I'm hoping they start shipping these soon, because I CAN'T WAIT to get this!
    floydsaj likes this.
    02-05-13 03:26 PM
    Looks good to me. Especially since it's free.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-05-13 03:44 PM
    I cant wait as well!
    02-05-13 03:58 PM
    I'll send mine to be laser engraved "The Period"
    Harborcoat likes this.
    02-05-13 04:02 PM
    They had a "Porsche Design" BlackBerry.....they should just stamp a Ferrari logo on this one...heh.
    02-05-13 06:12 PM
    It looks great.

Have to wait until BlackBerry asks for my Dev alpha back though. It's taking FOREVER
    02-07-13 11:01 AM
    That looks pretty sharp!
    Loving the glossy finish
    anon(3896606) likes this.
    02-07-13 11:06 AM
    Having sent my dev alpha back already, I am curious as to if they will actually take the 4-6 weeks they mentioned to begin shipping.
    02-08-13 11:36 AM
    It's definitely red -- I handled many of them. Very red. Deep, rich, strong, vibrant red. Not orange, in case that wasn't clear. ;-) It's a powerful statement, that's for sure, but also sure to get you attention from other people, to whom you can then extol the virtues of BB10 and the Z10...

Those who've received them so far are developers in the BlackBerry Elite program (https://developer.blackberry.com/dev...ite/index.html) so they're not quite ready for the broader community of Dev Alpha recipients. In fact, the ones handed out were literally built only a few days before, as the pilot production run (at least for the case... the guts are standard Z10s of course).

I'd stick with the 4-6 weeks expectation for most others to get them.
    goku_vegeta and jarrodmeyer like this.
    02-08-13 11:45 AM
    It's definitely red -- I handled many of them. Very red. Deep, rich, strong, vibrant red. Not orange, in case that wasn't clear. ;-) It's a powerful statement, that's for sure, but also sure to get you attention from other people, to whom you can then extol the virtues of BB10 and the Z10...

Those who've received them so far are developers in the BlackBerry Elite program (https://developer.blackberry.com/dev...ite/index.html) so they're not quite ready for the broader community of Dev Alpha recipients. In fact, the ones handed out were literally built only a few days before, as the pilot production run (at least for the case... the guts are standard Z10s of course).
    I'd stick with the 4-6 weeks expectation for most others to get them.
    Disappointed. Because I want it now!
    Yes, I know, it's a reward, it's free. I should stop complaining. But who could be patient about getting the Z10?
    Especially in RED!!?!
    Last edited by Andrew4life; 02-12-13 at 04:46 PM.
    02-08-13 12:24 PM
    Bump with more old news:
    BlackBerry 10 Limited Edition and Dev Alpha C Update �BlackBerry Developer Blog

Q. I�ve qualified for the BlackBerry 10 Limited Edition device � when will they ship?
    They will begin to ship within the next five to seven weeks.
    That sounds like it got pushed back by a week or at best, still on time since they previously said 6-8 weeks after launch. And it's already been almost 2 weeks since launch.
    02-12-13 04:48 PM
    That sounds like it got pushed back by a week or at best, still on time since they previously said 6-8 weeks after launch. And it's already been almost 2 weeks since launch.
    While I am grateful that a trade-up program even exists, the timeline is disappointing from a developer point of view (rather than consumer). The earliest ship date is now, theoretically, last few days of March. Let's say if you're not the first in line at your warehouse, you might wait 2 weeks to even get to you. That's now mid-april. They sort your device out, get it shipped -- it's now start of May when it arrives. Possibly mid May or later, depending where you are on the queue and how many people rushed to send their DA back before you did.

Now consider that you have some apps that can't really be tested on the simulator... by mid May, the Z10 is out in UK, Canada, UAE, US, Australia, a good amount of Europe, etc. Potentially 3+ months that your apps are being downloaded, reviewed, and you're stuck for bugfixes without a testing device. For some people, the simulator is perfect, and is a good ad-hoc solution, but not for everyone.

Further - if they need to make 12,000 devices - you'd think on a production line, you would do all 12k at once, and given the volume of handsets expected to ship in the next few months, 12k is nothing. Now given the fact we know that Elite members got theirs at Jamsterdam, it would seem all 12000 would be ready? It would be ridiculously expensive just to get 1000 made and not just pump out the rest of the red model. And even it was a case of "start red production, and send us a shipment as soon as you hit 1000, since we need them", that surely given how fast a production line is, almost all of the 12,000 would be done by now?

Totally don't mind the delay if there was more clarity as to why. Even if the reason is silly, at least we'd know why there was a massive holdup?

At this point I am considering going and getting a consumer Z10 to keep developing and updating my apps until May-ish. Which means either the red one will sit on a shelf as a trophy, or I'll have to switch phones and go through the hassle of setting everything up again.

EDIT: Just to be clear, I totally <3 BlackBerry, and developing has been rewarding and fun. And Alec Saunders and his team have done an AMAZING job and are responsible for the rebirth of BlackBerry. Not complaining, just voicing my concerns about lack of information. A little bit more timing information that would help us make informed decisions about how to go forward as developers now the Z10 is popping up all around the world, would be amazing.
    Last edited by supnez; 02-12-13 at 07:01 PM. Reason: Added the edit at the bottom.
    02-12-13 06:57 PM
    Nasty! Give me one in electric blue
    02-12-13 07:02 PM
    @supnez
    The 1000 or so they made were apparently only done like the days prior to the Amsterdam jam. I was actually thinking they'd just have a single production line producing the Red Limited Edition BB10 in their own facilities, so it would take a long time. I doubt they're outsourcing to one of their manufacturers.
    On the other hand they're probably also trying to keep up with the demand for the various launches around the world. But I would have assumed they would have higher production to accommodate their launch.
    02-12-13 07:24 PM
    @supnez
    The 1000 or so they made were apparently only done like the days prior to the Amsterdam jam. I was actually thinking they'd just have a single production line producing the Red Limited Edition BB10 in their own facilities, so it would take a long time. I doubt they're outsourcing to one of their manufacturers.
    On the other hand they're probably also trying to keep up with the demand for the various launches around the world. But I would have assumed they would have higher production to accommodate their launch.
    Yeah fair enough - I just kind of wish that info was communicated a bit more - if that's the reason, then no worries! If it's a single production team making 12,000, then good on em !

Thanks for the reply
    02-12-13 07:35 PM
    @supnez
    It would actually be pretty cool if the LE's were made in Canada like the Dev Alphas. Did anyone from Amsterdam who got one check where it was made?
    02-12-13 07:49 PM
    Yeah fair enough - I just kind of wish that info was communicated a bit more - if that's the reason, then no worries! If it's a single production team making 12,000, then good on em !

Thanks for the reply
    Well, it's purely speculation. So don't go on passing it on as fact. lol
    Last edited by Andrew4life; 02-12-13 at 08:06 PM.
    02-12-13 07:55 PM
    Well, it's purely speculation. So don't go on passing it on as fact. lol
    Haha yeah of course. Best theory to date though
    02-12-13 08:53 PM
    That looks hot, they should really think about releasing this color to the market.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    i'm guessin' they will later,,, the demand is definately there,,, for now i think devs get dibs...
    02-12-13 09:01 PM
    Now given the fact we know that Elite members got theirs at Jamsterdam, it would seem all 12000 would be ready? It would be ridiculously expensive just to get 1000 made and not just pump out the rest of the red model.
    I have read somewhere that the ones for the Elite people were hand-assembled especially for that event. I doubt there were 1,000. Where did you hear that there were 1,000?
    02-12-13 09:10 PM
    I have read somewhere that the ones for the Elite people were hand-assembled especially for that event. I doubt there were 1,000. Where did you hear that there were 1,000?
    Sorry, to clarify, I plucked that number. Wild guess
    02-12-13 11:03 PM
    Sorry, to clarify, I plucked that number. Wild guess
    It might have been a wild guess, but they definitely made at least 1000
    Every Limited Edition BlackBerry 10 is numbered and assuming they are going in order, there were at least 1025 made
    This one was #1025
    Unboxing the Red Z10 limited edition - YouTube

This one was 828
    Blackberry Z10 Developer Edition Red im Hands On - YouTube

In this video it's at 294
    BlackBerry Z10 Limited Edition - YouTube

They're all low numbers, so they're likely going in order.
    Wonder who has #00001
    02-13-13 12:15 AM
    Every Limited Edition BlackBerry 10 is numbered and assuming they are going in order, there were at least 1025 made
    This one was #1025
    Ahh I KNEW I'd seen over 1k somewhere! Thanks!
    02-13-13 06:47 AM
    This one was #1025

This one was 828
    Blackberry Z10 Developer Edition Red im Hands On - YouTube

In this video it's at 294
    BlackBerry Z10 Limited Edition - YouTube

They're all low numbers, so they're likely going in order.
    Wonder who has #00001
    according to their site that says there is only about 120 or so Elite members then there has got to be left over LE devices in storage
    unless they really did hand make them specially for the event then idk its possible that the parts themselves were all manufactured and the back covers were just put on at random to create enough for the Elite members and other dignitaries who got the LE like hank here

argh haha i cant wait for the LE to be delivered it is gonna be chirstmas in april/may for me when it comes to the states
    02-13-13 07:47 PM
    according to their site that says there is only about 120 or so Elite members then there has got to be left over LE devices in storage
    unless they really did hand make them specially for the event then idk its possible that the parts themselves were all manufactured and the back covers were just put on at random to create enough for the Elite members and other dignitaries who got the LE like hank here

argh haha i cant wait for the LE to be delivered it is gonna be chirstmas in april/may for me when it comes to the states
    Even if they were random, if they got someone to manufacture the back covers, they're probably going to get them in order.
    294 to 1025 is quite far and is likely at least in several boxes.
    02-13-13 07:54 PM
187 1234 ...