Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Artwerks
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default no apps on z10 Zen alpha....

I got the phone about 2 days ago.....was really excited until I found out that it was missing the basic apps such as music player and video player.... hell I don't even have a file manager of any kind or a media gallery or a photo viewer.... I'm running the blackberry 10 zen alpha 10.0.10.263.... any help wuf be appreciated
    CrackBerry Master

PIN

I would try reloading the os as those should be preloaded on the phone.

Posted via CB10
    "Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there!" -Will Rogers
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    ask nicely

Zen alpha?

Dev Alpha you mean?

Dev Alpha B?
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    8,313 Global Posts

I'd you have a dev device well than don't expect a full OS on it

Posted via CB10
    Device: Yellow Nokia Lumia 1020 (WP8.1)
    Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1​
    Twitter: @nasbboyconz
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Quote Originally Posted by lindstrom View Post
    Zen alpha?

Dev Alpha you mean?

Dev Alpha B?
    Yep.... Dev alpha....was thinking bout something else whole typing that
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Simundson View Post
    I'd you have a dev device well than don't expect a full OS on it

Posted via CB10
    I didn't really understand the difference between the devs and the other ones......I mean it does have the RAM capacity to support the full OS. Is there a possibility of a full OS for it in the future.... and what will I miss out on if I am unable to get a Full OS???
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Wait a min.... it says z10 on my box.
    But it says dev alpha when I turn it on......plus as far as I understand...the dev alphas were kinda like testing pieces...so how is it available as the only z10 available in my country.
    thoroughly confused and waiting to see if some one can convince me that I haven't purchased an expensive paperweight
    CrackBerry Abuser

Upload a picture of it

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    23A09773

If you have 1gb of ram instead of 2gb, it's a dev alpha. This means you get the sdk OS (to test apps, it includes everything to run your apps, but misses some Z10 features). Also, your dev alpha will be deactivated by the end of June if I'm not mistaken.

If you bought a dev alpha, this means you got ripped off as these devices belong to BlackBerry and will become paperweight sooner rather than later. If you have a Z10 box, check if the phone pin matches, someone might have made the switch and taken the actual device.

Source : I've exchanged my dev alpha for an actual device last month.

Posted via CB10
    netnomad likes this.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

Quote Originally Posted by Artwerks View Post
    If you have 1gb of ram instead of 2gb, it's a dev alpha. This means you get the sdk OS (to test apps, it includes everything to run your apps, but misses some Z10 features). Also, your dev alpha will be deactivated by the end of June if I'm not mistaken.

If you bought a dev alpha, this means you got ripped off as these devices belong to BlackBerry and will become paperweight sooner rather than later. If you have a Z10 box, check if the phone pin matches, someone might have made the switch and taken the actual device.

Source : I've exchanged my dev alpha for an actual device last month.

Posted via CB10
    The pin matches the box.... it was be easier if I cud discuss this on BBM.. 24c4668f.. and yes it has a 2 gb ram....
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    2A2400C6

Quote Originally Posted by Harris Hussain View Post
    The pin matches the box.... it was be easier if I cud discuss this on BBM.. 24c4668f.. and yes it has a 2 gb ram....
    upload picture of it

Posted via CB10
    Visit my blog www.hektor.in
    My Github www.github.com/hektorcyc
    Web and mobile developer.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    559 Global Posts
    PIN
    5011QNX6

Dude, seriously ? 2GB of ram ? Pics/screenshots please
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by Harris Hussain View Post
    I got the phone about 2 days ago.....was really excited until I found out that it was missing the basic apps such as music player and video player.... hell I don't even have a file manager of any kind or a media gallery or a photo viewer.... I'm running the blackberry 10 zen alpha 10.0.10.263.... any help wuf be appreciated
    It sounds like you have got something you do not deserve. If you can't tell the differences between Z10 and dev alpha devices then you don't know what to do with that either. Have you got a stolen phone?

If you really want to know what phone you have, you should upload few photos instead of typing drunk.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #14  

Quote Originally Posted by morison20 View Post
    It sounds like you have got something you do not deserve. If you can't tell the differences between Z10 and dev alpha devices then you don't know what to do with that either. Have you got a stolen phone?

If you really want to know what phone you have, you should upload few photos instead of typing drunk.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails no apps on z10 Zen alpha....-img00211-20130418-1845.jpg   no apps on z10 Zen alpha....-img_00000021.jpg   no apps on z10 Zen alpha....-img_00000022.jpg   no apps on z10 Zen alpha....-img_00000023.jpg  
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    559 Global Posts
    PIN
    5011QNX6

Dude, you got retail Z10 but with wrong software. You should not run .263 on Z10. Show us some picture from the sim card slow so that we can recommend you a correct fw version for your device.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #16  

Quote Originally Posted by borceg View Post
    Dude, you got retail Z10 but with wrong software. You should not run .263 on Z10. Show us some picture from the sim card slow so that we can recommend you a correct fw version for your device.
    The update screen tells me to upgrade to the. 84 ...m gonna do it as soon as I get to a wife connection
    CrackBerry User

As @borceg said, you have got the right device but wrong OS. That OS is for dev alpha phones which is not complete. If you haven't tried to update OS so far, and if you are not in US, Canada or UK, I will recommend you to try to update the OS using wifi and without inserting the sim card. If it cannot find the update, then insert the sim card and try updating again.

Since BB10 updates usually come through mobile operators, if you are not in US/Canada/UK, and if you don't have the latest update, you can try "Update using BlackBerry Link" method from How to get the latest BlackBerry 10 software on your Z10 even if your carrier hasn't pushed out the update | CrackBerry.com

Good luck!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #18  

Done...m software upgrade did it
    Mm thanks all