So, in the interest of having my app ready for the submit date I spent a good couple of days a while ago converting it from the PlayBook screen size to that of my Dev Alpha. Using the old (PBish) OS on the Dev Alpha, the app looked fine, everything was the right size and was in the right place, since updating, however, everything is much bigger and the app no longer fits to screen.

I've not downloaded the new BB10 Dev Tools yet, (it's a HTML5 app) so I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it, or if anyone has experienced this and can offer any insight. Don't really want to resize it all again.
    09-27-12 04:14 PM
    Ya, I saw it in an app that I downloaded from app World. Probably some scaling issues with the old dev tools.
    09-27-12 06:29 PM
    Download the new tools, same issue. I'll just resize it again. Thanks for the reply.
    09-28-12 01:09 AM
    So, in the interest of having my app ready for the submit date I spent a good couple of days a while ago converting it from the PlayBook screen size to that of my Dev Alpha. Using the old (PBish) OS on the Dev Alpha, the app looked fine, everything was the right size and was in the right place, since updating, however, everything is much bigger and the app no longer fits to screen.

I've not downloaded the new BB10 Dev Tools yet, (it's a HTML5 app) so I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it, or if anyone has experienced this and can offer any insight. Don't really want to resize it all again.
    Have you noticed the font changes ?
    Maybe this could help : Font changes in BB 10 - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    10-02-12 01:46 AM
    If it's using BBui.js, there's a fix for this issue in the latest version (in the 'next' branch of BBui on GitHub). This is the bit of code that fixes it. You can paste this in if you're using something else than BBui in WebWorks as well and it should make everything look normal.

Code:
    		// Set our meta tags for content scaling
    		var meta = document.createElement('meta');
    		meta.setAttribute('name','viewport');
    		if (navigator.userAgent.indexOf('Version/10.0.9') >= 0) {// this should eventually be changed to if(bb.device.isBB10  && !bb.device.isPlayBook) 
    			meta.setAttribute('content','initial-scale='+ (1/window.devicePixelRatio) +',user-scalable=no');
    		} else {
    			meta.setAttribute('content','initial-scale=1.0,width=device-width,user-scalable=no,target-densitydpi=device-dpi');
    		}
    		document.head.appendChild(meta);
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    10-05-12 01:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD