They go to people in the elite program. or certain key people who cover BlackBerry News, etc.
    DarcMobile likes this.
    02-11-13 10:46 AM
    LOL, so where's the other 4.5K go to? Not even all Dev Alpha's holders create app.
    Many internal and I'm sure there are some people with connections but no alpha.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-11-13 12:05 PM
    I thought your app is popular enough to be prioritized. Maybe most of the reviewers are outsourced to China and they took long Chinese New Year break
    ugh... LOL no not china... i think India. my apps seem to be being approved in alphabetical order (as opposed the order I submitted them in). So take that with a pinch of salt. I have over 15
    DarcMobile likes this.
    02-11-13 12:29 PM
    The requirements to qualify for a Limited Edition device are quite low. They were fairly careful to only give Dev Alpha devices to legitimate developers, so they expect to get at least a minimal app from every single one. They increased the number of Dev Alphas at some point, so there probably really are 12,000 of them out there somewhere. Tech crunch mentioned a figure of "around 12,000" as far back as October.

DarcMobile likes this.
    02-11-13 02:14 PM
    The requirements to qualify for a Limited Edition device are quite low. They were fairly careful to only give Dev Alpha devices to legitimate developers, so they expect to get at least a minimal app from every single one. They increased the number of Dev Alphas at some point, so there probably really are 12,000 of them out there somewhere. Tech crunch mentioned a figure of "around 12,000" as far back as October.

They've probably also ordered more than they needed in case some of the failed or they wanted to give them out for promotions, etc.
    DarcMobile likes this.
    02-11-13 02:52 PM
    I submitted on January 19th and I also still wait for approvement. Patience is necessary I guess.

02-11-13 03:32 PM
    I submitted mine in December 30 and no approval yet
    02-11-13 04:04 PM
    They've probably also ordered more than they needed in case some of the failed or they wanted to give them out for promotions, etc.
    Weren't they also giving some out as extra prizes from the port-a-thons?
    02-11-13 04:12 PM
    I submitted What's up for BB10 on Jan 18 - still waiting for review. I have some improvements in varying states of readyness but My Dev Alpha is so flaky that testing has become near impossible.

Sort of reminds me of the bad old days when PB was launched - not knowing if the app even works or not on an actual device. At least back then I had a brand new app and I could control when it would be posted for sale. I submitted the BB10 version as a new release for the existing PB app and, if and when it is approved, it will be immediately available for the public to download and scrutinize.

I am crossing my fingers that the launch will be relatively problem-free and I can get fast approval for the enhancements. But the wait is agonizing and I would be lying if I said that I wasn't worried.
    That's great to hear, I was looking for if the other day. I was looking for old discussion threads but couldn't find them.

DarcMobile likes this.
    02-11-13 04:27 PM
    I wouldn't worry about the trade-up program. If your app is submitted before the deadline (which has now been extended to Feb 28), and it's approved, then yes, you'll get your trade-up.

If you're worried, then consider that you had considerable opportunity to submit additional apps and submit them earlier. Had you done so, you'd have nothing to worry about.

If that sounds harsh, it kind of is. However, I'm in the same boat as you. I've only submitted one qualifying app, and I rushed it for the original deadline of Jan 21. It has not been approved (not even LOOKED at as of today), and I wouldn't be surprised if BB takes some issue with it, but I'm also confident they'll give me ample opportunity to fix it if they don't like it.
    Would be great that they will let you fix your app once, even when the deadline has passed (and you submitted before the 28th) so you still have a chance
    02-12-13 01:27 AM
    They have clearly said that they will give us at least two weeks to fix any problems.

02-12-13 03:05 AM
    They have clearly said that they will give us at least two weeks to fix any problems.

You mean this part, mentioned on the LE page? (if so, then it's more then two weeks to fix it)

If your application does not meet the qualifications you can update the application per the Terms & Conditions and re-submit by March 31st, 2013.

Or did you read it somewhere else?
    DarcMobile likes this.
    02-12-13 04:05 AM
    You mean this part, mentioned on the LE page? (if so, then it's more then two weeks to fix it)

If your application does not meet the qualifications you can update the application per the Terms & Conditions and re-submit by March 31st, 2013.

Or did you read it somewhere else?
    Yes, I did reach it somewhere else but what I read was preliminary more vague. Yours sounds more specific, so I assume yours is right.
    DarcMobile likes this.
    02-12-13 04:24 AM
    That's great to hear, I was looking for if the other day. I was looking for old discussion threads but couldn't find them.

Even better news is that the Z10 version has been approved overnight - at least the change request is now marked as "approved" although I have not received an email confirming that fact. It took only 4 weeks.
    DarcMobile likes this.
    02-13-13 09:08 AM
    All but one of my 5 apps were approved last night..
    Last edited by Guignards; 02-13-13 at 09:42 AM.
    mikeo007 and DarcMobile like this.
    02-13-13 09:31 AM
    5 more of my apps approved last night as well...seems really strange, I'm not sure what method they're following in approving these apps, seems totally random.
    DarcMobile likes this.
    02-13-13 10:16 AM
    Submitted Jan 5, still waiting!
    02-13-13 10:49 AM
    My app, which is free, submitted on February 4 was approved today. My other app, a paid app, submitted on January 21 has not been approved.
    DarcMobile likes this.
    02-13-13 12:30 PM
    My app, which is free, submitted on February 4 was approved today. My other app, a paid app, submitted on January 21 has not been approved.
    Just approved today

I received this email top.. apparently if u have an update, post it, it won't kick u back in line:

"Due the volume of apps submitted during the port-a-thons, we are extremely backlogged in reviews and approvals of your apps. The BlackBerry World review team is working as quickly as possible to review your apps. Your patience is appreciated. We will extend the deadline to get apps approved and will ensure you have at least two weeks to fix any apps that are not approved. The teams here are working around the clock calculating eligibility for rewards, reviewing apps, and approving apps. Unfortunately, there is no way for me to speed up this process for you.

Please submit any of your latest builds as soon as they are ready. Submitting a new release will not decrease the speed at which your app is reviewed. Please make sure that you review the Built For BlackBerry criteria before you submit your app to this program.

More information will be communicated shortly along with your reward details on the Last Chance Port-A-Thon. In the meantime if you have any questions, please refer to the following two articles on Inside BlackBerry Developer Blog.
    http://devblog.blackberry.com/2013/0...-thon-updates/
    http://devblog.blackberry.com/2013/0...e-port-a-thon/

Cheers,
    Amaris"

Guignards and DarcMobile like this.
    02-13-13 12:34 PM
    THanks for the update Flip.
    02-13-13 01:10 PM
    I suddenly got my two Port-A-Thon apps approved last night. I think they put a rush on ones that might qualify towards the Dev Alpha C.

I still have a couple of BlackBerry App Generator apps outstanding from the last Port-A-Thon but those are obviously lower priority.
    02-13-13 02:09 PM
    Even better news is that the Z10 version has been approved overnight - at least the change request is now marked as "approved" although I have not received an email confirming that fact. It took only 4 weeks.
    I just did a refresh in blackberry world on my z10 and What's Up appeared and installed. Thanks for making it free for existing purchasers unlike some other developers who don't understand the idea of goodwill and the value of carrying over feedback from playbook users.

The only problem is that it loads and immediately crashes, it just shows a full black screen for a moment before disappearing.
    Gerii likes this.
    02-13-13 03:01 PM
    I just did a refresh in blackberry world on my z10 and What's Up appeared and installed. Thanks for making it free for existing purchasers unlike some other developers who don't understand the idea of goodwill and the value of carrying over feedback from playbook users.

The only problem is that it loads and immediately crashes, it just shows a full black screen for a moment before disappearing.
    I uninstalled and reinstalled and it loaded up ok after doing that.
    02-13-13 03:05 PM
    I uninstalled and reinstalled and it loaded up ok after doing that.
    This is the scary thing about offering a version of an existing app on a brand new platform. There is no way to pull a release for the BB10 version without removing all versions from sale. I am crossing my fingers that your experience with a bad install is just an isolated occurrence and I won't need to kill the app until I can get an update approved..
    DarcMobile likes this.
    02-13-13 04:34 PM
    Submitted 2/10/13, Approved 2/13/13... Crazy fast, I know.
    It's a real simple and Free game that I worked with SCrid2000 to create called Eddie Escape. Check it out and leave a review (but only if you like it )
    02-13-13 04:34 PM
200 12345 ...