Just installed this app from blackberry world and I gotta say, it's great I've only begun playing with it but I'm really enjoying it. There are a few suggestions I may have but I'll wait till I've used it a bit more. Great work.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    louis.keeper likes this.
    02-16-13 05:15 AM
    Just installed this app from blackberry world and I gotta say, it's great I've only begun playing with it but I'm really enjoying it. There are a few suggestions I may have but I'll wait till I've used it a bit more. Great work.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    Sure thanks.
    02-16-13 06:00 AM
    Great work so far! Looking good...

Couple of things I've noticed - you removed brightness/contrast feature? Watched your YouTube video demonstrating the app and the first thing I see is that feature - in the version I bought in BlackBerry World, that particular feature is no longer there. Do you plan on bringing that back at some time? Or am I just missing something here...

Second, if I take a picture in portrait mode, that is, holding the phone in portrait mode, Photo X always opens the picture for editing in Landscape mode - I have to rotate it first. Is there a method for determining which orientation the photo was taken in and having the program open the picture in that same orientation? Just saves a step, that's all, not a deal breaker...

Next thing I noticed is, and maybe this is by design, if I take a picture in portrait mode, when choosing to add the InstaX "stamp" to the photo, the effect is placed along the side of the photo (the long edge), so that if I'm looking at the photo straight on, I have to turn my head to read the information. In landscape mode, the effect is applied along the bottom of the picture so if I'm looking straight on, I don't have to turn my head...this would be the ideal placement for the effect in portrait mode as well. Just a thought...Again, really not a big deal...

Next (sorry ) I found that when I apply the "Classic" effect, and then I choose "Undo", instead of reverting to the original state, the program applies the "Vintage" effect, even if applying the "Classic" effect was my first edit. I also cannot undo the "Warm", "Cool", and "Blur" effects using "Undo", unless I use "Restore Original", which affects any other edits I've already made, meaning I have to start all over...

I think you should implement some type of confirmation (or at least an option to display a confirmation) when doing anything major (delete, set as wallpaper, set as BBM profile pic, etc) or for those times of accidental actions - I have managed to change my wallpaper several times by mistake

And lastly, there should be an option to bypass the initial dialogue that asks whether you want to add the busy message to BBM status. I don't want to see this every time I open the app. Perhaps have an option within the program to assign the status, or at the very least an option or setting to turn that dialogue off...

Those are all that I can think of at the moment....by no means am I trying to knock the app. I know you've put a lot of work into it and I appreciate all you and the other developers do for us (those that aren't programmers), just a little constructive criticism....

As others have already mentioned, the app is fantastic looking, operates smoothly, and is well integrated with the OS. Love the "Power Off" feature too. Keep up the good work!
    louis.keeper likes this.
    02-16-13 09:22 PM
    Great work so far! Looking good...

Couple of things I've noticed - you removed brightness/contrast feature? Watched your YouTube video demonstrating the app and the first thing I see is that feature - in the version I bought in BlackBerry World, that particular feature is no longer there. Do you plan on bringing that back at some time? Or am I just missing something here...

>>> I will bring it back with better usability and productivity than before.

Second, if I take a picture in portrait mode, that is, holding the phone in portrait mode, Photo X always opens the picture for editing in Landscape mode - I have to rotate it first. Is there a method for determining which orientation the photo was taken in and having the program open the picture in that same orientation? Just saves a step, that's all, not a deal breaker...

>>> It's a bit weird, Photo X operates in Portrait mode only (At least for now) and normally taking photo in Portrait mode would be fine. Only when taking photo in Landscape mode then after that user needs to do an extra step which is rotating the photo to portrait. And i'm working on this for the next update.

Next thing I noticed is, and maybe this is by design, if I take a picture in portrait mode, when choosing to add the InstaX "stamp" to the photo, the effect is placed along the side of the photo (the long edge), so that if I'm looking at the photo straight on, I have to turn my head to read the information. In landscape mode, the effect is applied along the bottom of the picture so if I'm looking straight on, I don't have to turn my head...this would be the ideal placement for the effect in portrait mode as well. Just a thought...Again, really not a big deal...

>>> This has been fixed in the development version here which means it will be placed correctly. Plus, i'm working on creating more template for the Insta X Text, there will be few more choices for the text position, style...

Next (sorry ) I found that when I apply the "Classic" effect, and then I choose "Undo", instead of reverting to the original state, the program applies the "Vintage" effect, even if applying the "Classic" effect was my first edit. I also cannot undo the "Warm", "Cool", and "Blur" effects using "Undo", unless I use "Restore Original", which affects any other edits I've already made, meaning I have to start all over...

>>> This is bug. It will be fixed in the next update. Actually there is no magic for Classic filter, it's combination of Vintage + Cross. That's why when "Undo" it only reverts 1 step which means the Vintage still remains . Anyway Photo X allows user applying more than 1 filter on the photo, depends on the combination, it's creative of user, thus filtered photo from this user would be unique from others

I think you should implement some type of confirmation (or at least an option to display a confirmation) when doing anything major (delete, set as wallpaper, set as BBM profile pic, etc) or for those times of accidental actions - I have managed to change my wallpaper several times by mistake

>>> I will consider which feature should be confirmed before processing. Sorry for the annoying

And lastly, there should be an option to bypass the initial dialogue that asks whether you want to add the busy message to BBM status. I don't want to see this every time I open the app. Perhaps have an option within the program to assign the status, or at the very least an option or setting to turn that dialogue off...

>>> It will be disappeared in the next update. Trust me.

Those are all that I can think of at the moment....by no means am I trying to knock the app. I know you've put a lot of work into it and I appreciate all you and the other developers do for us (those that aren't programmers), just a little constructive criticism....

>>> Don't worry, the more feedback, the better app will be. Thanks a lot for your time.

As others have already mentioned, the app is fantastic looking, operates smoothly, and is well integrated with the OS. Love the "Power Off" feature too. Keep up the good work!
    Thank you very much for your time and as you know, there are tons of stuff need to be added and fixed. I am trying my best so somehow, sometimes it's gonna take a bit long then please be patient. I am working on it day and night. I promise.

Best regards.
    02-16-13 09:47 PM
29 12