I emailed Developer Relations again this morning, apologetically asking for an update on these devices. I'll share the reply when it comes.
    I got the following reply this afternoon in response to an email I sent them last Friday.

===========================
    Due to commercial availability with Verizon we will be starting to ship these mid-April.

Thanks,

Melanie
    =========================
    04-15-13 05:50 PM
    Someone should really let her know that today is mid-April....
    fantass likes this.
    04-15-13 06:04 PM
    I got the same response and also told the order has been placed when I had asked about switching to the LE. I suspect it's Verizon that's the holdup. I gave in a bought an ATT Z10 so I have something to work with while we wait. Sucks that it had to be this way.
    04-15-13 06:22 PM
    Yea I tried to switch also and was also told the order was already placed. Guess they are in no hurry to get these out to us.
    04-17-13 04:38 PM
    Still nothing So much for mid April!
    04-19-13 12:12 PM
    UGH!!! I am really not liking Verizon right now. I am not sure where the blame lies, but I think it's funny I'm waiting for a device that is commercially available, will not have the cool RED case which signifies us as a BB10 DEV AND the OS isn't going to be updated. The urge to hit up T-Mobile is very strong right about now. Talk about an exercise in patience.
    04-19-13 03:32 PM
    Still no response to my email to dev relations, although I have heard on the grape vine that Verizon is the hold up here. BlackBerry is apparently waiting on shipping of devices from Verizon which they don't intend to provide until their initial orders and stock requirements are taken care of. Source of this information was a developer friend who I consider reliable with a 'contact'.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 11:16 AM
    Still no response to my email to dev relations, although I have heard on the grape vine that Verizon is the hold up here. BlackBerry is apparently waiting on shipping of devices from Verizon which they don't intend to provide until their initial orders and stock requirements are taken care of. Source of this information was a developer friend who I consider reliable with a 'contact'.

Posted via CB10
    That kind of makes sense. If Verizon has had a very good response to Z10 sales, they may have run out of enough stock to send to Brand Alliance.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 09:40 PM
    Verizon really annoyed me yesterday, which is unusual for me as I'm normally very calm and understanding. With the delay on our free devices and the fact that my two year upgrade will be available on May 8th next month I called Verizon and explained that I'm a developer in need of a device and asked if I could please have two weeks leeway and be able to upgrade my device early. I've been with Verizon for 7 years, have 4 lines and spend almost $250 a month with them and was told a concrete "no". I have to admit that this really ruffled my feathers, especially when they tried to get me to add a 5th line just to get the upgraded phone.

I can understand Verizon not wanting to give early upgrades to every Tom, **** and Harry that asks, but surely good customer service dictates a small favor being in order now and then for a loyal, long time customer?

Posted from my Dev Alpha C via CB10
    04-23-13 06:25 AM
    Finally got a reply from poor overworked Melanie, very canned which to me says they are being given the runaround and have no solid information at this time:

Subject: RE: Dev Alpha trade up for Developers on Verizon Wireless

Hello,

We're working to get your device to you as quickly as possible. Shipping notices will be sent out as soon as the devices are shipping.

Thanks,
    Melanie

Have to feel sorry for Melanie, she must be getting so many of these types of emails.

Russ.

04-23-13 03:58 PM

Have to feel sorry for Melanie, she must be getting so many of these types of emails.
    Agreed, from what I've gathered she's the only one responding to these and other emails from devs for a variety of other things, not just the trade in program. Hopefully big V gets the devices out soon.
    04-23-13 04:56 PM
    Take this or leave it, but my developer friends 'contact' has reported that the Verizon Z10's have arrived at BlackBerry and plan to be shipped out in the next week.

Here's hoping!

Please sound off here if anyone gets shipping info or other information.

Russ.

04-24-13 05:21 PM
    Thank You Jesus!
    04-24-13 08:00 PM
    Well this is what I received in my inbox this morning.

===============
    Shipments on the Verizon devices will start early May. If you would like to wait
    until the devices are ready to be shipped to send in your dev alpha that's fine. As
    your LE will not be shipped until your dev alpha is confirmed received.

Thanks,
    Melanie
    ==============

This was in response to a second follow up email I sent concerning keeping my DEV A until the LE Devices started shipping. So we maybe getting close to the promised land. I have a few trips coming up in May and June, and was hoping to have the retail device by then. We shall see whether that works out.

Please update the thread if you receive a shipping notification.

Good Luck

Brandon
    04-26-13 02:07 PM
    It looks like we are finally on the home stretch then, I wonder why the delay in shipping them out? Perhaps they are fitting them all with red cases!!

Posted from my Dev Alpha C using CB10
    04-26-13 04:58 PM
    I highly doubt we'll get anything extra, BUT who knows.
    04-29-13 10:42 AM
    Shoot, at this point. I just want the phone. I'm not going to BB Jam this year and will not be getting a lovely door prize.
    04-29-13 12:59 PM
    I was joking about the red covers, but I'm sure you that LoL!

I will miss BB Jam this year too, I also missed it both times last year due to back surgery. This year I've had to have yet another surgery on my back and will be missing Jam again, oh well, at least I have lots of time for coding instead.

04-29-13 09:08 PM
    Well, tomorrow is May 1st, here's hoping someone reports receipt of their Z10!

04-30-13 07:01 PM
    Anyone?? Bueller.....Buueellller!
    05-03-13 10:56 AM
    May 6th and still nothing here.
    05-06-13 03:43 PM
    I finally broke yesterday and visited the Verizon store and picked up a Z10 using my upgrade. I will give the other to my wife when it finally arrives.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-13 12:36 PM
    I finally broke yesterday and visited the Verizon store and picked up a Z10 using my upgrade. I will give the other to my wife when it finally arrives.
    NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
    Well, I guess I'm doing the same thing. As I am using my free BBJAM pass, to goto the conference after all. Using some points, AAA discounts and generally good timing to keep the price down to about the $500 and change for me to walk into VZW. At least this way I get to see some sessions as well.

And yes the Wife will be the luck recipient of the LE Upgrade device once it comes in.

That's a damn shame....but oh well.
    05-07-13 06:23 PM
    You guys lasted longer than I did. I bought an AT&T Z10 a few weeks back so I could keep developing.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-13 06:36 PM

Posted via CB10
    Ever think that just MAYBE Verizon is purposely delaying these devices so you'll go out and buy them Just kidding, but seriously think about how many members ended up purchasing one as well, concidence... Perhaps
    05-07-13 10:03 PM
76 1234