Anyone who's got a dev alpha device have theirs in a boot loop? I tried to connect it to my BB Desktop software and tried to connect it and it just keeps boot looping. Don't even see the screen turn on. The red light comes on and computer recognizes it connected thru usb and then red light turns off and computer recognizes it being disconnected.

Any ideas? Did I get a dud dev alpha device?
    09-11-12 12:20 PM
    I had that problem at first and by the sounds of it people on other forums have to... I was told (weather it is true or not) that it has to do with having a password set (aka in developer mode) when the device crashes. Then when it auto restarts it won't display the enter password window just the starting animation (if you press the and hold the mute button it does the say a command so you can tell it has loaded into the OS.)

My solution was to do the debrick method for the playbook... It took a few times to get the pop-up in DM but it'll show eventually.

Now I always turn off dev mode before I run any apps for the first time
    09-11-12 01:15 PM
    I have the same problem (the device halts on the "BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha" boot screen) and I would like to fix it. Could you maybe explain which "playbook debrick method" you are talking about? Or just explain what I have to do to unbrick it.

The problem also appeared when I was in Dev Mode when I first started an application. The application crashed or something, because suddenly my phone stopped worked. My solution was to just shut it down by holding the Power button. But now it doesn't want to start anymore.

I've tried repairing it with BlackBerry Desktop Software, but apparently the update doesn't get installed. Because when it finished installing, I disconnect and reconnect and it says the same update is available again.

I've also tried a couple of hardware key combinations, but none have worked.

Any help is appreciated !
    09-25-12 02:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD