpg

Then, in the same transfer monitoring views :

PlayCloud 10 preview-img_00000180.jpg

Note : works with network printer (or network print server as CUPS) using postscript/PDF
    and IPP v1.0 ; 1.1 ; 2.0 ; 2.1 ; 2.2 (Internet Printing Protocol)

Still 2 months to wait.... still 2 months to implement new features

Nicolas
    Last edited by nicklas79; 12-01-12 at 02:32 PM.
    kbz1960 and greatwiseone like this.
    11-30-12 05:20 PM
    I just can say wow for your playcloud. You make bb10 a real mobile computing since it can print document directly.

I'm waiting for the next update from you.

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
    11-30-12 06:05 PM
    Hi, Nic, May I share this to my mailing list community? I'm sure that many of us (especially who has Alpha, Rev B, or London) will be happy to get this application. Please let me know if it's OK.
    11-30-12 09:04 PM
    Hi, Nic, May I share this to my mailing list community? I'm sure that many of us (especially who has Alpha, Rev B, or London) will be happy to get this application. Please let me know if it's OK.
    Indeed, you can share the info. I can provide BAR to tests (contact me in private).

The application is available in the appworld. I'll submit a new release the next week (with print feature).

Nicolas
    aragone79 likes this.
    12-01-12 02:23 AM
    Indeed, you can share the info. I can provide BAR to tests (contact me in private).

The application is available in the appworld. I'll submit a new release the next week (with print feature).

Nicolas
    Already PM you Nic. Thank's for your kindness
    12-01-12 08:25 AM
    What is the application about?
    12-01-12 12:20 PM
    What is the application about?

Means ?

What is PlayCloud?

This app permits to manage your clouds data (dropbox, box, skydrive, Google drive) and standards as ftp and webdav (with or not ssl)

I have written this app mainly for webdav to use with owncloud.

Now the app allows to use printers.

I'm adding other features.

Nicolas
    12-01-12 12:57 PM
129 1234 ...