BlackBerry 10 is gonna blow the competition away
    12-19-12 07:08 PM
    can you translate this?
    12-19-12 09:03 PM
    can you translate this?
    dev alpha scores higher in HTML5 test and CSS3 test, and im imagining he was trying to show the fps on the last particle test.

the URL for the particle test is Benchmark - Canvas + Shadow

It should be noted at 100 particles my pc graphics card (which is big, powerful and expensive) runs at 300fps+ and with 1000 particles it runs at 100fps

dev alpha A on 100 particles runs at a steady 30fps, a playbook runs at apx 55fps.
    12-19-12 09:19 PM
    what where the numbers he was getting for the 100 particle test?
    12-19-12 09:28 PM
    what where the numbers he was getting for the 100 particle test?
    its hard to tell from the vid, hence why i posted my own results with dev alpha a.
    12-19-12 09:30 PM
    i get about 70 with my nexus 4 and 30 on my galaxy nexus, dont have a S3 to test though
    12-19-12 09:35 PM
    i get about 70 with my nexus 4 and 30 on my galaxy nexus, dont have a S3 to test though
    yea its kinda not a good representation, as i demonstrated with my pc. the fps figure given is more processor power + html/css compatability + graphics. cos i use a 40" tv for my pc, and that definitley cant run at 300fps lol. (runs at 60fps on the heaven benchmark at max settings).
    12-19-12 09:41 PM
    *sigh*.
    I wish people would get off these tests and start showing multiple comparisons of real website loading times. They're as bad as the Speedtest.net results people use in carrier arguments: Great scores dude, your carrier has better LTE. Too bad my phone renders websites faster and isn't available on your carrier.

The horse is dead already, show us some real world stuff now.
    12-20-12 02:13 AM
    I would expect that a phone about to be released would outperform a device that is seven months old.
    In real life it compete with phones that will be on carriers' counters at the same time. Like, for example, the SGIV which is rumoured to be released in spring 2013.

Samsung Galaxy S4 Release Date In February? Rumors & Specs : Offbeat : ENSTARZ

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_to_o...-news-5169.php
    12-20-12 03:32 AM
    I would expect that a phone about to be released would outperform a device that is seven months old.
    In real life it compete with phones that will be on carriers' counters at the same time. Like, for example, the SGIV which is rumoured to be released in spring 2013.

Samsung Galaxy S4 Release Date In February? Rumors & Specs : Offbeat : ENSTARZ

Samsung Galaxy S IV to come in April with unbreakable screen? - GSMArena.com news
    What are you Samsung PR?? We dont care about samsung news go to the samsung forum and post that crap there.There's nothing special or new about a bendable phone nokia have also created a bendable phone with TAT designed UI way back.This crackberry how you talk about samsung its about BB's here sort it out.

And such nonsense S3 is quadcore and stuffed with all sorts of ''top notch specs'' its a ''flagship'' device.How can 7 months be old?? Whats that got to do with loosing to a dev device that is not even fully optimized and under powered.The S3 specs are not old and are good enough to see it go through the year easily claiming that 7 month is old for the phone is hilarious considering many get tied to some of these phones for a year or 2.

Lol you seriously cant be in that much denial.The truth is having quadcore power and other silly specs to improve the phone is nothing but a myth.Dont seem to have improved the phone as people fantasize.It should'nt be loosing to a dev device with just what 2 cores is it?? This video just goes to show the real specs are in fine tuned optimization.We get that with qnx,paratek and brilliant programming at RIM.

By the way there's another video in english by thegadgetmaster where S3 lost in teh browser challenge also.
    Bobert_123 likes this.
    12-20-12 06:25 PM
    qbnkelt knows her stuff and is well respected here. She is not biased towards any one platform, as she has at one point in time owned and used them all. She was simply pointing out an article that is out that she has read. It really doesn't make her a BB hater at all. I've learned a lot from her postings during the past few years. We are all on this forum simply because we (or most of us anyhow) love and support RIM and BB, and no doubt are all awaiting the arrival of 10 or Z10 or whatever it is going to be called.
    12-20-12 06:37 PM
    qbnkelt knows her stuff and is well respected here. She is not biased towards any one platform, as she has at one point in time owned and used them all. She was simply pointing out an article that is out that she has read. It really doesn't make her a BB hater at all. I've learned a lot from her postings during the past few years. We are all on this forum simply because we (or most of us anyhow) love and support RIM and BB, and no doubt are all awaiting the arrival of 10 or Z10 or whatever it is going to be called.
    Or in other words:

Take a chill pill homeslice! no need for that much rage.
    reeneebob, john_v and Toodeurep like this.
    12-20-12 09:56 PM
    Who cares how "respected" she is?
    RECOOL likes this.
    12-20-12 10:07 PM
    What are you Samsung PR?? We dont care about samsung news go to the samsung forum and post that crap there.There's nothing special or new about a bendable phone nokia have also created a bendable phone with TAT designed UI way back.This crackberry how you talk about samsung its about BB's here sort it out.

And such nonsense S3 is quadcore and stuffed with all sorts of ''top notch specs'' its a ''flagship'' device.How can 7 months be old?? Whats that got to do with loosing to a dev device that is not even fully optimized and under powered.The S3 specs are not old and are good enough to see it go through the year easily claiming that 7 month is old for the phone is hilarious considering many get tied to some of these phones for a year or 2.

Lol you seriously cant be in that much denial.The truth is having quadcore power and other silly specs to improve the phone is nothing but a myth.Dont seem to have improved the phone as people fantasize.It should'nt be loosing to a dev device with just what 2 cores is it?? This video just goes to show the real specs are in fine tuned optimization.We get that with qnx,paratek and brilliant programming at RIM.

By the way there's another video in english by thegadgetmaster where S3 lost in teh browser challenge also.
    What you don't know about my phone usage is plenty.
    And since you are not a mod, you cannot tell me where to post.
    Apologies if facts touched a raw nerve.

Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    12-21-12 08:10 AM
    dev alpha scores higher in HTML5 test and CSS3 test, and im imagining he was trying to show the fps on the last particle test.

the URL for the particle test is Benchmark - Canvas + Shadow

It should be noted at 100 particles my pc graphics card (which is big, powerful and expensive) runs at 300fps+ and with 1000 particles it runs at 100fps

dev alpha A on 100 particles runs at a steady 30fps, a playbook runs at apx 55fps.
    Dev Alpha B on 100 particles runs at 45/50 fps, SGSIII was around 40 fps.

PlayBook runs faster largely because it has much less pixels to draw. SGSIII has similar pixels counts (if not less, correct me if I am wrong) as Dev Alpha devices. So it indeed shows Dev Alpha 's GPU is more powerful then SGSIII.

Now I just hope someone posts some javascript results.
    jerryeight and RECOOL like this.
    12-21-12 09:05 AM
    That's a test exercising one particular html5 function. To have a real comparison, there should be a variety of tests.

If anyone has a Dev Alpha B, can you follow along with the following tests and let us know the results regardless of which device comes out on top. I really don't care which comes out on top as long as the results are reported honestly.

HTML5 tests

Flash Websites

12-21-12 01:40 PM

PlayBook runs faster largely because it has much less pixels to draw. SGSIII has similar pixels counts (if not less, correct me if I am wrong) as Dev Alpha devices. So it indeed shows Dev Alpha 's GPU is more powerful then SGSIII.

Now I just hope someone posts some javascript results.
    Dude didnt the australian dev of that twiter flow app say runs his app at 60fps its impressive as games.And the guy at TAT says the playbook can do steroscopic 3D at 60fps.RIM is'nt underpowered in anything the devices are packing power and fine tuned programming.
    12-21-12 07:28 PM

What exactly is your problem? You don't run the forum, and you owe Q an apology.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
    12-21-12 08:20 PM
    What exactly is your problem? You don't run the forum, and you owe Q an apology.

Thanks love. I won't get one but I don't care. I will love doing my own comparisons between my SGIII and the Z10.
    And I CANNOT WAIT for the SGIV!!!!

pantlesspenguin and reeneebob like this.
    12-22-12 09:17 AM
    Thanks love. I won't get one but I don't care. I will love doing my own comparisons between my SGIII and the Z10.
    And I CANNOT WAIT for the SGIV!!!!

yes will be good to do comparisons with final hardware and software, but, bit of a spoiler alert here.

for some people will say its better for some they`ll say its worse!! imagine that lol
    12-22-12 09:39 AM
    yes will be good to do comparisons with final hardware and software, but, bit of a spoiler alert here.

for some people will say its better for some they`ll say its worse!! imagine that lol
    Yah true....
    I've had so many love/hate experiences with so many devices on different platforms that I just call it as I see it.
    I always know I will enrage one person or another, no matter what.
    Meh.....
    Example....I am skipping the iPhone 5...prefer my 4S on iOS 6....my SGIII kills my 4S...and my 9900....as per my preferences.....

pantlesspenguin likes this.
    12-22-12 10:37 AM
    Yah true....
    I've had so many love/hate experiences with so many devices on different platforms that I just call it as I see it.
    I always know I will enrage one person or another, no matter what.
    Meh.....
    Example....I am skipping the iPhone 5...prefer my 4S on iOS 6....my SGIII kills my 4S...and my 9900....as per my preferences.....

You and I can be the cool kids in the red SGS3 club. Oh wait can you get me a deal, since you're Samsung PR and all?

pantlesspenguin likes this.
    12-22-12 02:30 PM
    You and I can be the cool kids in the red SGS3 club. Oh wait can you get me a deal, since you're Samsung PR and all?

I'll get to work on that SGIV for ya!!!
    Oh and we've got to get the penguin into the club too!!!

reeneebob likes this.
    12-25-12 03:42 AM