What about "Delete on handset only" for email?

Posted via Z10
    That is what i would like to know too. And can some one please give me a hint where to find the How To activate ActiveSync on GMail? Seems i have overlooked it. THX and good Morning from Germany
    04-18-13 12:43 AM
    There are some interesting changes in built-in calculator as well.
    04-18-13 12:54 AM
    what is a pin to pin messaging? Isn't BBM uses PIN first to get people as friends list
    PIN messaging pre-dates BBM. PIN messaging is like instant messaging yet directly to the device. So even if the person is not part of your BBM list they can still "PIN message" you as long as you have provided them your PIN. In corporate assigned BlackBerry's on BES ... typing the name of a user in the "TO:" field and then using the "Lookup: tangyourangesour" results, selecting that person and then seeing their properties will show their PIN #.

On previous BBOS devices (Java and C++ based pagers) PIN messaging was highlighted with a RED message in their inbox ... also it provided a different alert ringtone and vibration by default - regardless of the profile you've chosen (unless you've specifically modified the "Level 1" messages).

I've personally assisted the COO and his Executive Assistant at my last place so that she can alert him directly within his meetings with a specific LED flash and vibration before an audible tone. We've even set it up so that only HER BB would alert him this way. She came up with the idea and it really challenged me to think outside of my normal training and experience with BB's and I was very impressed to work together with her to come up with a solid solution.

This is why PIN to PIN messaging along with specific Profiles is amongst the hottest requests by long term BB users that are migrating to BB10 because a LOT of this power by both features is heavily missing. It's a legacy feature set but like an ol-timers experience in life its still king.

I hope this explains this in depth - even if someone else beat me to the punch.

Still gingerbread runtime, so no it won't work

Posted via CB10
    Many thanks for checking into this. Much appreciated.
    NickMcBride likes this.
    04-18-13 12:56 AM
    I know its late folks in USA/Canada/S.America ... so last question from me tonight.

Email ... Flags. Can we know set Flag Properties as in ...
    Set Alarms or Reminders (for yourself & or for the recipients)?
    I have sinking feeling this is a feature only BES10 on ActiveSync setups will enable.
    04-18-13 01:03 AM
    I know its late folks in USA/Canada/S.America ... so last question from me tonight.

Email ... Flags. Can we know set Flag Properties as in ...
    Set Alarms or Reminders (for yourself & or for the recipients)?
    I have sinking feeling this is a feature only BES10 on ActiveSync setups will enable.
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    04-18-13 01:04 AM
    That is what i would like to know too. And can some one please give me a hint where to find the How To activate ActiveSync on GMail? Seems i have overlooked it. THX and good Morning from Germany
    EAS is not longer available for new devices even if you had it before
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    04-18-13 01:05 AM
    EAS is not longer available for new devices even if you had it before
    Oh ok. Thanks for clearing this up.

Still i would love to know [if someone has already checked this]: Have we finally the Option to erase eMails only from Handset? Thanks again
    04-18-13 01:08 AM
    There is a way to go back to ActiveSync if you had it before...BlackBerry just changed the software to default to IMAP...
    How to setup Gmail sync on BlackBerry Z10 | Geek Squad
    I get an error saying "Service for account ([email protected]) is not available. Access should be available soon. [Error Code: 403]" when I try to set it up using exchange active sync.
    04-18-13 01:11 AM
    Oh ok. Thanks for clearing this up.

Still i would love to know [if someone has already checked this]: Have we finally the Option to erase eMails only from Handset? Thanks again
    no this option is gone for now, you need to go into gmail web app on your pc and change the imap settings so emails wont get deleted from the server when you delete on device
    Supa_Fly1 and bertcella like this.
    04-18-13 01:11 AM
    WORD OF ADVISE:

downgrading to 10.0.1 OS is not as easy as upgrading to 10.1 so if you are not a developer and do not need this update for testing purposes BY ALL MEANS AVOID IT!!
    04-18-13 01:12 AM
    WOW I just read the entire thread and didn't get bored once! Thanks to Kris, Bla1ze, ealvnv and others for doing this for people who cannot load the dev onto their main device. Superb job guys really, let us know if you find anything else!
    04-18-13 01:16 AM
    It does.
    C'Mon BlackBerry this is point less without this

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 01:21 AM
    no this option is gone for now, you need to go into gmail web app on your pc and change the imap settings so emails wont get deleted from the server when you delete on device
    Thanks again. Yeah its activated since years. But that doesnt work some how on the Z10 - neither over POP nor over IMAP. Will try this again when 10.1 is officially released. Have a good Day/Night/Whatsoever
    Oliver
    04-18-13 01:21 AM
    If you go the notifications section and change from normal to vibrate you can switch profiles from the drop down menu just by taping the notifications icon

Attachment 152285

Posted via CB10
    I've been doing this since the day the Z10 came out; I don't think it's anything new. I've always found tapping the notification icon gives you the last profile you were using, be it silent or vibrate only.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 01:30 AM
    I wish they would allow keyboard shortcuts in the email and username fields. I set up a few quick shortcuts (gg changes to gregorylkelly, which is my user name for many sites and ggg is my email address). The problem is that 95% of the time I want to use these, I can't because the OS doesn't allow them. I hope others have said something to BlackBerry and this is on the agenda.

Posted via Z10
    For me, once I've enter an email or username before, it becomes an auto-complete option using the "swipe up" motion or it can even be saved in the browser. This doesn't work for everything (e.g. android apps) but works for many apps for me.
    04-18-13 01:33 AM
    well I just read all 11 pages of this thread and was on edge of seat the whole time. Great thread !!!

Question: When dialing a phone number is the dial tone heard through the speakerphone still ?

Thanks in advance,
    C
    04-18-13 01:34 AM
    Yes! I hope this is a default feature and not just for the issuing carrier.
    I've always had this option.
    I have an STL100-1, just upgraded to 10.0.10.99 but I had the option there before. I'm certain of this and I checked my bf device whose carrier hasn't released the 99 update yet and it was also available to him
    Dev Alpha A/B/C 10.1.0.1485 Autoloaders-img_00000152.png

Posted via CB10 from my Z10
    04-18-13 01:37 AM
    Would love to be able to do this again as well.

How about BBM chat history, is it accessible now?

Posted via CB10
    So desperately would love to have the option to read chat history.
    It was the only way I knew of to read a BBM without showing the message as read.
    Most people didn't know you could that, but I loved having that feature

Posted via CB10 from my Z10
    Bdot-1 likes this.
    04-18-13 01:44 AM
    Where do you guys have the option for emergency alerts can't find it on mine

Posted via CB10
    You said you have att if I'm correct att doesn't have it on the z10 strange cause they had it on the 9900 although I never got one even during sandy in nj

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 01:50 AM
    How about copying messages in bbm guys , still comes with sender name?

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 01:57 AM
    If you go the notifications section and change from normal to vibrate you can switch profiles from the drop down menu just by taping the notifications icon

Attachment 152285

Posted via CB10
    I did this in the past but it doesn't stay that WY maybe after a reboot it goes back I'm not sure but it's a problem I never use silent always switching from normal to vibrate

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 02:03 AM
    Any news on BBM group notifications in the Hub? Only get chats now, not photos / calendar / list updates

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 02:11 AM
    I wish you release instagram version as soon as possible

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 02:17 AM
    Anybody know about Wifi Calling?
    04-18-13 02:18 AM
    Anybody know about Wifi Calling?
    Not there

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 02:29 AM
562 ... 910111213 ...