As you can see here:

(1minute 18 seconds)
    The weather app has a loading bar that starts when it is clicked on.

Is this is "battery saving feature" that can be enabled and disabled? I haven't seen this happen with Kevin's demo-ing of BB10 Active Frames.

Thanks
    Last edited by The Me; 12-09-12 at 02:28 PM.
    12-09-12 01:09 PM
    App Load Times When Already In Active Frames-weatherrefresh.png

What we're seeing is the app "refreshing" from its active frame and dynamically updating with more information. Notice how the app is 1 minute behind the time on the device. It's a fail safe mechanism, Kevin doesn't have the latest build of BB10, Jeff probably has a higher build, with added features. It very well may be a battery saving feature of some sort. Time will ultimately tell.
    12-09-12 01:26 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	weatherrefresh.png 
Views:	142 
Size:	128.1 KB 
ID:	127763

What we're seeing is the app "refreshing" from its active frame and dynamically updating with more information. Notice how the app is 1 minute behind the time on the device. It's a fail safe mechanism, Kevin doesn't have the latest build of BB10, Jeff probably has a higher build, with added features. It very well may be a battery saving feature of some sort. Time will ultimately tell.
    But it doesn't update to the device time and it only refreshes once he touches it.

Would anyone who has accuweather also be able to replicate this?
    12-09-12 02:29 PM
    Does anyone notice that red little light that appears during this clip?
    12-09-12 04:43 PM

What time does it appear?
    12-09-12 05:00 PM
    Didn't know if you were being sarcastic... Its the "record" light on the camera they are filming the phone with
    12-09-12 05:55 PM
    As you can see here:

(1minute 18 seconds)
    The weather app has a loading bar that starts when it is clicked on.

Is this is "battery saving feature" that can be enabled and disabled? I haven't seen this happen with Kevin's demo-ing of BB10 Active Frames.

Thanks
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	weatherrefresh.png 
Views:	142 
Size:	128.1 KB 
ID:	127763

I agree, I would bet the frame was between updates so it re-updated when opened. Makes perfect sense. I have to ask though, what did you mean by fail-safe?
    12-09-12 05:58 PM
    Interesting. I haven't seen this behaviour before on my Dev Alpha. Must be something in the new builds...
    peter9477 likes this.
    12-09-12 06:06 PM
    Interesting. I haven't seen this behaviour before on my Dev Alpha. Must be something in the new builds...
    as its on the weather app, and thats not on our dev alphas then we wouldnt ever see it lol.
    I imagine much as others have said, that the frame was updating as he went to tap it. otherwise it would make no sense as the loading bar didnt fully load.
    12-09-12 06:44 PM
    So it was just a "click the exact same time the app wanted to refresh the active frame and it happens I freaked out over it"?
    12-09-12 07:50 PM
    There is a good technical reason why this could happen... The app may be a "good citizen" and clean up, release its claim on resources (GPU, for instance) and make itself as small as possible when it is minimized, perhaps after a slight delay. Then when the app is re-activated it may need to reinitialize things like memory, GPU, database connections etc.
    Sith_Apprentice likes this.
    12-09-12 10:23 PM
    This is new in the latest build. My app now does the same thing (take a few seconds before going back fullscreen, with the little progress bar). I didn't observe this in earlier builds.
    12-10-12 07:30 PM
    This is new in the latest build. My app now does the same thing (take a few seconds before going back fullscreen, with the little progress bar). I didn't observe this in earlier builds.
    Is your app a WebWorks app? I'm on the latest build too, and it doesn't happen with my Cascades apps...
    12-10-12 09:38 PM
    Is your app a WebWorks app? I'm on the latest build too, and it doesn't happen with my Cascades apps...
    Adobe AIR
    12-11-12 12:15 PM