Go check the developer forums on RIM/BB's website. They are working to deal with this (i.e. confirmation email being sent at the same time as the approval).
    02-19-13 03:33 PM
    Has anyone submitted a PAID app after January 21st and was approved?
    02-19-13 04:47 PM
    Okay, my app just got approved. This afternoon. I know it was this afternoon, because I checked this morning (pretty much the first thing I've done when I got up since I submitted it on Jan 21, lol). AND the e-mails came already.

Looks like they're finally working through that backlog
    DarcMobile likes this.
    02-19-13 04:59 PM
    A rewards Email? OR just saying your apps were approved?
    02-19-13 05:58 PM
    Okay, my app just got approved. This afternoon. I know it was this afternoon, because I checked this morning (pretty much the first thing I've done when I got up since I submitted it on Jan 21, lol). AND the e-mails came already.

I do the same thing. I will give it a couple of days then as there were likely quite a few apps going in on that day.
    02-20-13 12:45 AM
    Just approved today

I received this email top.. apparently if u have an update, post it, it won't kick u back in line:

"Due the volume of apps submitted during the port-a-thons, we are extremely backlogged in reviews and approvals of your apps. The BlackBerry World review team is working as quickly as possible to review your apps. Your patience is appreciated. We will extend the deadline to get apps approved and will ensure you have at least two weeks to fix any apps that are not approved. The teams here are working around the clock calculating eligibility for rewards, reviewing apps, and approving apps. Unfortunately, there is no way for me to speed up this process for you.

Please submit any of your latest builds as soon as they are ready. Submitting a new release will not decrease the speed at which your app is reviewed. Please make sure that you review the Built For BlackBerry criteria before you submit your app to this program.

More information will be communicated shortly along with your reward details on the Last Chance Port-A-Thon. In the meantime if you have any questions, please refer to the following two articles on Inside BlackBerry Developer Blog.
    http://devblog.blackberry.com/2013/0...-thon-updates/
    http://devblog.blackberry.com/2013/0...e-port-a-thon/

Cheers,
    Amaris"

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    What I don't understand is the above sentence about extending the deadline for getting apps approved, isn't it that you have to submit to app world before the 28th to get the LE and not get it approved? Or am I mixing up information blocks over here
    02-20-13 01:15 AM
    What I don't understand is the above sentence about extending the deadline for getting apps approved, isn't it that you have to submit to app world before the 28th to get the LE and not get it approved? Or am I mixing up information blocks over here
    You must submit to BlackBerry World by the 28th. This is an extension for people who had trouble or didn't submit by the 21st of last month. I think they would like you to apply for the LE at the same time, although they certainly haven't said that's required.

Once you have submitted, you will have a reference number for your app to put in your application. You don't need to wait for it to be approved.
    02-20-13 02:19 AM
    You must submit to BlackBerry World by the 28th. This is an extension for people who had trouble or didn't submit by the 21st of last month. I think they would like you to apply for the LE at the same time, although they certainly haven't said that's required.

Once you have submitted, you will have a reference number for your app to put in your application. You don't need to wait for it to be approved.
    It makes sense that you can send in the application for the LE when you've submitted to BlackBerry World, because they will give you the time to fix any bugs/issues to still apply for the LE. Hopefully they will have enough LE's.

Ok, great. Then I will be able to make it just in time
    DarcMobile likes this.
    02-20-13 02:26 AM
    i didnt know you can apply for the LE before the app gets approved. Thanks! just applied
    02-20-13 03:00 AM
    well, I've submitted an app on 20th of January, the ticket is still new...
    I wonder if I can apply to b4b now, but given the general success of it, it might not be an issue as I'm not sure I could rework it to comply given the lame review feedback.
    What would be more an issue is if I can't get a testing device to replace the dev alpha I have because the app isn't approved on time... because it would be a stopper to keep working on the platform given how the simulator works...
    I believe the deadline to submit for Built for BlackBerry was January 21st. As long as you submitted before that date you can apply, regardless of approval date.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-13 05:36 PM
    The deadline for apply for the 10K challenge was extended to February 18, but there is no set limit for Built for Blackberry. All they've said is that it's free for a limited time. At some point they've reserved the right to start charging for applying for Built for Blackberry.
    DarcMobile likes this.
    02-21-13 08:25 PM
    The deadline for apply for the 10K challenge was extended to February 18, but there is no set limit for Built for Blackberry. All they've said is that it's free for a limited time. At some point they've reserved the right to start charging for applying for Built for Blackberry.
    You can only apply for Build for Blackberry 3 times, but no deadline.
    02-21-13 11:57 PM
    You can only apply for Build for Blackberry 3 times, but no deadline.
    Three times with three different apps or three attemps?
    02-22-13 01:25 AM
    Three times with three different apps or three attemps?
    3 times for an approved app.
    02-22-13 01:40 AM

Yay!

By the way, you can check the exact time if you like. Look at your tickets, either the general Change Requests menu item, or by editing the individual product and then clicking on the Tickets tab (or History). If you drill down a level or two, you'll see the exact time they changed the state of the item in question. The timestamp will be in UTC, so it might seem "off", but adjust by your 8 hours or whatever and it should make sense. Usually I find they're updated around 4am or so (UTC), which is probably about the middle of their working day.
    DarcMobile likes this.
    02-22-13 05:02 PM
    I found out I just got denied. Waiting on email to know why.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-13 05:15 PM

Posted via CB10
    I too got denied. Technically, it is almost identical to my free app that got approved so I am very surprised.
    02-22-13 07:59 PM

Posted via CB10
    Was it a paid app and did you have more than one version uploaded?
    02-22-13 08:04 PM
    As my app was denied, there are no comment in the tickets why it was denied. I would expect that this would have already been documented. Anyone have any idea?

Looking at the ticket, it says "Up for sale" under the Column "New Value" , but under the column "Status" it says "Denied".
    02-22-13 09:44 PM
    Paid and only one version. Email usually mentions the issue. Don't think tickets do

Posted via CB10
    02-22-13 09:50 PM
    Paid and only one version. Email usually mentions the issue. Don't think tickets do

Posted via CB10

If the application/release is Denied, you can find a copy of the Denial email that was sent to you under the 'History' tab of the Ticket for your Release/Application. (Tickets are found under the 'Change Request Tickets' section on the left menu bar).

If you require further clarification to this email, you can find a link to the Vendor Support team directly on the App World Vendor Support page. Scroll down past the infographic and you'll find a button labelled 'Get Vendor Management Support'.

That team should respond within 24-48 hours of your request with further information.
    Ryan
    BlackBerry App World Team

BlackBerry App World Vendor Support Site

@BlackBerryDev
    Vendor Support Contact Form
    Vendor FAQ
    DarcMobile likes this.
    02-22-13 09:59 PM

Posted via CB10
    I also just found out this morning that my application got denied. They didn't say why but I can guess by re-reading the criteria
    Going to fix that.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-13 06:22 AM
    I also just found out this morning that my application got denied. They didn't say why but I can guess by re-reading the criteria
    Going to fix that.

Posted via CB10
    The problem is that the reason for the app being denied has not been communicated. You may have determined why your app was denied, however there may have been an additional reason that you did not identify. This should have been documented on the ticket but it has not.
    Last edited by Mister-E; 02-23-13 at 08:50 AM.
    DarcMobile likes this.
    02-23-13 08:19 AM
    If the application/release is Denied, you can find a copy of the Denial email that was sent to you under the 'History' tab of the Ticket for your Release/Application. (Tickets are found under the 'Change Request Tickets' section on the left menu bar).

If you require further clarification to this email, you can find a link to the Vendor Support team directly on the App World Vendor Support page. Scroll down past the infographic and you'll find a button labelled 'Get Vendor Management Support'.

That team should respond within 24-48 hours of your request with further information.
    Ryan
    BlackBerry App World Team

BlackBerry App World Vendor Support Site

@BlackBerryDev
    Vendor Support Contact Form
    Vendor FAQ
    Well, I checked no email attachments anywhere. Might have to contact them.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-13 10:17 AM
    True my update was denied as well without any clear reason nothing more in ticket history or anywhere else. Have mailed the support team but no reply for 2 days now

Posted via CB10
    02-23-13 11:17 AM
200 ... 34567 ...