Our IT guy at work is a developer, and he attended the BlackBerry Jam in Waterloo, Ontario....him and I are always discussing BlackBerry. So anyways, he said I can hang on to the Dev Alpha for a day or two, and mess around with it at home.

He gave me his device password, and if I wipe his device and load with my credentials would I be able to mess around with this device and test his apps he has developed? If not no big deal, as I can test while I'm at the office. Thanks for any help.
    09-20-12 01:14 PM
    Assuming he wouldn't mind you doing that, you certainly should be able to. I wouldn't wipe it without checking with him though... But yeah, if you wipe and put your own BBID on it, you can do anything you like with it. If his test apps are signed, you could install those easily enough too (or use a debug token if you know how).

Not sure why you'd need to wipe it just to do any of that however.
    Hgouck likes this.
    09-20-12 03:58 PM
    I was curious, why wipe the playbook?
    09-20-12 05:49 PM
    I really would love have that phone here for a few days o_o
    09-20-12 05:52 PM
    No real need to wipe it, not much personal info can be accessed on them as it is now.
    Although it might brick itself and then you'll have to wipe it lol
    09-21-12 10:19 PM
    It IS a very cool little device. But getting one includes the very heavy obligation to actually DO something with it...
    peter9477 and Superfly_FR like this.
    09-21-12 11:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD