- CrackBerry Addict
12-11-2012, 11:14 AM #4
- 836 Posts
Hope the HUB works!Phone BlackBerry Z10 Ferrari Red Limited Edition (speading BB10 love at bro's place) & BlackBerry Q10 White (standby for clubbin') & BlackBerry Z30 Black (in hibernation mode) & Blackberry Q5 Black (spreading BB10 awesomeness @ best friend) & BlackBerry Passport Black (daily driver)
Follow me on Twitter @H4zN_ for more BlackBerry love!
It is downloading VERY slowly over WiFi. about to hook the A up to DM to see if it gets it via debrick. The B is 60% done. This thing is on a B/G/N network with a 100mbps back end and its very very slow lol
- CrackBerry User
12-11-2012, 11:48 AM #7mappau Dev Team
- 47 Posts
blackberry @ mappau . com
- 12-11-2012, 12:00 PM #10
12-11-2012, 12:02 PM #11
- 5,056 Posts
Just got the update on my Dev Alpha A....Wallpaper Changer HD for BB10 A MUST HAVE APP - Automatically rotates your wallpaper - Now with battery % meter, weather and more!
Evolution Web Browser with Ad Block - The ultra fast web browser with gestures and full screen browsing
Ultimate ScreenSaver - Includes weather, rss news, clock and more! Many scenes including Aquarium and Fireplace or use your own pictures
- CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses
12-11-2012, 12:05 PM #12
- 5,369 Posts
- 12-11-2012, 01:55 PM #16
Re: New Dev Update
After a fresh reload, the Dev Alpha seems a lot more responsive. It would have been nice to have the Hub activated, or BBM Voice included, but I'm happy with the small changes. It'll be interesting to see what needs to be rebuilt for the final API set.RuneCryption - Unique memory game for PlayBook & BB10, now "Built for BlackBerry".
- 12-11-2012, 02:16 PM #17
If you're not seeing the OTA update yet, you can choose to get the AutoLoader and apply it via USB. Just go to developer.blackberry.com, find the Dev Alpha support link at the bottom and get the update from there.
Note that the "253" thing in the OTA is a red herring... it is 10.0.9.1675.
This interestingly enough broke the browser in some ways. The IE10 test drive page is useless for instance. You cannot scroll down. Also BBM doesnt appear to want to launch. It sits there spinning on "Opening BBM"
- CrackBerry User
12-11-2012, 07:31 PM #21
- 73 Posts
Changes i've noticed:
- Faster overall, home screen transitions are now at 24fps rather than ~15fps in previous builds
- all native RIM developed apps are running faster, BBM, App World, camera app too
- camera start up time is like 3sec from press to camera ready
- a camera feature i never noticed before, so dont know if was always there, in camera mode, the last image preview can be stretched open by dragging the corner up and out, when u let go it just snas back to thumbnail - cool feature
- new default bb10 wallpaper gallery, they compliment the screen/tile layout
- App world in active-tile mode displays featured apps
- default app launch background now says "blackberry 10" before was just blackberry, looks nice now
- browser performance is MUCH faster, html5 score is now 485 up from 478 (thanks ignites)
- some webworks apps are broken, probably because they were compiled with an early beta of the framework
- subtle icon change for the hub pane/screen
- folders no longer have a "back" button to exit the app folder, but swiping up to close it works as before and is now the only way to close the folder
- calendar icon in app tray now shows todays date - previously was fixed to "31"
- Native application headers are a slightly diff gradiented (sp?) background
- BBM have more colour in the graphics, more use of blue
- BBM added "invites" as a menu item on the left - dont remember ever seeing that before
- App world graphical icons have been restored from the previous "gear-type" icon for all menu items.
will post any others i see
Last edited by kuffkuff; 12-11-2012 at 10:15 PM.
- CrackBerry Newbie
12-12-2012, 09:36 AM #24
- 7 Posts
They broke the APN again. The first firmware allowed you to enter an APN, and pretty much every other update has allowed me to use mobile data because of that entered apn. The current build tries the strategy of being smart and guessing your apn. This of course doesn't work if you are using a data stick sim card that uses a different apn than the phone sim cards. *sigh*
- By nyte3k in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 1Last Post: 01-21-2009, 12:40 PM
- By Lonny in forum Legacy Leaked/Beta OSReplies: 3Last Post: 08-05-2008, 08:27 PM
- By ecsu_scorpio12 in forum BlackBerry Pearl 81xxReplies: 7Last Post: 07-23-2008, 02:41 AM
- By leemoreau in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: 03-11-2008, 09:32 AM
- By CodyBB in forum News & RumorsReplies: 0Last Post: 01-31-2008, 10:02 AM