Any word on how the trade in will work? Will it be prior to general release because that would be great
    09-24-12 11:01 AM
    The Dev Alpha trade-in will occur 3-4 weeks before the launch date. They haven't decided whether it will be through mail or you will have to go to a location in your city. If by mail: You will be sent a box with a sticker in the mail with the RIM address on it. You need to pack your dev alpha and stick the sticker on the box. Once they receive it and verify you, they will send you a limited edition blackberry device which will arrive a a day or two before the public pre-orders will arrive.
    09-24-12 12:11 PM
    Thanks for the info, I wonder what limited will entail, probably just the word limited somewhere
    09-24-12 03:44 PM
    Limited means a design that is more cool and risky that they want to put in front in public. Examples i have heard: slightly thicker for double the battery capacity, this Blackberry London Design Google Image Result for http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/789706/bb_london_the_verge2.jpg

or the coolest i have heard, comes with blackberry 10 os that has more options/settings for more technical savvy people which will allow for very, very deep customization that wont be available to public users.

But just rumors.
    09-24-12 08:27 PM
    where did you hear it? You made it sound like an Amazon product return.

What about the app submission. Does developer with Dev Alpha still required to submit an app in order to receive the special edition phone?
    09-25-12 09:42 PM
    It might just be fancy colors too lol.

I hadn't heard any of that procedural info, but the shipping bit seems most likely.
    Yes, you will need to have a BB10 app in App World before the release date.
    09-25-12 10:35 PM
    So i have to have an app for bb10 up and running on appworld before the 10th of October ?
    09-25-12 10:43 PM
    So i have to have an app for bb10 up and running on appworld before the 10th of October ?
    I don't know where you're getting the 10th of October from... My understanding is that you had to have one in App World before the release of BB10. RIM hasn't clarified what exactly you have to do yet.
    09-25-12 11:08 PM
    There are BBJams later in october so it must be before BB10 launch not appstore launch. Only 10K program is limited to 10.10 with app submission
    09-26-12 03:53 AM
    There are BBJams later in october so it must be before BB10 launch not appstore launch. Only 10K program is limited to 10.10 with app submission
    The submission deadline for the 10k program is currently January 21, 2013.
    09-26-12 05:47 AM
    Saw the video again on the 10th the app store opens for submissions and you have to have it in before the 21st of jan to qualify
    09-26-12 08:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD