(build 670 seems more accurate)
    Just plugged my DA and got this !

Looks like an incremental: 4 modules - pretty fast DL
    nope :

Last edited by Superfly_FR; 09-11-12 at 10:46 AM.
    lonnieo and mikelcal like this.
    09-11-12 10:02 AM
    Was the "accounts" section in settings before ?
    Just trying to setup a Facebook one and see what appends ... (edit) Failure.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 09-11-12 at 10:52 AM.
    09-11-12 10:45 AM
    yup i can confirm this ... im running on 10.0.6.671
    09-11-12 10:52 AM

Isn't that ... new ? Looks like the September landing is starting (office365+BB Enterprise Cloud Services)
    09-11-12 11:06 AM
    Click to view quoted image

Isn't that ... new ? Looks like the September landing is starting (office365+BB Enterprise Cloud Services)
    And then ... press the voice activation button and say ...
    "CALL [your contact]" ...
    I have no SIM inserted and presume it won't go out; but this means my online contact book address is IN DA PHONE !
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 09-11-12 at 11:30 AM.
    09-11-12 11:24 AM
    the power button on top still doesnt work ... like in the previous 3xx ver

I can now add my exchange mail, gmail, facebook acc ... seems like the calender and contacts do sync with the calender app & contacts app that i sideload from the playbook, just that it is truncated since the scaling is off
    Last edited by cruzzmz; 09-11-12 at 11:50 AM.
    09-11-12 11:24 AM
    the power button on top still doesnt work ... like in the previous 3xx ver
    Hit the battery icon or hold it a bit more to display screen icons?
    09-11-12 11:33 AM
    Of course the first day I don't bring my Dev-Alpha to my day job an update drops!!

Can anyone confirm the whole Contacts working with voice dialing? I have a Sim in my DA but won't be able to test it until after 5pm PST

I wouldn't be suprised to see a few updates between now and BB 10 Jam in San Jose... Get everything loaded into the background so that day of the event they can drop a small update that enables everything and shows the missing icons
    09-11-12 01:23 PM
    Of course the first day I don't bring my Dev-Alpha to my day job an update drops!!

Can anyone confirm the whole Contacts working with voice dialing? I have a Sim in my DA but won't be able to test it until after 5pm PST

I wouldn't be suprised to see a few updates between now and BB 10 Jam in San Jose... Get everything loaded into the background so that day of the event they can drop a small update that enables everything and shows the missing icons
    The result to my voice command is (something like) :
    "Do you want to call [contact name] mobile ?" [yes] "Dialing [contact mobile #]".
    New Webworks API capabilities have been announced for September, so that it seems logical some feature (yet no full) pops ...
    See : https://developer.blackberry.com/htm...nload/roadmap/
    09-11-12 02:08 PM
    09-11-12 02:29 PM
    The result to my voice command is (something like) :
    "Do you want to call [contact name] mobile ?" [yes] "Dialing [contact mobile #]".
    New Webworks API capabilities have been announced for September, so that it seems logical some feature (yet no full) pops ...
    See : https://developer.blackberry.com/htm...nload/roadmap/
    Thats cool I will have to try it when I get home...

I am personally more excited for the Cascades Roadmap... which has lots of stuff slated for September. (https://developer.blackberry.com/cas...nload/roadmap/)

The bottom of the list is the most exciting of course
    09-11-12 04:50 PM
    My vocalizer is not working. Any suggestions?
    09-11-12 07:37 PM
    Yeah so I've tried it now and instead of a helpful voice assistant all i get is "Unable to launch voice services"

it's odd because it was working for me before i updated.
    09-11-12 08:48 PM
    I don't know if someone said it before but accounts was there before.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    09-11-12 10:58 PM
    Yep, noticed it on previous screenshots. But I can't remember if it was possible to actually set accounts. Yet, I believe the tests made here by Bal1ze - or was it Adam ? - about voice commands resulted in "contact not found" or alike.
    09-12-12 02:35 AM
    Yeah so I've tried it now and instead of a helpful voice assistant all i get is "Unable to launch voice services"

it's odd because it was working for me before i updated.
    While the guys is yelling (caps), you may report here to get answers, but I believe voice is not on the list of supported features ...
    BB10 DEV ALPHA - VOICE COMMAND - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    09-12-12 02:40 AM
    My vocalizer is working now. The only thing I did was reboot it a couple times. Maybe that's it?
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    09-12-12 06:43 AM
    FYI

"Unable to launch voice services = Not connected to the internet
    "Please say a command after the beep" = Connected to the internet

Basically, it requires a network connection.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    09-12-12 02:02 PM
    weird... that is totally it, but i swear that before I had used the voice assistant without it being connected to the internet.
    09-12-12 05:24 PM
    Battery wise, it seems too good to be true. Unplugged this morning at 9am, standby, came back home at 10pm, still 100%
    09-13-12 04:38 PM
    Battery wise, it seems too good to be true. Unplugged this morning at 9am, standby, came back home at 10pm, still 100%
    The battery info in the Dev Alpha is basically worse than useless, since it is entirely unreliable, jumps randomly around, gets stuck at various odd levels, and so on. Being at "100%" all day simply means some reading is stuck, or some bug is actively preventing it from updating or calculating the value properly. Generally safe to ignore for now.
    goku_vegeta likes this.
    09-13-12 07:04 PM
    The battery info in the Dev Alpha is basically worse than useless, since it is entirely unreliable, jumps randomly around, gets stuck at various odd levels, and so on. Being at "100%" all day simply means some reading is stuck, or some bug is actively preventing it from updating or calculating the value properly. Generally safe to ignore for now.
    Wow lucky! My dev alpha won't go past 8 hours. Fully charged overnight to dead.
    09-14-12 12:55 AM
    I have a smartphone (Nokia) that easily lasts a month or longer on standby (when there is no SIM in it). That's with a 1200mah battery.
    Without a SIM in it, I have no doubt that BB10 (Dev Alpha) should be able to accomplish something similar.
    peter9477 likes this.
    09-14-12 10:36 PM
    Wow lucky! My dev alpha won't go past 8 hours. Fully charged overnight to dead.
    I assume you're talking 8 hours in standby?

Did you apply the update to 10.0.6?

On the original 10.0.4 that we got, mine was like yours. After the update, standby time is far far better, and it can easily go at least a day (going by memory here) and, I think, somewhat longer.
    09-15-12 10:14 AM
    I have a smartphone (Nokia) that easily lasts a month or longer on standby (when there is no SIM in it). That's with a 1200mah battery.
    Without a SIM in it, I have no doubt that BB10 (Dev Alpha) should be able to accomplish something similar.
    My old Curve 8520 was on 70% battery after 3 weeks with radio turned off, wasnt on standby either
    09-16-12 04:16 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD