While it is still too early to make any assumptions, can anyone with these dev devices shed some light on the battery life?
    12-11-12 09:14 PM
    Not really since non have the ability to make phone calls, therefore aren't "communicating" with the cell network.
    12-11-12 09:22 PM
    You can expect something like 5-6h of *screen-on* use from the device right now, but that's sort of irrelevant, isn't it? The battery is not the same as the production devices will be, nor are the components or specs identical. The software isn't finished, and we're mostly not using them as actual phones etc, as noted above.

Don't try extrapolating from the Dev Alpha to the production devices... You'll do better just figuring what, realistically, they have to achieve, and assume RIM will at least meet that requirement.
    12-11-12 10:46 PM
    These phones with gigantic screens should always come with removable batteries. That is the only thing I dislike about my current phone

Sent from the awesome Sony xperia S
    12-11-12 10:49 PM
    These phones with gigantic screens should always come with removable batteries. That is the only thing I dislike about my current phone

Sent from the awesome Sony xperia S
    Amazed i like these phones because they come up with removable battery .. hehehehe
    12-26-12 08:58 AM
    While it is still too early to make any assumptions, can anyone with these dev devices shed some light on the battery life?
    err no, because its too soon to make an assumption so i heard

in fairness though, there are 2 diff dev alphas, and not the full OS, so anyone trying to guess would look as foolish as peter misek did when he proclaimed 3 hours for PlayBook battery life when he was judging beta devices.
    12-26-12 09:48 AM
    ... so anyone trying to guess would look as foolish as peter misek did when he proclaimed 3 hours for PlayBook battery life when he was judging beta devices.
    I think it was actually Shaw Wu, almost two years ago to the day (RIM BlackBerry PlayBook Faces Battery-Life Challenges, Analyst Says - John Paczkowski - News - AllThingsD).

I think we can probably agree both of them appear to have spewed fabricated drivel on multiple occasions, however, so it wouldn't surprise me if Misek picked up on what Wu said and repeated it.
    12-26-12 10:26 AM
    when i had my inactivated mini sim in my alpha b with light use i got about a day and a half of battery life with wifi always and and screen brightness manually adjusted, mostly at least 50% brightness.
    I think it was constantly connected with network but no access since i think it received some network data when i had the sim in it.
    01-08-13 04:46 AM
    I too am assuming that with all the thought rim is putting into this phome they won't make a mistake regarding battery life. Plus at least there is the option to carry a spare battery, not that that's ideal but at least its a possibility.
    01-24-13 07:38 AM