Got mine this morning however can't login as when I try to do password reset it says error no account with this email address?
    The link isn't RIM or BlackBerry related. It looks like some external company is involved in this, which is why it's not linked with a BlackBerry ID.
    floydsaj likes this.
    01-23-13 07:54 AM
    Thanks for the update. I wonder what the next step is for us?
    01-23-13 08:25 AM
    Thanks for the update. I wonder what the next step is for us?
    "Once the shipping process is initiated you will be contacted with instructions on how to return your Dev Alpha device. After the Dev Alpha has been received, the new device will be shipped once available post BlackBerry 10 launch on January 30th, 2013." (here)

Another cool fact is that according to this thread, we might be able to see the Limited Edition device presented at the BB10 launch or at BB Jam Amsterdam. I will be at BB Jam Amsterdam, so I hope I can get a hands-on and provide details about the device
    floydsaj likes this.
    01-23-13 09:08 AM
    Question, how did you guys get the ok to send the Alphas back? I received an email about getting the Z10 from Verizon instead of the limited edition but nothing yet on returning the Alpha.
    01-23-13 08:18 PM
    Question, how did you guys get the ok to send the Alphas back? I received an email about getting the Z10 from Verizon instead of the limited edition but nothing yet on returning the Alpha.
    Verizon users will not be getting a Limited Edition device, apparently as far as we know they will be getting a regular Z10 BlackBerry device.
    01-23-13 08:27 PM
    I received a e-mail with a UPS tracking number and a UPS document to stick on the box you send the Dev Alpa in. Maybe you should contact them about not getting shipping details to send the Dev Alpha back.
    01-24-13 04:30 AM
    Verizon users will not be getting a Limited Edition device, apparently as far as we know they will be getting a regular Z10 BlackBerry device.
    Which means? I think they still want the Dev Alpha back before shipping the Z10 from Verizon.
    01-24-13 04:41 AM
    I got an email today saying my return has been moved to "submitted".
    01-24-13 06:34 AM
    Just changed to arrived.
    01-24-13 07:12 AM
    Just changed to arrived.
    Great! That means you're on the same page as the rest of us!
    floydsaj likes this.
    01-24-13 07:31 AM
    Has anyone that returned their Dev Alpha to the Ohio warehouse receive a receipt confirmation email yet?

According to the UPS track and confirm number, my Dev Alpha - or at least a box with my Dev Alpha's shipping label - was delivered to Mason, Ohio on January 15th. It was signed for by someone named Queen. Nine days later and I haven't heard a peep out of anyone about it.
    01-24-13 10:22 AM
    Has anyone that returned their Dev Alpha to the Ohio warehouse receive a receipt confirmation email yet?

According to the UPS track and confirm number, my Dev Alpha - or at least a box with my Dev Alpha's shipping label - was delivered to Mason, Ohio on January 15th. It was signed for by someone named Queen. Nine days later and I haven't heard a peep out of anyone about it.
    9 Days isn't much, in my case it was about 10.
    Saiga likes this.
    01-24-13 02:14 PM
    I'm just wondering if the Ohio warehouse has even started confriming them. Since I haven't noticed anyone in the United States report having gotten the confirmation email
    01-24-13 02:19 PM
    I just got a confirmation email from brand alliance in Ohio. It was received by them on Thursday of last week. It should not be too long before you get confirmation, don't forget they are dealing with hundreds thousands of items that come in everyday in addition to items the RIMM ask them to process
    H4zN and Saiga like this.
    01-26-13 03:11 PM
    from the official FAQ page https://developer.blackberry.com/dev...ition_faq.html
    I've started the exchange process, how long will it take to receive my Limited Edition?
    To exchange your Dev Alpha device for the Limited Edition, please allow:

1-3 weeks for the return of the Dev Alpha to be completed
    2-6 weeks for the shipping of a Limited Edition device (after launch)
    You will receive notification once the Limited Edition device has been shipped to you with tracking information.
    01-29-13 03:06 AM
    got my email today, it has been changed to "Submitted"
    H4zN likes this.
    02-08-13 01:57 PM
    from the official FAQ page https://developer.blackberry.com/dev...ition_faq.html
    I've started the exchange process, how long will it take to receive my Limited Edition?
    To exchange your Dev Alpha device for the Limited Edition, please allow:

1-3 weeks for the return of the Dev Alpha to be completed
    2-6 weeks for the shipping of a Limited Edition device (after launch)
    You will receive notification once the Limited Edition device has been shipped to you with tracking information.

weird how the site says 2-6 weeks in faq but on the main page it says 6-8. Stinks for me because I live in waterloo and I still have to wait 6 weeks lol. Oh well.
    02-08-13 07:42 PM
    weird how the site says 2-6 weeks in faq but on the main page it says 6-8. Stinks for me because I live in waterloo and I still have to wait 6 weeks lol. Oh well.
    According to BlackBerry, all limited edition owners are considered American!

(This is a joke by the way, don't jump me)
    schmeat likes this.
    02-09-13 12:02 AM
    Dear, BBJamUser

The Warehouse Arrival Notification Status has been changed to Received

Notification ID: 2XXX

Bucket: US - BBJAM

Arrival Notification Items:

Name Item Number Quantity
    BBJAM-AlphaDevice BBJAM-AlphaDevice 1

To Check the Warehouse Arrival Notification please click the link below.
    chrissmartin and H4zN like this.
    02-22-13 03:35 PM
    Can't wait until we receive an e-mail with status: "dispatched" ;D
    02-25-13 05:09 PM
    I'm not at the stage of getting a confirm receipt, but I'm really puzzled. The FAQ of the LE site says:

What happens after the trade has been requested?
    You will receive a confirmation email that you have requested to trade in your Dev Alpha device. Once the shipping process is initiated you will be contacted with instructions on how to return your Dev Alpha device. After the Dev Alpha has been received, the new device will be shipped once available post BlackBerry 10 launch on January 30th, 2013.

I requested mine yesterday, but didn't got any e-mail. Do I have to worry now? (FYI: I also submitted my app for the approval yesterday at the same time, send in the request for the trade-up after getting an app ID)
    02-26-13 08:06 AM
    I'm not at the stage of getting a confirm receipt, but I'm really puzzled. The FAQ of the LE site says:

What happens after the trade has been requested?
    You will receive a confirmation email that you have requested to trade in your Dev Alpha device. Once the shipping process is initiated you will be contacted with instructions on how to return your Dev Alpha device. After the Dev Alpha has been received, the new device will be shipped once available post BlackBerry 10 launch on January 30th, 2013.

I requested mine yesterday, but didn't got any e-mail. Do I have to worry now? (FYI: I also submitted my app for the approval yesterday at the same time, send in the request for the trade-up after getting an app ID)
    You're probably a little too impatient. First your application has to be accepted for BlackBerry World. Then it has to be determined to be acceptable for the LE trade-up, then you should get your email. Having said that don't ignore the situation either. According to Dev Rel I was accepted for the trade-up but that information hadn't made it over to BrandAliance until I asked
    02-26-13 09:28 AM
    You're probably a little too impatient. First your application has to be accepted for BlackBerry World. Then it has to be determined to be acceptable for the LE trade-up, then you should get your email. Having said that don't ignore the situation either. According to Dev Rel I was accepted for the trade-up but that information hadn't made it over to BrandAliance until I asked
    I can understand you think I'm talking about the approve-email, but I'm talking about the request is recieved mail.

And ofcourse you are right, everyone is impatience, we all want that device in our hands and be acknowledged as good developers
    02-26-13 10:25 AM
    I received my confirmation a few weeks ago. It had been delivered and signed for a little over two weeks earlier.

I'm sort of glad that I got my device in early, just so that I could confirm that I'm in the queue. It felt like it took forever to get the LE approval email to begin with (app was approved in October). The only downside right now is not having a device to do further testing while waiting for the Z10/LE. The simulator is okay, but really doesn't give the same experience.
    02-26-13 12:38 PM
    I received my confirmation a few weeks ago. It had been delivered and signed for a little over two weeks earlier.

I'm sort of glad that I got my device in early, just so that I could confirm that I'm in the queue. It felt like it took forever to get the LE approval email to begin with (app was approved in October). The only downside right now is not having a device to do further testing while waiting for the Z10/LE. The simulator is okay, but really doesn't give the same experience.
    That's the biggest downside of the LE trade-up program. From what I've read on different forums a lot of devs are unhappy about not being able to test while they wait for the LE to arrive. It's understandable that it takes long as it's a long process of receiving phones, checking the pin and other logistic stuff, but lots of apps won't be updated until they're properly tested. I guess everyone's rather safe than sorry by sending the Dev Alphas back on time!
    02-26-13 06:01 PM
59 123