Can someone with a Dev Alpha C tell me whether it's any easier to video call a PlayBook with the same BBID in 10.1? In 10.0, it's limited and I would like to know if RIM fixed this or is waiting for BB10 for the PlayBook. Thanks.

Posted with my AT&T BlackBerry Z10
    03-28-13 11:21 PM
    Can someone with a Dev Alpha C tell me whether it's any easier to video call a PlayBook with the same BBID in 10.1? In 10.0, it's limited and I would like to know if RIM fixed this or is waiting for BB10 for the PlayBook. Thanks.

how do you class limited on 10.0? because I have no issues calling my PB from my Z10
    03-29-13 10:32 AM
    how do you class limited on 10.0? because I have no issues calling my PB from my Z10
    How do you call the playbook from your Z10? please tell me the steps.
    Last edited by IqWaN; 03-29-13 at 11:25 AM.
    03-29-13 10:52 AM
    Currently bbm on the dev c doesn't even have voice/video.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 02:00 PM
    How do you call the playbook from your Z10? please tell me the steps.
    In contacts app create a new contact, add the BBID of said playbook to email section. save contact.
    when you view the contact you should see the email address (the usual tap to compose) and also a `playbook video chat` option.
    tap that to call your PB. simples
    03-29-13 02:42 PM
    In contacts app create a new contact, add the BBID of said playbook to email section. save contact.
    when you view the contact you should see the email address (the usual tap to compose) and also a `playbook video chat` option.
    tap that to call your PB. simples
    My PlayBook and Z10 share a BBID and I inserted my BBID email and PlayBook pin under a contact for my PlayBook and it just says "Invite to BBM." you can't call Playbooks from Z10 that share the same BBID currently in 10.0

03-29-13 09:27 PM
    My PlayBook and Z10 share a BBID and I inserted my BBID email and PlayBook pin under a contact for my PlayBook and it just says "Invite to BBM." you can't call Playbooks from Z10 that share the same BBID currently in 10.0

Works just fine here. Sharing my BBID with my PlayBook, and the PlayBook Video Chat option comes up in my contact info, in addition to the "Invite to BBM" option.
    03-29-13 09:38 PM
    Or just use your playbook's pin...

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 10:52 PM
    Or just use your playbook's pin...

Posted via CB10
    The Z10 doesn't have a stand alone Video Chat app. We can't simply type the PIN and hit call. How do you propose we use the PIN?
    SebastianNap likes this.
    03-29-13 11:42 PM
    Works just fine here. Sharing my BBID with my PlayBook, and the PlayBook Video Chat option comes up in my contact info, in addition to the "Invite to BBM" option.
    I don't know what's wrong :/

03-29-13 11:42 PM
    The Z10 doesn't have a stand alone Video Chat app. We can't simply type the PIN and hit call. How do you propose we use the PIN?
    My mistake, playbook to z10 works with pin, you need to call your playbook using BBM contacts (for yourself) if using the same bbid

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 08:26 AM
    I don't know what's wrong :/

What OS version are you on? It's possible that this may have been a bug fixed in the last update. Maybe try re-adding your contact info, BBID first? If the BBID doesn't prompt the PlayBook Video Chat option, then enter the PlayBook's PIN in the contact info and see if that helps. As a last resort you could try restarting the phone after re-adding the contact. If that doesn't work, then I honestly have no idea what's up.

Edit: Just checked the contact I have entered, there's no PIN, just the BBID. So if it isn't working without the PIN something must be wrong.
    03-30-13 08:31 AM
    What OS version are you on? It's possible that this may have been a bug fixed in the last update. Maybe try re-adding your contact info, BBID first? If the BBID doesn't prompt the PlayBook Video Chat option, then enter the PlayBook's PIN in the contact info and see if that helps. As a last resort you could try restarting the phone after re-adding the contact. If that doesn't work, then I honestly have no idea what's up.

Edit: Just checked the contact I have entered, there's no PIN, just the BBID. So if it isn't working without the PIN something must be wrong.
    I am running 10.0.10.88 on STL100-3 on AT&T and PlayBook OS 2.1.0.1526. Will try those methods, and report back.

03-30-13 09:32 AM