Get it here: https://developer.blackberry.com/bla...valphas/update

I dont have my Alpha device with me right now so I cant try it out until later, but let everyone know any changes you find.
    07-19-12 08:17 AM
    Thanks Shao128

Not showing up here yet

Will report back though.
    07-19-12 08:25 AM
    In addition to the new APIs being supported it looks like AppWorld will be installed with the udpate:

In addition to the BlackBerry 10 developer toolkit updates, RIM is also opening the BlackBerry App WorldTM Vendor Portal for BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha test devices. The portal will now allow developers to target the BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha test device for applications, allowing developers with BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha test devices to share and access each other's applications and see what their peers are doing with the platform.
    07-19-12 08:30 AM
    In addition to the BlackBerry 10 developer toolkit updates, RIM is also opening the BlackBerry App WorldTM Vendor Portal for BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha test devices. The portal will now allow developers to target the BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha test device for applications, allowing developers with BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha test devices to share and access each other's applications and see what their peers are doing with the platform.
    I think this is great! It's like a closed developer network, although I wonder if BB App World will load all existing PlayBook apps by default. It has been said that PB apps should carry over to BB10 but I don't know if 100% of existing apps work natively or need to be modified and recompiled with BB10 SDKs. Now the questions is will BB10 developers charge each other to playtest each other's apps while no consumers have any access?
    07-19-12 08:43 AM
    No luck for me, tried normal update (DM check) and Repair and both come up with no update. Guess I'll have to wait for my PIN to get tagged or something.

Another question about the Appworld, are the apps that we buy still valid when OS10 comes out, or would we have to rebuy. Not that I plan on doing it, but if devs charge...
    07-19-12 09:20 AM
    Anyone already got the update?
    Has the GUI been changed or it's still the playbook one?
    07-19-12 09:39 AM
    Downloading now. Had to get DM 7.1 from the Beta site first. DM 7.1 found the update as soon as I plugged in my Dev device.
    07-19-12 09:42 AM
    Downloading the update now,

Seems like it just took a while for it to kind of go live everywhere Either that or they've been backlogged for some reason.
    07-19-12 09:44 AM
    I had to download the Desktop Manager from the Beta Zone on another PC and then it worked.
    07-19-12 09:53 AM
    is that allowed to share the downloaded data? so as to install it to playbook? is it possible?
    07-19-12 10:02 AM
    Still no luck getting the update... been trying all morning... :-(
    07-19-12 10:02 AM
    Still no luck getting the update... been trying all morning... :-(
    Try to turn off your DevAlpha and connect to BB Desktop Software. It will throw up error with connection, click to Update and it should work.

But BEWARE - data will gone, so backup your device.
    07-19-12 10:05 AM
    had DM 7.1 32, updated to 33 but still no luck.

Did restore and normal procedures. For s and giggles I've security wiped it to see if that changed anything. Nothing important on it, it's a dev device anyways.
    07-19-12 10:10 AM
    mine is now updating, lets see and wait
    07-19-12 10:32 AM
    Nothing here in Austria and Germany... Does anyone not in NA get the update?
    07-19-12 10:38 AM
    Well, I've updated,

You'll notice two camera and two browsers, app world is also here.

RIM is changing the AIR apps to be native C++ apps, so you get a little taste of a C++ Browser and C++ Camera app.

Issues so far:
    Top power button does not work
    07-19-12 10:46 AM
    i'm getting an error with the download, he's getting stuck @ module 29 from 39..
    07-19-12 10:48 AM
    listening adam stanley on webcast and updating DL in progress. So Ok from France, I believe
    edit : first attempt did not fire any error but didn't update the alpha.
    Second attempt in progress.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 07-19-12 at 11:41 AM.
    07-19-12 11:05 AM
    Well, I've updated,

You'll notice two camera and two browsers, app world is also here.

RIM is changing the AIR apps to be native C++ apps, so you get a little taste of a C++ Browser and C++ Camera app.

Issues so far:
    Top power button does not work
    :0 whoa. this is a much welcomed changed. AIR was a stopgap and it's great to transition away from it.

Can you post up a pic or better yet some video showing off the new chrome?
    07-19-12 11:06 AM
    update complete in the netherlands now restarting my device
    07-19-12 11:09 AM
    The firmware is actually 10.0.6.386 if someone can correct title.
    I have downloaded.
    07-19-12 11:21 AM
    :0 whoa. this is a much welcomed changed. AIR was a stopgap and it's great to transition away from it.

Can you post up a pic or better yet some video showing off the new chrome?
    I'll post a video sure, although the browser and AIR browser are identical in terms of visual appearance
    07-19-12 11:38 AM
    I've been trying all morning--regular DM7.1 Update method and repair method but no luck. It keeps telling me there are no updates.

Also, I downloaded and installed the beta DM 7.1 they had on the update site but the "About" for that software say "Version 7.1.0.32" (Bundle 33). Not 7.1.0.31 as mentioned on the update site (https://developer.blackberry.com/bla...valphas/update). Is that the right version?
    07-19-12 11:53 AM
    Are the non-AIR Browser/Camera apps actually C++? They don't look or feel any different.
    07-19-12 11:53 AM
    listening adam stanley on webcast and updating DL in progress. So Ok from France, I believe
    edit : first attempt did not fire any error but didn't update the alpha.
    Second attempt in progress.
    Second attempt successful
    Note : I did not unplug the USB on auto-restart at the end of the update until the DM asked again for debrick (old souvenirs of PB update problems). Also boot time is very long (7-10 min), so be patient.

P.S: for reporting problems there is a thread here : Re: DevAlpha not updating on Desktop (Bundle 33) -... - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    07-19-12 12:05 PM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD