How is the browser experience of BB10? is there lag/checkerboards? does it use mobile version of the sites? does it play videos smooth?
    10-19-12 12:41 AM
    Decent performance on the original Dev Alpha (with hardware only marginally better than the PlayBook's). Nice scrolling. "reader" view is useful for long articles.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    10-19-12 01:02 AM
    So far, I still like the browser experience of OS 7 and my 99 better than the bb10 browser on my Dev Alpha. The Dev Alpha doesn't load up everything in desktop mode like the PlayBook does. Actually, some pages my Bold load up as full, BlackBerry 10 loads as mobile. Which kinda sucks. The dev alpha won't load up flash content either. Websites I depend on everyday like Google adsense and analytics work better on my 99 than on bb10 (or android or iOS). Bookmarks still suck on the new browser also. The browser still dies unexpectedly forcing a reboot to make it useable again. The browser bar still does that annoying thing where what you're typing can suddenly vanish and the keyboard close, causing you to have to retype everything. RIM seems to only care about their HTML 5 score and they're completely ignoring the other problems with their browser. Bottom line, my 99 can do what I need done on the web faster and easier than the Dev Alpha can. And without needing to reboot, or closing and opening the browser over and over because it becomes unresponsive.
    10-20-12 08:23 AM
    I thought I read that the Dev Alpha has Flash disabled by default. You have to go into settings to enable it.

I'll be interested to see how the browser performs once the release version arrives.
    10-20-12 08:51 AM
    I thought I read that the Dev Alpha has Flash disabled by default. You have to go into settings to enable it.
    I'll check on that, I hadn't noticed a setting for it. But I also never looked for one either.

EDIT

Flash is disabled by default. Browser settings can turn it on. I never even thought to check for browser settings. Lol that will definitely take care of one complaint.
    10-20-12 09:01 AM