My Dev Alpha B does not want to charge up to 100% and I think the heating up is the problem.

I'm not talking about while charging (there are several phones that heat up when plugged in)
    I'm talking about while using it on a regular day out to lunch.

I can maybe get 20 minutes before it seems to get too hot and shuts down quickly.

I've tried turning off wifi, NFC and bluetooth (and leaving on 3G)
    I'll try turning off everything and see how long I get.

Also if it gets too hot it doesn't seem to charge. Anyone experiencing this?
    11-28-12 04:37 PM
    I heard the same from several people - maybe it gets better after today's update but if not - relax even some people at RIM running the full version told me that it happend to them in the past
    11-28-12 06:17 PM
    Try forcing it off by holding down the power button for a full 10s, ignoring anything you see onscreen during that time.

I've had mine get very hot sometimes, though perhaps not since putting beta 3 on it (the current one, for at least a few more hours anyway). When that's happened, after a forced reset like this it's been okay.
    11-28-12 06:49 PM
    My Dev Alpha B does not want to charge up to 100% and I think the heating up is the problem.

I'm not talking about while charging (there are several phones that heat up when plugged in)
    I'm talking about while using it on a regular day out to lunch.

I can maybe get 20 minutes before it seems to get too hot and shuts down quickly.

I've tried turning off wifi, NFC and bluetooth (and leaving on 3G)
    I'll try turning off everything and see how long I get.

Also if it gets too hot it doesn't seem to charge. Anyone experiencing this?
    Already install The latest update? If no, then try it. Or Just try to change The charger.
    11-28-12 06:54 PM
    I was so excited that there was an update. but it looks like ""you have the latest software"

I have Blackberry OS 10.0.9.388

The funny thing is this is a Dev alpha B. and so it always had that newer software version that looks like a full phone (instead of a stripped down blackberry playbook"

I've tried (with no success):
    - Using the original charger that came with the device.
    - Using the original Playbook charger
    - Using a generic (well htc) charger (that only has 1Amp 5v power)
    - I've tried turning the device off completely and then charging it all night (it goes from blinking red, to blinking yellow to steady yellow. and ONE DAY went to stead green, but never again)
    - I've tried leaving it ON and charging it (and then is when it stays the hottest after charging while on all night)

And the heat seems to affect the batter level. So charging it all night while on will show that it never goes above 10%, then you turn it off for 15 minutes and turn it back on and it's fully charged (I wasn't plugged in during those 15 minutes, it just allowed the system to cool down)

So the heat seems to be the problem. and since it's the newest OS, then I think it's a hardware issue. I've even tried charging it fully with the cover off.

I'll try any combination you guys can think about. I'd like to show off the device, and I feel silly that I have to keep it off and only turn it on when I want to show it to my android clients.
    11-29-12 09:42 AM
    Another thing to check: use the top-left corner swipe on the home page, to enable the performance statistics overlay. Check the CPU number. It should idle at 0 0 0. If you see "50 0 0" or anything close to 50 as the first number, one of your CPU cores is pegged at 100% usage, and that explains the overheating. I've had that... If you're getting that, it's related to your Accounts. I have a gmail account which triggers that sometimes... at various times disabling synchronization on Email and Calendar has "fixed" it, while at other times I've had to remove the account and recreate it. It's flaky... still getting it with the beta 4 update as well.
    11-29-12 09:43 AM
    I finally updated to 10.0.9.1103 through this "forced" method
    https://developer.blackberry.com/dev...ha_update.html

As for the CPU. It does idle at 0 0 0
    (Thank you peter I'll monitor it through-out the day)

I'll let you guys know if it fixed.
    11-29-12 11:01 AM
    Great news.
    Forcing the update to 10.0.9.1103 not only brought me all the goodies of 1103 but now my Dev Alpha B runs COOL the whole day.

Thank you guys. Very fast answers, and excellent advice!
    11-29-12 12:52 PM
    Think that I have to force my alpha too. Since the BBM is not working. Keep loading all the time.

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
    11-29-12 11:14 PM