View Poll Results: Is the Hub missing from your device?
- 12. You may not vote on this poll
- CrackBerry Newbie
- 6 Posts
I received a Dev Alpha B from the November Port-A-Thon, and I'm a little confused by what I've seen on the internet versus what I'm seeing on mine; Most notably, the Blackberry Hub is "coming soon". (Also, no music/pictures/videos app). The OS version is 10.0.9.253 in the OS update section, and 10.0.9.1675 in the About section and the Desktop software. Is the Blackberry Hub only missing from a subset of devices (including mine), or is it missing from everybody's Dev Alphas?
Last edited by kulboy121; 12-17-2012 at 06:42 PM. Reason: Clarified the post a little bit
- 12-17-2012, 08:34 PM #2
I don't have any of the Dev Alpha devices, but from reading all of those dedicated forums. None of them have it working, yet. Probably get it January 30th.I wait for the future...to COME back to BlackBerry!
- 12-17-2012, 09:45 PM #4
Re: No hub?
The Hub is not active on developers' devices yet. When you see videos of the Hub in action, is on internal RIM devices.
Hopefully they will push another update to the Dev Alpha so we can start testing apps that will integrate with the Hub.RuneCryption - Unique memory game for PlayBook & BB10, now "Built for BlackBerry".
- 12-17-2012, 10:36 PM #5
Developers don't have the Hub, and are unlikely ever to get it on their Dev Alphas.
- 12-21-2012, 04:45 PM #8
Can we rename this threads to ''ask devs''
Oh you guys dont get the hub damn!! They really are dev devices nice work RIM.I dont really want to create a thread but you dev user's is there a way to just exit an app your in without making it into a frame then hitting x??.Every video somone just makes a frame have'nt seen them exit an app.Also did the PB appside 2 side switch make it over??
- 12-22-2012, 12:36 AM #9
RECOOL, to your two questions: no*, and no.
* Conditional no to the first one: if the developer of the app chooses to give you some sort of Exit/Close button, then you can use it of course. Most won't (and that's ultimately a good thing, since it's not something users will expect or notice in many cases, and every app would do it differently).
- 12-22-2012, 01:45 PM #10
There's a demo video where one of the RIM employees closes an app on the active frames hitting the x and then opens another one. It's very fast, but it is done.I wait for the future...to COME back to BlackBerry!
- 12-22-2012, 10:53 PM #12
- 12-23-2012, 12:30 PM #13
Well i guess PB remains unique with side2side app switch I guess its good to have difference in products its cool not having it non the Z.
- 12-23-2012, 11:58 PM #14
- 12-24-2012, 01:05 PM #15
- 12-24-2012, 02:50 PM #16
BB10 is slide up to minimize and hit x to close. again, 2 actions. not a shade of difference other than tossing an app up is removed, which makes sense as its a vertically based grid, not a horizontally based single line.
- By redsoxnation in forum Rehab & Off-Topic LoungeReplies: 147Last Post: 07-31-2008, 08:08 PM
- By rickb54 in forum IntroductionsReplies: 6Last Post: 05-23-2007, 08:21 PM
- By speedblue in forum IntroductionsReplies: 16Last Post: 05-14-2007, 11:12 AM
- By pwhitmire in forum IntroductionsReplies: 4Last Post: 05-05-2007, 11:44 AM
- By MMB916 in forum BBOS Phone AccessoriesReplies: 4Last Post: 03-22-2007, 11:04 PM