Altrax to answer your question I do have a dev alpha and I do qualify for Limited Edition Blackberry 10 device. But I highly doubt they will seed out the limited edition BB10 because some of us already have sent dev alpha off via UPS. Also with the new dev alpha update hitting on the 30th Jan. Anyway I can't wait!
    01-28-13 03:18 PM
    floydsaj I completely agree that it is unlikely to happen, but now I am not sure...
    You bring up the point that some Dev's have already returned their devices, which is a very good point (and the reason I previously thought there was no way RIM would seed devices at the Dev events) but why does it matter if you have returned your device. RIM would have record of who's Dev Alpha's have been sent back and the new devices are not supposed to be recieved for 6-8 weeks after January 30th (https://developer.blackberry.com/dev...n_process.html) so there is no way that on January 30th they have already shipped some. So my thought was that any Device they hand out at a Dev event on the 30th (OR the BB10 Jam in Europe) they simply cross off the list of to be shipped out?

Wishful thinking probably... but it is at least possible
    floydsaj and bbquincar like this.
    01-28-13 03:36 PM
    Hopefully that's the case Altrax, seems plausible. I was thinking exactly the same as they know who has and who has not sent off their dev alpha. Plus why would they have a separate developer event then the actual press event. I'm pretty sure they have something in store for us. Either limited edition BB10 or some rewards I'm just hoping it's the LE BB10 device. Anyway I'm happy for just inviting me
    altrax likes this.
    01-28-13 03:49 PM
    I also think the fact that they are releasing a functional version of BB10 for the Dev Alpha is so that those Dev's that don't get to go to the events wont scream bloody murder (as they will be to busing using BB10)
    floydsaj and bbquincar like this.
    01-28-13 04:05 PM
    yeah im all sorted
    nipsta203 did you get it all sorted?
    floydsaj likes this.
    01-28-13 04:49 PM
    I am expecting Alec Saunders to do a simulcast for all the Dev Events kinda like how Thor will be doing one for the launch events.

At first I thought it was a huge stretch that they would exchange Dev Alpha's for LE devices at the events but now that I am thinking about it... clearly if they are going to the expense to throw these events around the world it has to be for something more than "thank you enjoy a meal on us." As was previously mentioned the Dev Alpha C is by point system so the only thing I can think of is LE devices.

Question: of those of you invited to go to these dev events do all of you a) have a dev alpha b) qualify for a LE device?
    I know not every Developer that attended the Vancouver Jam has been invited to the Vancouver event for example.

Don't get me wrong I was surprised to even be invited to an event on launch day and if it is only a thank you that is still going above and beyond in my books as I am going to make money off my apps they certainly don't need to thank me for it.
    I was given a DevAlpha at the London event. Have not sent it back yet and am quite intrigued as to why they are inviting us to Slough tomorrow. Am seriously hoping that they are going to give out some BB10 devices to us Devs. Maybe to build on the launch momentum and all the excitement that is going on. ie: us spreading the word afterwards on how generous RIM is. It would be amazing! Then again, not holding my breath. There must be some sort of goodie bag in return for us travelling all the way to Slough. Afterall it is a weekday and its early afternoon.
    01-28-13 06:17 PM
    Darn, I wish I got invited to an event!
    01-28-13 08:47 PM
    Did anyone revieve the confirmation email for the London Event??
    01-29-13 07:01 AM
    Nope but if you follow the link and try to sign up there is only an option to cancel no attend. That is the only way I know it's been confirmed.
    01-29-13 07:43 AM
    Nope but if you follow the link and try to sign up there is only an option to cancel no attend. That is the only way I know it's been confirmed.
    I contacted them at 12.30pm and they said they have sent the invites.
    Also it starts at 1.30pm.

But I have not recieved it to.
    01-29-13 07:52 AM
    Didn't you get an email inviting you to the event or did you just get the URL and signed up. Initially I got an invite via email with that link. But I haven't received anything after signing up? I'll email them now to see what's up.
    01-29-13 08:08 AM
    Didn't you get an email inviting you to the event or did you just get the URL and signed up. Initially I got an invite via email with that link. But I haven't received anything after signing up? I'll email them now to see what's up.
    I got the email but i havent recieved anything after signing up too

Let me know what they say
    01-29-13 08:10 AM
    Yeah sure I'll keep you updated. I just emailed them saying I've registered but have had no confirmation email and was there any confirmation emails going out. Are you going to the one in Slough Ben?
    01-29-13 08:15 AM
    Yeah sure I'll keep you updated. I just emailed them saying I've registered but have had no confirmation email and was there any confirmation emails going out. Are you going to the one in Slough Ben?
    thanks,

And yes I am going to the slough event too
    01-29-13 08:22 AM
    I just recieved the confirmation now, see you at the event
    01-29-13 08:24 AM
    I got a confirmation email with address as well as a message saying there is on site car park but they are serving alcohol. Lol imagine going drunk home after blackberry 10 launch. I wouldn't know as I don't drink.
    01-29-13 08:38 AM
    Here are the details for the event in Vancouver:

The event includes:
    • Rebroadcast of the global BlackBerry 10 launch from New York City
    • A personal tour of the new Blackberry Tech Centre at Wavefront from Bob Taniguchi, RIM Senior Director of Global Developer Evangelism
    • Hands-on access to new BlackBerry 10 devices and apps available to demo
    • The chance to win a BlackBerry 10 device
    • Tom Anderson, Manager, Developer Evangelists Team at RIM, available to answer your questions and guide you through the BlackBerry10 experience
    • Alec Saunders, head of Developer Relations at RIM, to join the event via satellite
    • Appetizers and drinks
    greatwiseone and cbolton97 like this.
    01-29-13 12:59 PM
    I got a confirmation email with address as well as a message saying there is on site car park but they are serving alcohol. Lol imagine going drunk home after blackberry 10 launch. I wouldn't know as I don't drink.
    haha, how are you getting to the event?

i don't know if to walk from the station
    01-29-13 02:01 PM
    Yeh I'm gonna walk from the station using google maps it's only a 20 minute walk.
    01-29-13 03:28 PM
    I am expecting Alec Saunders to do a simulcast for all the Dev Events kinda like how Thor will be doing one for the launch events.

At first I thought it was a huge stretch that they would exchange Dev Alpha's for LE devices at the events but now that I am thinking about it... clearly if they are going to the expense to throw these events around the world it has to be for something more than "thank you enjoy a meal on us." As was previously mentioned the Dev Alpha C is by point system so the only thing I can think of is LE devices.

Question: of those of you invited to go to these dev events do all of you a) have a dev alpha b) qualify for a LE device?
    I know not every Developer that attended the Vancouver Jam has been invited to the Vancouver event for example.

Don't get me wrong I was surprised to even be invited to an event on launch day and if it is only a thank you that is still going above and beyond in my books as I am going to make money off my apps they certainly don't need to thank me for it.
    I have a Dev Alpha but I haven't qualified (yet) for an LE--waiting for approval for my one qualifying app.

I'd be EXTREMELY surprised if they were exchanging for LEs at the Dev Appreciation event, though they did say there would be a chance to win a BB10 phone.
    01-29-13 04:01 PM
    Yeh I'm gonna walk from the station using google maps it's only a 20 minute walk.
    Whats the nearest station ?

And inbox me your pin we might as well meet up.
    01-29-13 04:06 PM
    It's the one in slough the postcode is SL1 1XW. I'm going to get there about 12:40pm. You catching the train? I don't have a Blackberry at the moment Ben. Put just PM me.
    01-29-13 05:24 PM
    Got my invite but will not be able to attend have college which I can't miss (already missing 3 days to hit up the BB Jam in Amsterdam) and have no way of getting to Slough. I will be watching the event live via webcast, so I guess that's something! If they hand out the LE Z10's I might just cry, the thought of waiting 8 weeks for mine is killing me!
    01-29-13 05:55 PM
    It's the one in slough the postcode is SL1 1XW. I'm going to get there about 12:40pm. You catching the train? I don't have a Blackberry at the moment Ben. Put just PM me.
    Im going to be there around that time, did you manage to locate the exact building of the tech center? and i will pm you around 12.30 tomorrow
    01-29-13 06:07 PM
    See you there then Ben!
    01-29-13 06:09 PM
53 123