Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By H4zN
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default New standby screen wallpaper effect on BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha OS v10.0.9.1103!

Hey guys,

I was messing around with my Dev Alpha B after installing the new update this morning. Check out this new tweak!

Notice the state of the wallpaper when I'm not peeking.

New standby screen wallpaper effect on BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha OS v10.0.9.1103!-img_00000029.jpg

Now see what happens when I peek around on different locations of the screen.

New standby screen wallpaper effect on BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha OS v10.0.9.1103!-img_00000030.jpg

New standby screen wallpaper effect on BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha OS v10.0.9.1103!-img_00000032.jpg

New standby screen wallpaper effect on BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha OS v10.0.9.1103!-img_00000031.jpg

Seriously, stuff like this makes me fall in love with BlackBerry 10 more and more!!!
    CrackBerry User

That's been there since the last update in September actually
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Quote Originally Posted by kuffkuff View Post
    That's been there since the last update in September actually
    Ouch, that hurts! I've had my Dev Alpha a while now and I never noticed. Maybe because I never changed the wallpaper.
    CrackBerry Newbie

man how did u manage to get BBM work?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Default Re: New standby screen wallpaper effect on BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha OS v10.0.9.1103!

Quote Originally Posted by meemz28 View Post
    man how did u manage to get BBM work?
    I started BBM after the update completed and it loaded up my contacts. I've tested sending and receiving messages and it works.
    Phone BlackBerry Z10 Ferrari Red Limited Edition & BlackBerry Q10 White & BlackBerry Z30 Black #00284
    CrackBerry Newbie

it says that my PIN is blocked after updating !!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Default Re: New standby screen wallpaper effect on BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha OS v10.0.9.1103!

Quote Originally Posted by meemz28 View Post
    it says that my PIN is blocked after updating !!
    Have you tried using another BlackBerty ID? Maybe create a new one and try again. Or use the autoloader for a fresh install. Or both.
    Phone BlackBerry Z10 Ferrari Red Limited Edition & BlackBerry Q10 White & BlackBerry Z30 Black #00284
    Developer - ToySoft

that is old news. The peek is cool if you want to check the time, coming up appts, notifications etc...
    Website www.toysoft.ca or join BBM Channel bbm:///C00445C5A
    Follow us @ http://twitter.com/toysoft or BlackBerry World
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

Quote Originally Posted by Smiley88 View Post
    that is old news. The peek is cool if you want to check the time, coming up appts, notifications etc...
    Obviously, but I was referring to the effect of the peek gesture on the wallpaper. I didn't know. My bad.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,537 Global Posts

That's the first time I've seen that effect done to the wallpaper. It's like it gives it a glowing effect or something? Thanks for posting, pretty cool little touches.

Don't be afraid to THANK or LIKE

BBM: 7A03E5E9

What is the ultimate BlackBerry? The ultimate BlackBerry would be a device with the screen size of the Z10 along with the physical keyboard of the Q10 and the battery life of the Z30. This, would be the ultimate BlackBerry. Why they haven't built it yet remains one of the greatest mystery of BlackBerry.

CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  

Quote Originally Posted by Plazmic Flame View Post
    That's the first time I've seen that effect done to the wallpaper. It's like it gives it a glowing effect or something? Thanks for posting, pretty cool little touches.
    It's indeed a kind of glowing effect. It's hard to describe, but it's like if you'd look at a door with bullet holes from the inside when it's dark and a car would shed it lights on the door while turning on the outside, you'd have the same effect. Now it gets even more complicated with animated wallpapers, but it's kind of the same effect on places where it's lighter than the rest. Hope you can soon see it for yourself!