I love BlackBerry's picture password. But I recently realized that fingerprint unlock does solve one problem... I have an ICE app (in case of emergency) containing doctor's numbers, family contacts, medications, blood type, etc. But I keep my phone locked! If I'm incapacitated, a first responder can't access the info! With fingerprint they could press my finger on it and gain access...

In the same way that the phone has a "button" for making an emergency call when locked, there should be an ICE button that brings up your configured choice of ICE app when locked!

Posted via CB10
    08-12-15 03:58 PM
    You could always keep that information on a piece of paper in your wallet. Seems like the more rational thing to do.
    08-12-15 04:03 PM
    https://www.medicalert.org.uk/

Or equivalent in your area.
    Waterproof, recognised, no battery required.
    00stryder likes this.
    08-12-15 04:27 PM
    maybe someday we'll have a chip implanted in our brains and we can knock heads together triggering NFC authentication and then transfer of info.
    00stryder likes this.
    08-12-15 04:30 PM
    In a serious emergency seconds matter... accessing all info in an app, and being able to instantly call doctors, relatives, etc is powerful. Also, emergency responders are getting used to checking phones.. if this was more standardized and made accessible like emergency calling is, lives might be saved

Posted via CB10
    08-13-15 12:29 PM
    System Settings >Security and Privacy >Lock Screen. If you scroll to the bottom, you will see two lines to enter a lock screen message. Have used this function across multiple devices for ICE. Hope this is a viable solution for you.

Posted via CB10
    00stryder and acecard like this.
    09-19-15 10:38 AM
    Ask a first responder if they would go through your phone in such a case. I'd think it would be possible waste of time unless there was some universal app or method.

What if you forget to update your prescription information or didn't have a chance to?

I have half a dozen doctors in my phone. Only one is my GP.

Bracelet or paper in wallet is probably good option.

I can see Apple wanting to partner with health services to let the iWatch provide this info to the right partner and strapping every senior.... $$$

Posted via CB10
    00stryder likes this.
    09-19-15 11:00 AM
    I was also going to mention smartwear as the likely introductory device industry for ICE integration. I get what OP is suggesting and it's a good idea, but as others have said there are many more other options available too. In the trauma bay a person's phone is not one of the first places we look for health info. Typically a loved one/close friend (if available) is first, then wallet or medical identifier bracelet, then so on as options become limited.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-15 11:07 AM
    I too have ICE on my screen, and for this reason do not lock my phone. I'm not in business so have no data of much worth on the phone, a few albums of music, pictures of my dog etc. I'm retired so there's sod all in my bank to steal, not that my bank detais are on there (an inadvertent advantage of the app gap?) I do appreciate my situation is far from universal, however.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-15 11:16 AM
    A fingerprint scanner to unlock your phone is all fine and good as long as I can opt out of such a real potential security issue on my phone. I, for one, find zero reason to allow someone access to all the info in my phone while I'm incapacitated.
    I thought there were tags and bracelets for people with such issues. Far, far faster than checking a phone that may or may not have the necessary info that one may or may not even be able to access, I would think.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-27-15 08:21 PM