View Poll Results: Is the Hub missing from your device?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it is.

8 66.67%
  • No, it isn't.

4 33.33%
    Hi!

I received a Dev Alpha B from the November Port-A-Thon, and I'm a little confused by what I've seen on the internet versus what I'm seeing on mine; Most notably, the Blackberry Hub is "coming soon". (Also, no music/pictures/videos app). The OS version is 10.0.9.253 in the OS update section, and 10.0.9.1675 in the About section and the Desktop software. Is the Blackberry Hub only missing from a subset of devices (including mine), or is it missing from everybody's Dev Alphas?

Thank you,
    ~kulboy121
    Last edited by kulboy121; 12-17-12 at 05:42 PM. Reason: Clarified the post a little bit
    12-17-12 05:37 PM
    I don't have any of the Dev Alpha devices, but from reading all of those dedicated forums. None of them have it working, yet. Probably get it January 30th.
    12-17-12 07:34 PM
    If your seeing the Hub, it is probably an L-Series or a RIM employee with a non-dev beta OS.
    12-17-12 07:40 PM
    The Hub is not active on developers' devices yet. When you see videos of the Hub in action, is on internal RIM devices.

Hopefully they will push another update to the Dev Alpha so we can start testing apps that will integrate with the Hub.
    12-17-12 08:45 PM
    Developers don't have the Hub, and are unlikely ever to get it on their Dev Alphas.
    12-17-12 09:36 PM
    Okay, that answers my question. Thank you!
    12-18-12 05:08 PM
    Really was hoping to get the Hub in my hands on the Dev Alpha, but looks like it'll have to wait until launch. Oh well.
    peter9477 likes this.
    12-18-12 05:20 PM
    Can we rename this threads to ''ask devs''

Oh you guys dont get the hub damn!! They really are dev devices nice work RIM.I dont really want to create a thread but you dev user's is there a way to just exit an app your in without making it into a frame then hitting x??.Every video somone just makes a frame have'nt seen them exit an app.Also did the PB appside 2 side switch make it over??
    12-21-12 03:45 PM
    RECOOL, to your two questions: no*, and no.

* Conditional no to the first one: if the developer of the app chooses to give you some sort of Exit/Close button, then you can use it of course. Most won't (and that's ultimately a good thing, since it's not something users will expect or notice in many cases, and every app would do it differently).
    RECOOL likes this.
    12-21-12 11:36 PM
    There's a demo video where one of the RIM employees closes an app on the active frames hitting the x and then opens another one. It's very fast, but it is done.
    12-22-12 12:45 PM
    currently dev set HUB still on Coming Soon status..lets pray new update release before xmas!
    12-22-12 09:14 PM
    currently dev set HUB still on Coming Soon status..lets pray new update release before xmas!
    i think your expectations may be a tad too high there lol
    12-22-12 09:53 PM
    RECOOL, to your two questions: no*, and no.

* Conditional no to the first one: if the developer of the app chooses to give you some sort of Exit/Close button, then you can use it of course. Most won't (and that's ultimately a good thing, since it's not something users will expect or notice in many cases, and every app would do it differently).
    Hmm I dont know IF I like that.If I open brick or whatever default game and play for 2 rounds/deaths would be nice to just quit instead of frame then x.I love frames But i dont want to be forced to frame for 1 app there must be an x on final build we aint seen it.

Well i guess PB remains unique with side2side app switch I guess its good to have difference in products its cool not having it non the Z.
    12-23-12 11:30 AM
    Hmm I dont know IF I like that.If I open brick or whatever default game and play for 2 rounds/deaths would be nice to just quit instead of frame then x.I love frames But i dont want to be forced to frame for 1 app there must be an x on final build we aint seen it.
    You should have a look at the PlayBook. for all the flaws the media could throw at it, that was NEVER mentioned.
    12-23-12 10:58 PM
    You should have a look at the PlayBook. for all the flaws the media could throw at it, that was NEVER mentioned.
    PB you could toss apps away anytime so its alright.If the bottom of screen and up =frames maybe middlescreen and up should off been used to toss the app away oh well whatevers done is done we'll deal with it.I'll open my PB finally tommorow had it for like a month new in box finnally will play with it properly 2 moro.
    12-24-12 12:05 PM
    PB you could toss apps away anytime so its alright.If the bottom of screen and up =frames maybe middlescreen and up should off been used to toss the app away oh well whatevers done is done we'll deal with it.I'll open my PB finally tommorow had it for like a month new in box finnally will play with it properly 2 moro.
    yes you can toss the app card away in PB, but you have to `minimize` it first, so thats slide up to minimize, toss away of hit x to close. 2 actions.
    BB10 is slide up to minimize and hit x to close. again, 2 actions. not a shade of difference other than tossing an app up is removed, which makes sense as its a vertically based grid, not a horizontally based single line.
    12-24-12 01:50 PM