Looking for information and help. I spent a good part of my evening and night trying to get my wife's new phone up and running.

My wife is a Qwerty keyboard gal and hates touch screen typing and boy she is bad at the touch screen. She has been running the Q10 for the last couple of years and loves it. Unfortunately, we switched providers and had to switch phones as it was not compatible on the new network (and no it was not an unlock phone issue). Her phone was a model SQN100-1 and we needed a SQN100-5 for a specific band frequency. So I found her the right model.

I set out to bring all her data and apps from the old Q10 to the new Q10. I tried two different methods. I tried to restore the data from a backup and the second method I tried to use the Switch Devices tool in Blackberry Link. None of her SMS and BBM chat history came across to the new device. None of her Remember data came across. And also none of the previously installed apps came across.

About a year ago I switched from a Z10 to Z30 and I swear whatever method I did brought back all my history and apps. For example, Candy Crush (now I don't remember if I loaded the app or not), when I opened up the app, I was at the last level I left off from the old device.

Am I imagining this or am I now doing something wrong in the process? Now the old Q10 is still intact and I have not wiped it clean. Did I miss something in the process? Do I need to download the app first on the new device and then on transfer data.....

I'm sure similar topic exist in this forum, but I could not find so sorry for the redundancy of these questions.
    11-10-15 10:10 AM
    Thanks for all the views. Unfortunately or should I say fortunately no one replied. Figured it out.... it was a bad phone. Every time you restarted the phone it would wipe everything out and basically ask you to reset everything (BBM, text, email.....).

Bought the phone from Crackberry and I have to tell you they are top notch in customer service. They have taken care of everything for me to return the phone.... ... Cheers and thanks!
    11-14-15 01:56 AM