how can i start my device programe
    05-22-15 12:54 AM
    At the risk of hijacking this thread, I think I know what you're asking as I was just talking to another developer about this:

Currently, any new developer that wants to develop for BB10 has to purchase their own devices for testing, app verification, etc. (Yes there is a BB10 device emulator, but that only goes so far as the emulator doesn't have all device functionality.) This increases the cost of entry into BB10 development, and would flat out discourage some people from either porting their apps to BB10 or targeting BB10 for their apps at all.

The bigger companies/devs likely wouldn't have a problem with this increased cost of entry, yet by the same token most of the bigger names completely ignore BB10. The smaller companies/devs are the ones interested in BB10, yet they are also the ones that are most likely affected by this increased cost of entry.

I suggested, and someone in the CB community would have to take the reigns on this (Bla1ze? Crackberry.com themselves?), but what if we as the CB community donate our old BB10 phones to verified devs for BB10 app development. People in the CB community that have just updated to a Passport, Classic, or Leap can donate their Z10, Q10, or Z30 to a dev. Yes the Z10, Q10 are previous gen devices, but they can still run the latest BB10 OS, so they would still be tremendously useful for a dev.

I think we in the CB community could be tremendously helpful in putting devices in developers hands to further BB10 app development.
    Last edited by aodash; 05-24-15 at 03:13 PM.
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    05-24-15 03:02 PM
    If you mean how do I use a DEV ALPHA or Dev Alpha B with that message that says the developer period HAS ENDED.

IT'S EASY!
    1) Turn on the device.
    2) see the message
    3) Press and hold the power button and volume for 20 seconds * I DO MEAN COUNT TO 20 SLOWLY WHILE HOLDING BOTH BUTTONS
    4) The device will seem seem to turn off. the LED will blink and a couple of seconds later the device will boot up as normal and you'll be able to use it.

You can upgrade your Dev Alpha A to 10.1.0.1485 here:http://developer.blackberry.com/nati...0.1.0.1485.exe

Or you have a Dev Alpha B you can go all the way up to: 10.3.1.634
    http://developer.blackberry.com/nati...10.3.1.634.exe

To get started programming in HTML5 (I don't mean websites, I DO mean apps)
    Go here: What's a BlackBerry WebWorks app? - HTML5/WebWorks for BB10 - BlackBerry Developer

If you want to go native (with C++) go here: BlackBerry Native

My BlackBerry 10 dev Alpha device program has ended, how can I start my device program?-bb10_dev_alpha_error.jpg
    diegonei and EchoesFX like this.
    05-27-15 09:54 AM