https://t.co/s8onvrg2
    Almost all the questions answered. Nice !

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    kbz1960 likes this.
    11-18-12 02:05 PM
    Thanks dude! Nice to see our stock doing so well
    11-18-12 02:41 PM
    Does BB10 L series really not have LTE???? I'm hoping this is just the dev devices.
    11-18-12 02:46 PM
    BB10 will definitely work on the LTE networks. ATT better get it running here before Feb
    11-18-12 02:56 PM
    Does BB10 L series really not have LTE???? I'm hoping this is just the dev devices.
    One of the reasons why there haven't been any new BBs on Verizon is that they wouldn't accept any new devices without LTE. BB10 will definitely support LTE networks.
    11-18-12 03:44 PM
    thanks for the info!

and yes the actual devices will have LTE.
    11-18-12 03:48 PM
    One of the reasons why there haven't been any new BBs on Verizon is that they wouldn't accept any new devices without LTE. BB10 will definitely support LTE networks.
    Not true at all. Verizon let the 9310 on their network a few months ago.
    11-19-12 12:16 AM
    oh, didn't previously noticed "DLNA" was printed on these specs !
    While not a surprise, it's definitely cool !
    Attached Thumbnails Dev Alpha A and B specs side by side-capture.png  
    11-26-12 09:08 AM
    One question ... Why did they set for Alpha B the front camera to 2 MP when on Alpha is 3MP?
    11-27-12 05:48 PM
    One question ... Why did they set for Alpha B the front camera to 2 MP when on Alpha is 3MP?
    Just noticed that myself. Really starting to wonder what the final hardware will be
    11-27-12 06:37 PM
    Not true at all. Verizon let the 9310 on their network a few months ago.
    Last I checked, the 9310 doesn't run BB10.
    11-28-12 07:28 AM
    Erm what does that have to do with your comment or my reply to said comment?

Your exact words: "One of the reasons why there haven't been any new BBs on Verizon is that they wouldn't accept any new devices without LTE. BB10 will definitely support LTE networks."

Last I checked the 9310 is only a few months old. You proclaimed that Verizon Wireless hasn't been carrying the new BlackBerry phones because they lack 4G LTE. That isn't true at all. Verizon started carrying the 9310 well after they said that they would no longer carry new smartphones that don't have 4G LTE. Verizon went against what they said they would do, to offer not only the Curve 9310 but also the 9370.

So please enlighten me. Which BlackBerry devices have Verizon Wireless turned down due to a lack of 4G LTE connectivity?

The only reason why there haven't been any new BBs on Verizon is because RIM hasn't made anything new.
    12-02-12 05:07 PM
    Save a bit of money on the overall cost of the device by changing some with negligible detriment to the overall experience.
    12-03-12 02:02 PM
    There is going to be multiple variants of the L-series with the dev alpha b being the hspa+ only model, besides that there will be most likely be CDMA/LTE, GSM/LTE NA and GSM/LTE RoW.
    12-03-12 02:05 PM
    Well last time I checked BB10 wasn't released yet
    calicocat2010 likes this.
    12-08-12 05:28 PM
    Save a bit of money on the overall cost of the device by changing some with negligible detriment to the overall experience.
    IMHO, front cam will be mostly used for videochat. 2Mp is far enough for that usage and drops bandwidth (at least) 33% down ... not to speak about GPU.
    12-09-12 04:37 AM
    IMHO, front cam will be mostly used for videochat. 2Mp is far enough for that usage and drops bandwidth (at least) 33% down ... not to speak about GPU.
    agree with u. 2 MP front camera will sufficient for Video chat and save bandwidth for streaming and hardware cost ofcourse. I cannot imagine if 8 MP front camera is using for Video Chat. How much bandwidth does it use? 1 MBps?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk
    12-09-12 04:44 AM
    its probably to do with data while using a connection. obviously the more pixels the more data to transmit. either way, lets just salute them for dropping EDOF as thats what the 3mp one is.
    12-09-12 09:35 AM
    agree with u. 2 MP front camera will sufficient for Video chat and save bandwidth for streaming and hardware cost ofcourse. I cannot imagine if 8 MP front camera is using for Video Chat. How much bandwidth does it use? 1 MBps?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk
    Well, 8 MP full stream to hold 1Mbps would be about 2.5 fps with maximum compression, no motion in the picture, at best.

But for the record, even if the 8MP camera we're used for video chat, the stream would be downgraded to 4CIF or less and compressed (H.264 maybe), probably around 15 fps. (you don't really notice a low frame rate until below 15 fps) That's the best balance of video quality for bandwidth concerns. Don't forget, you're also streaming audio as well as video, VoIP adds to bandwidth as well, all in full duplex fashion
    12-14-12 01:43 PM
    Erm what does that have to do with your comment or my reply to said comment?
    This thread has to do with BB10, not BBOS, and my answers are in the context of BB10. It was reported approximately a year ago that Verizon only wanted LTE BB10 devices.
    12-14-12 03:06 PM
    This thread has to do with BB10, not BBOS, and my answers are in the context of BB10. It was reported approximately a year ago that Verizon only wanted LTE BB10 devices.
    So that's why there hasn't been any new BBs on Verizon Wireless? It is just because Verizon is waiting for the LTE BB10 devices and skipped on the non LTE BB10 devices that RIM hasn't even released yet? I gotcha. Here I thought Verizon hasn't been carrying the new BBs just because RIM hasn't released anything new for Verizon since the 9310. Boy was I wrong. Oh wait...
    12-15-12 02:28 PM
    oh, didn't previously noticed "DLNA" was printed on these specs !
    While not a surprise, it's definitely cool !
    Sharing Very informative along with image.
    12-19-12 06:37 AM
    BB10 will definitely work on the LTE networks. ATT better get it running here before Feb
    How do you know this. Is it a guarantee somewhere in writing?

Sent from the smartphone if my choice using Tapatalk 2
    12-19-12 07:36 AM
    How do you know this. Is it a guarantee somewhere in writing?

i think its common sense. its not in writing because no offical BB10 specs have been given, but if RIM released their flagship device without LTE in 2013, while their tablet has LTE (so they have the radio stack coded and compatibility worked out) then theyd already know what`ll happen.

So no, its not in writing, but then apple said their maps were great when they launched them, so never take everything at face value lol.
    12-19-12 09:24 PM
    i think its common sense. its not in writing because no offical BB10 specs have been given, but if RIM released their flagship device without LTE in 2013, while their tablet has LTE (so they have the radio stack coded and compatibility worked out) then theyd already know what`ll happen.

So no, its not in writing, but then apple said their maps were great when they launched them, so never take everything at face value lol.
    Easy response to your common sense statement Blackberry 9900/9930 series no auto focus. Common sense if course RIM would have it on their flagship device. Right? Just saying!

12-19-12 09:37 PM