Did you submit the trade-up request at the same time, or did you wait till your app got approved?
    I submitted my app on December 19 2012, and submitted trade up request on the same day.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-13 02:16 AM
    I got my rewards email today too. It includes one BlackBerry App Generator app that is not yet in the store.
    02-26-13 03:26 AM
    Got email with denial email. Nothing generic, but nothing too complicated

Posted via CB10
    02-26-13 05:38 AM
    Was it descriptive enough for you to understand, or was it very vague?
    02-26-13 05:55 AM
    When did your app get approved?? and how long did you have to wait for the trade up email confirmation?
    Two were approved in the summer of 2012, but I have been upgrading them since then. One was approved Feb 15, one is still waiting approval. I'm still waiting for the official trade up confirmation email, but when I emailed Dev Rel after submission of my fourth app for the LE program failed I received a response the next working day.
    DarcMobile likes this.
    02-26-13 06:35 AM
    Was it descriptive enough for you to understand, or was it very vague?
    Very descriptive. With steps to reproduce. So good QA

Posted via CB10
    02-26-13 06:42 AM
    Two were approved in the summer of 2012, but I have been upgrading them since then. One was approved Feb 15, one is still waiting approval. I'm still waiting for the official trade up confirmation email, but when I emailed Dev Rel after submission of my fourth app for the LE program failed I received a response the next working day.
    My app was approved on 31st Janaury and im still waiting for the LE Trade up confirmation

Whats Dev Relations Email?
    02-26-13 07:38 AM
    My app was approved on 31st Janaury and im still waiting for the LE Trade up confirmation

Whats Dev Relations Email?
    I don't know which of the three actually triggered the LE trade-up. I had submitted two for the LE program before the original deadline (Jan 21?) then the third one just after they extended the deadline and the latest on just a few days ago. Once you are approved by BlackBerry or the trade-up you apparently can't submit any more applications to that program. The email address to ask for clarification on that notice was [email protected]

Edit:

My official LE trade up email just arrived moments ago.
    Last edited by Richard Buckley; 02-26-13 at 11:18 AM.
    02-26-13 09:36 AM
    I don't know which of the three actually triggered the LE trade-up. I had submitted two for the LE program before the original deadline (Jan 21?) then the third one just after they extended the deadline and the latest on just a few days ago. Once you are approved by BlackBerry or the trade-up you apparently can't submit any more applications to that program. The email address to ask for clarification on that notice was [email protected]

Edit:

My official LE trade up email just arrived moments ago.
    I emailed them and after telling me it's 10 business days after app approval, all they would tell me now is that my LE trade-up application is in queue and they are trying to get through them as quickly as possible.
    Last edited by greatwiseone; 02-27-13 at 02:13 PM.
    02-26-13 11:55 AM
    Got my email as well with 20 of my apps listed (submitted 23).

Still waiting on a few of them to be approved though. I wonder if only these 20 count towards entries into the LE draw or if all 23 will count...
    DarcMobile likes this.
    02-27-13 12:23 PM
    Per 5 approved apps ONE entry. Now if we could only get that email for our banking information. $2000 would be a nice present!
    02-28-13 10:32 AM
    Per 5 approved apps ONE entry. Now if we could only get that email for our banking information. $2000 would be a nice present!
    One entry for the first 5 approved apps, one additional entry for every app thereafter.
    02-28-13 10:47 AM
    That explains the flood of crappy apps

Posted via CB10
    02-28-13 12:04 PM
    That explains the flood of crappy apps

Posted via CB10
    Poor quality control explains the flood of crappy apps.
    02-28-13 12:21 PM
    I'd blame more the general consensus of quantity over quality that ruin it. But that seems to be the benchmark for a platform's success these days...

Posted via CB10
    02-28-13 01:59 PM
    At least there isn't a lot of farts apps or lighter apps..lol
    02-28-13 09:53 PM
    Second app was submitted February 17th and last update done on the 23rd. It was approved tonight along with the LE Trade-Up approval a few hours earlier. Seems like they're coming through the backlog!
    DarcMobile likes this.
    02-28-13 09:53 PM
    i submitted Feb 7. still yet to receive any update
    02-28-13 11:52 PM
    Second app was submitted February 17th and last update done on the 23rd. It was approved tonight along with the LE Trade-Up approval a few hours earlier. Seems like they're coming through the backlog!
    Wow you got lucky there. Congrats

Posted via CB10
    03-01-13 07:09 AM
    If the app has been denied for a technical reason, is the wait for the resubmitted app to be approved, with the correction made, the same as submitting a new app? I am tired of waiting.
    03-01-13 08:28 AM
    If the app has been denied for a technical reason, is the wait for the resubmitted app to be approved, with the correction made, the same as submitting a new app? I am tired of waiting.
    No, resubmission and updates take considerably less time to approve. I've had 3 updates on a single app approved in the past couple weeks, while I'm still waiting on other port-a-thon apps to receive their initial approval.
    03-01-13 08:32 AM
    No, resubmission and updates take considerably less time to approve. I've had 3 updates on a single app approved in the past couple weeks, while I'm still waiting on other port-a-thon apps to receive their initial approval.
    I don't think this is a yes or no answer, I think it is all situational. I submitted an app for the first time and it was approved in 4 days. A couple days after it was approved I submitted an simple update that fixed a couple issues and it took almost 4 weeks for approval.
    DarcMobile likes this.
    03-01-13 09:51 AM
    I don't think this is a yes or no answer, I think it is all situational. I submitted an app for the first time and it was approved in 4 days. A couple days after it was approved I submitted an simple update that fixed a couple issues and it took almost 4 weeks for approval.
    When did the app get approved the first time?
    03-01-13 12:02 PM
    I submitted my app about the 24 thor 25th of Feb (can't remember which) and no word back yet. It's a little discouraging mainly because this is the first app that I've ever published and also have my dev alpha riding on it.

So from this thread I take it that the length of time carries from a few days to a few weeks.... could have sworn I read 1or 2days somewhere. Guess the don't work on weekends either... that's fair enough I suppose.

Just one question though what is a CR? Have 2 pending and a Google search brought up nothing.

Posted via CB10
    DarcMobile likes this.
    03-02-13 04:21 AM
    I submitted my app about the 24 thor 25th of Feb (can't remember which) and no word back yet. It's a little discouraging mainly because this is the first app that I've ever published and also have my dev alpha riding on it.

So from this thread I take it that the length of time carries from a few days to a few weeks.... could have sworn I read 1or 2days somewhere. Guess the don't work on weekends either... that's fair enough I suppose.

Just one question though what is a CR? Have 2 pending and a Google search brought up nothing.

Posted via CB10
    I also submitted it on the 25th, jumping up and down to check if the app is approved or not. Always check your portal too, because your alp could be approved, but didn't get a mail yet. Oh well, hope the backlog is getting less, so they can shorten the waiting time (which is aprox. 10 working days)
    03-02-13 04:33 AM
200 ... 5678