Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default BB Maps Traffic Data

Has anyone tested the traffic information in BB Maps on their Dev Alpha? I'm in Toronto, and the traffic data has not changed for the last 2 days (and is wrong -- it was showing green on all major highways right through the morning rush hour yesterday). Wondering if it's just me, something wrong with my device, or just plain bad data from the source.
    ~ Spare Time App Developer ~
    (My PlayBook Apps: e-Mmanuel+ Bible Reader, e-Mmanuel Audio Bible, Business Analysis Toolbox, RiskASSIST, StakeholdersASSIST)
    See e-Mmanuel+ FaceBook Page for latest app news!
    Mod Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    10,168 Global Posts
    PIN
    Changes way too often

Quote Originally Posted by jetstreamblue View Post
    Has anyone tested the traffic information in BB Maps on their Dev Alpha? I'm in Toronto, and the traffic data has not changed for the last 2 days (and is wrong -- it was showing green on all major highways right through the morning rush hour yesterday). Wondering if it's just me, something wrong with my device, or just plain bad data from the source.
    have you tried a reboot? Mine worked fine the times I have used it. It was quite accurate with the GPS and the traffic was spot on with TeleNav/VZNav
    ~S_A
    All views and opinions here are my own, and do not represent any views, opinions, or official communications either actual or implied of my employer.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Yes, rebooted a number of times since the update, traffic data never changes.
    I sideloaded Google Maps in the meantime, I need my traffic data for my daily commute
    (My PlayBook Apps: e-Mmanuel+ Bible Reader, e-Mmanuel Audio Bible, Business Analysis Toolbox, RiskASSIST, StakeholdersASSIST)
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    368 Global Posts
    PIN
    just ask/soon this will say BBID

hows is the sideloaded Google Maps? does it run well ?
    Check out themidniteedition.wordpress.com for all the latest news and reviews on tech and gaming
    You can also download THE MIDNITE EDITION app for your Z10 or PlayBook or Any Berry running OS 7.1 or older

THE BLACKER THE BERRY, THE SWEETER THE JUICE
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Runs quite well for what I've done so far, which is load up maps and check traffice. I have now downloaded offline maps for the entire Toronto area, so it doesn't have to pull that data down. I'll give navigation a try today after work and get back to you on how well it works.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Tested it yesterday, navigation worked well. Only problem is trying to open settings crashes the app.