Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes
    CrackBerry User

Dev Alpha Trade-in email-untitled.jpg

I got my email!!!!

Congratulations! Your BlackBerry® 10 application has qualified you to participate in the Limited Edition trade up program.

In order to complete the trade for your new Limited Edition BlackBerry 10 device*, click here.

Cheers,
    BlackBerry Developer Relations Team
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts

Just ordered mine too !

My DevAlpha is all packed and ready to go ....
    CrackBerry Abuser

Congrats to you all! This is exciting.
    CrackBerry Abuser

WooHoo Just Ordered Mine. Need To Pack Up Dev Alpha To Go. Feeling Like Dancing Dev Alpha Trade-in email-331.jpgDev Alpha Trade-in email-332.jpg
    CrackBerry Abuser

I Just Want To See A Picture Of The Limited Edition Z10
    r0v3rT3N likes this.
    CrackBerry User

Just received it today!!! BlackBerry® 10
    Limited Edition! OH YEAH!!!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,054 Global Posts
    PIN
    2BAFC92E

Was so excited for mine, I actually did the order form through my 9900 while still on Campus at the university LOL

Apparently Customer Service is supposed to contact us, how exactly do we send it back though, does the shipping package have to be labelled? The entire box sent back? Etc. So many questions
    BlackBerry 10- The most disruptive innovation in mobile technology since the BlackBerry Smartphone
    floydsaj likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Quote Originally Posted by goku_vegeta View Post
    Was so excited for mine, I actually did the order form through my 9900 while still on Campus at the university LOL

Apparently Customer Service is supposed to contact us, how exactly do we send it back though, does the shipping package have to be labelled? The entire box sent back? Etc. So many questions
    surely thats what customer service will tell us when they call lol

Thorsten said ZED 10. deal with it
    My Apps in BlackBerry World
    My Platinum 9900

For all my themes - BBThemes.co.uk and follow me on @BBThemes1
    goku_vegeta and r0v3rT3N like this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,054 Global Posts
    PIN
    2BAFC92E

Quote Originally Posted by BBThemes View Post
    surely thats what customer service will tell us when they call lol
    Or so we hope
    BlackBerry 10- The most disruptive innovation in mobile technology since the BlackBerry Smartphone
    CrackBerry Genius

Still waiting for my app to be approved.....hopefully RIM can work through the back-log on submissions quickly!
    goku_vegeta likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,054 Global Posts
    PIN
    2BAFC92E

Yeah its worth noting that not everyone who qualified will get their email today. Some apps are still going through BlackBerry app world approval but according to a post Alex Kinsella made, you can still sumbit an app for the trade up even if its pending approval
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    145 Global Posts

Just got the email saying I qualified for it! SO FREAKING EXCITED
    Check out my apps on App World!
    BlackBerry Z10
    Nexus 7/4
    Asus Zenbook Prime UX31a
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    817 Global Posts

Default Dev Alpha Trade-in email

Me too! Me too! Me too!!!! Super excited!!! Filled in the form. I am using UPS Drop-Off so I can play with my Dev Alpha for a few more days, otherwise not sure if a UPS pick-Up would come by tomorrow!

Blackberry 10 can't wait!

It is like Christmas all over again! Woooo hooooo !!! :-)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Crackberry Tapatalk Forum app
    CrackBerry Abuser

Why do you mean UPS Drop-off? Im in UK so im not sure what it means. Was there an address to send it to or is a different option available in other countries. Sorry if it sounds like a stupid question lol

Quote Originally Posted by edyb View Post
    Me too! Me too! Me too!!!! Super excited!!! Filled in the form. I am using UPS Drop-Off so I can play with my Dev Alpha for a few more days, otherwise not sure if a UPS pick-Up would come by tomorrow!

Blackberry 10 can't wait!

It is like Christmas all over again! Woooo hooooo !!! :-)

CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    145 Global Posts

Do you know when we have to drop it off?
    Check out my apps on App World!
    BlackBerry Z10
    Nexus 7/4
    Asus Zenbook Prime UX31a
    Mod Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    10,167 Global Posts
    PIN
    Changes way too often

Quote Originally Posted by greatwiseone View Post
    Still waiting for my app to be approved.....hopefully RIM can work through the back-log on submissions quickly!
    you and me both!
    ~S_A
    All views and opinions here are my own, and do not represent any views, opinions, or official communications either actual or implied of my employer.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,937 Global Posts

No email yet....
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    817 Global Posts

We have UPS shipping (they are liked Fedex or other major shipping courier company).

Option 1 was for "UPS Pick up" where they come to your house and pick up the Dev Alpha.

Option 2 was for "UPS Drop off" where you go to a UPS Store (they have these in Canada) and submit it to them.

RIM emailed me a "package label" which has pre-printed information to stick on your package. It is a PDF file and includes a tracking number and billing account (RIM) and address for return.

Similar to an RMA if you have ever had to return a defective part under warranty to a company and they send you a new one. The label takes care of everything, cost of postage, etc. You just wrap it up in a box and send it.

So at least I have a few days to wipe my Dev Alpha, package it and drop it off at UPS.

Question: Do we send back only the Alpha? What about the charger? I have my Dev Alpha box since I knew it was a "loaner" anyways so I can put it all nicely back together like new.

Thanked by 4:
    floydsaj (01-07-2013),  goku_vegeta (01-07-2013),  greatwiseone (01-08-2013),  jerryeight (01-07-2013) 
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,054 Global Posts
    PIN
    2BAFC92E

We have UPS shipping (they are liked Fedex or other major shipping courier company).

Option 1 was for "UPS Pick up" where they come to your house and pick up the Dev Alpha.

Option 2 was for "UPS Drop off" where you go to a UPS Store (they have these in Canada) and submit it to them.

RIM emailed me a "package label" which has pre-printed information to stick on your package. It is a PDF file and includes a tracking number and billing account (RIM) and address for return.

Similar to an RMA if you have ever had to return a defective part under warranty to a company and they send you a new one. The label takes care of everything, cost of postage, etc. You just wrap it up in a box and send it.

So at least I have a few days to wipe my Dev Alpha, package it and drop it off at UPS.

Question: Do we send back only the Alpha? What about the charger? I have my Dev Alpha box since I knew it was a "loaner" anyways so I can put it all nicely back together like new.

Two quick things Apparently I've been told the process is different for anyone in Canada/USA, for me I didn't see the option of "UPS Drop off" etc and I had selected Canada as my country when applying for the LE device before today, then on the application today I selected Canada again.

Second thing is did anyone get a notification email from Customer Service this time? Something about a problem in their system, to wait for another email, then resubmit all the information?
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts

Just got the email to resubmit all information ... waiting patiently ...
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    817 Global Posts

My initial email had subject "BB Jam Registration" which was the congratulations link to the form to enter final address info for trade-up (which gave options for UPS).

After I went to website and entered my address (the link automatically fills in your name on the RIM form), I got another 2 emails:

"BB Jam Shipping Label" with PDF containing info for the UPS package.

"BB Jam Order Confirmation" a short message verifying address and a confirmation number.

That is basically the process for me so far, and I am in Toronto Canada.

CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,054 Global Posts
    PIN
    2BAFC92E

My initial email had subject "BB Jam Registration" which was the congratulations link to the form to enter final address info for trade-up (which gave options for UPS).

After I went to website and entered my address (the link automatically fills in your name on the RIM form), I got another 2 emails:

"BB Jam Shipping Label" with PDF containing info for the UPS package.

"BB Jam Order Confirmation" a short message verifying address and a confirmation number.

That is basically the process for me so far, and I am in Toronto Canada.

Interesting, I never got the email with the UPS Shipping Labels yet, Although I did get the shipping confirmation email.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    354 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zenfloater View Post
    Just got the email to resubmit all information ... waiting patiently ...
    hey when did you send in your shipping info and got the confirmation number cause I submitted mine at 9:40 PST and did not receive any email after that about the system error
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts

Resubmitted and got my UPS label, already on the truck and on the way there
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    124 Global Posts

I got an email after submitting my info:

Thank you for your submission to the BlackBerry 10 Limited Edition Trade up program.

As we were processing your application we encountered a system issue that has now been resolved, however this required us to remove all existing data from the system. As a result if you have already received a notification email please disregard this communication as a new email will be sent to you shortly. For those that have already entered your shipping details you will need to do so again once you receive the new email.

We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused.

Thanks,
    BlackBerry Developer Relations Team
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast