- 12-11-12, 11:46 PM #3
You can expect something like 5-6h of *screen-on* use from the device right now, but that's sort of irrelevant, isn't it? The battery is not the same as the production devices will be, nor are the components or specs identical. The software isn't finished, and we're mostly not using them as actual phones etc, as noted above.
Don't try extrapolating from the Dev Alpha to the production devices... You'll do better just figuring what, realistically, they have to achieve, and assume RIM will at least meet that requirement.
- CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses
12-26-12, 10:48 AM #6
- 5,369 Posts
in fairness though, there are 2 diff dev alphas, and not the full OS, so anyone trying to guess would look as foolish as peter misek did when he proclaimed 3 hours for PlayBook battery life when he was judging beta devices.
- 12-26-12, 11:26 AM #7
RIM BlackBerry PlayBook Faces Battery-Life Challenges, Analyst Says - John Paczkowski - News - AllThingsD).
I think we can probably agree both of them appear to have spewed fabricated drivel on multiple occasions, however, so it wouldn't surprise me if Misek picked up on what Wu said and repeated it.
- 01-08-13, 05:46 AM #8
when i had my inactivated mini sim in my alpha b with light use i got about a day and a half of battery life with wifi always and and screen brightness manually adjusted, mostly at least 50% brightness.
I think it was constantly connected with network but no access since i think it received some network data when i had the sim in it.
- 01-24-13, 08:38 AM #9
I too am assuming that with all the thought rim is putting into this phome they won't make a mistake regarding battery life. Plus at least there is the option to carry a spare battery, not that that's ideal but at least its a possibility.
- By fatreg in forum BlackBerry 87xx SeriesReplies: 16Last Post: 09-01-07, 08:15 PM
- By lmc2148 in forum BlackBerry 8830 WEReplies: 20Last Post: 08-24-07, 11:53 AM
- By Kevin Michaluk in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 2Last Post: 08-01-07, 03:33 PM
- By Gringo in forum BlackBerry 8800, 8820Replies: 17Last Post: 07-30-07, 05:37 AM
- By Kevin Michaluk in forum BlackBerry 87xx SeriesReplies: 23Last Post: 03-28-07, 10:19 PM