One of the things about Blackberry that has helped me in my job is the ability to re-name pictures on the fly.....
    ...If I'm doing an isurance claim report on 3 damaged cars out of a truck of 9.
    ...I simply take 3 pics of the damage for each car and re-name as VINXXXXXXXX -1,2, etc.

It appears that my playbook does not have the same ability as my 9930 & previous BB's do in this area....
    ...Can somone with a Dev alpha confirm that after you take a pic you can hit the menu key.
    ...And get the "RENAME" option for that specific picture?
    ...I'm in high hopes that RIM kept the best functionality it had on previous devices and will move them to the BB10.

Being able to rename a picture is very important if you are uploading them to a system that requires they be named in a specific way....
    ...With my previous BB's I didn't have to return to a pc, rename and attach to an email.
    ...I simply did it right from my phone.
    06-16-12 12:45 PM
    The Dev Alpha is a development device. It has almost nothing useful preinstalled (it only comes with a Browser and a Camera app and there is no picture app for organizing pics.) So it's not possible to answer your question one way or another because the actual BB10 to be released will be so different from the Dev Alpha.
    peter9477 likes this.
    06-16-12 12:52 PM
    The problem right now is that whatever you've experienced on the Playbook would be the same experience on the Dev Alpha devices right now. They are running the exact same OS as the Playbook, they are not running BB10.
    06-16-12 12:57 PM
    Mine crashes if I try to review pictures I've taken. But this all means nothing wrt to what the actual BB10 phones will be like.
    06-16-12 12:58 PM
    the only way to change tags/names ect is to use a file manager, open the pic makes sure its what u want, then select rename - name it and save
    06-16-12 01:44 PM
    the only way to change tags/names ect is to use a file manager, open the pic makes sure its what u want, then select rename - name it and save
    I certainly hope this isn't the case with BB10....
    ...RIM would have killed off one of the best functions of the BB experience.
    06-16-12 10:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD