It's been about 10 business days (Jan 24th) since I submitted my latest update and still waiting . The previous took about 8 to review. So I'm guessing the backlog has been growing quite a bit since those port-a-thons they held. Hopefully they'll get through the initial onslaught or ramp up their review team. I'll post when I get a response if it helps others to get a sense of the current wait time.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    I submitted an app just before the port-a-thons kicked off and it was approved in 4 days. I submitted an update on Jan 16 and it is still waiting to be reviewed.
    Thanks I guess the Port-a-thon created a lot of backlog
    02-07-13 08:37 AM
    I submitted What's up for BB10 on Jan 18 - still waiting for review. I have some improvements in varying states of readyness but My Dev Alpha is so flaky that testing has become near impossible.

Sort of reminds me of the bad old days when PB was launched - not knowing if the app even works or not on an actual device. At least back then I had a brand new app and I could control when it would be posted for sale. I submitted the BB10 version as a new release for the existing PB app and, if and when it is approved, it will be immediately available for the public to download and scrutinize.

I am crossing my fingers that the launch will be relatively problem-free and I can get fast approval for the enhancements. But the wait is agonizing and I would be lying if I said that I wasn't worried.
    DarcMobile likes this.
    02-07-13 08:58 AM
    Still waiting here. About half of my submitted apps were approved on Jan 29-30, but the other half have not been touched since. They seem to be approving in an erratic fashion as well, skipping over random apps or groups of apps depending on the time they were submitted.
    DarcMobile likes this.
    02-07-13 10:49 AM
    I am waiting for my rewards emails i should have received Tuesday according to them since Friday they send the snapshot off the approved apps to the 3rd parties. All my apps are approved. I will Wait another week and see what happens. I tweeted blackberrydev two times but never heard a peep from them..
    DarcMobile likes this.
    02-07-13 11:23 AM
    I submitted What's up for BB10 on Jan 18 - still waiting for review. I have some improvements in varying states of readyness but My Dev Alpha is so flaky that testing has become near impossible.

Sort of reminds me of the bad old days when PB was launched - not knowing if the app even works or not on an actual device. At least back then I had a brand new app and I could control when it would be posted for sale. I submitted the BB10 version as a new release for the existing PB app and, if and when it is approved, it will be immediately available for the public to download and scrutinize.

I am crossing my fingers that the launch will be relatively problem-free and I can get fast approval for the enhancements. But the wait is agonizing and I would be lying if I said that I wasn't worried.
    I thought your app is popular enough to be prioritized. Maybe most of the reviewers are outsourced to China and they took long Chinese New Year break

Still waiting here. About half of my submitted apps were approved on Jan 29-30, but the other half have not been touched since. They seem to be approving in an erratic fashion as well, skipping over random apps or groups of apps depending on the time they were submitted.
    When did you submit your apps? After or before Port-a-thon?

I am waiting for my rewards emails i should have received Tuesday according to them since Friday they send the snapshot off the approved apps to the 3rd parties. All my apps are approved. I will Wait another week and see what happens. I tweeted blackberrydev two times but never heard a peep from them..
    Congrats then. I also contacted several admins in their Developer Support Forum, but no single reply
    02-07-13 11:37 PM
    Maybe they will actually tweet something soon. Since communication after the port a thon has been really poor. One vague mass email that said they were behind yet stated the submission to third party would be on track. (Not a peep from any of the 3 parties). Sure there is a backlog but 2 weeks after all apps were approved and "up for sale"?

No response ever from anyone from their dev team. How hard is it for an updated post on their blog?

Blackberry needs a much better way to monitor things and give us information
    02-08-13 12:21 AM
    According to Port-A-Thon Updates �BlackBerry Developer Blog "You will now have up to February 18, 2013 to get your apps approved."

You can't necessarily expect them to reply to every tweet because there are literally thousands of apps in the same position.

There was also an email on February 8 to participants in the Last Chance Port-A-Thon: "...So, we’re asking you to be patient a bit longer with us as the system gets cleared out. We will extend the deadline to get apps approved and will ensure you have at least two weeks to fix any apps that are not approved. The teams here are working around the clock calculating eligibility for rewards, reviewing apps, approving apps, etc...."
    02-08-13 01:19 AM
    I wonder if the large backlog from those portathons has meant they have roped in people from other depts to help out in their free time, if that is the case then it would not surprise me if those people were picking and choosing apps that interested them to test.
    02-09-13 06:09 AM
    I wonder if the large backlog from those portathons has meant they have roped in people from other depts to help out in their free time, if that is the case then it would not surprise me if those people were picking and choosing apps that interested them to test.
    No idea, but it is probably true that they aren't just checking the apps and approving them, they have to go through one by one and see who is eligible for the $100 per app thing, etc. I'm sure it's a longer process than just approve app. Sucks tho, I've been waiting 20 days at this point, they approved a few of my app generator apps (which I don't get much of a crap about) but my actual blog generator app and more importantly my Cascades app has been sitting in there even longer.. doesn't seem like they are going in order in that regard, such a shame.. Hope they hurry up, the one iv uploaded is such an old build, so they one that they review is missing BBM connected and a ton of other stuff.. It's a pain in the ****.. hurry up!!

DarcMobile likes this.
    02-09-13 01:00 PM
    I submitted apps on the 18th and they're still under review. ****ty because I changed one of my apps to a freemium app but my premium version isn't approved yet lol.
    02-09-13 01:45 PM
    but my actual blog generator app and more importantly my Cascades app has been sitting in there even longer.. doesn't seem like they are going in order in that regard, such a shame.. Hope they hurry up, the one iv uploaded is such an old build, so they one that they review is missing BBM connected and a ton of other stuff.. It's a pain in the ****.. hurry up!!
    Just as a matter of interest, what are the names of these apps, it is always interesting to see the stuff from devs who post on here when it shows up on bb world and I am sure plenty of us would like to keep an eye out for it.
    02-09-13 04:53 PM
    The app I have currently in the queue is Task Slayer. It's a native bb10 todo list that follows the todo.txt format (see todo txt dot com for info on the format). It has many of the same features including Dropbox support as similar apps on Android and iOS plus a few extras I'm working on. There is an earlier version available but it has some bugs so I'm not actively selling it until I get my updates through. I'll detail more in a new post once my update is approved.

Come to think of it that's probably why mine is taking so long. Probably in with a bazillion other similar todo type of apps.

I also have a couple of others that are in the early development phase.

DarcMobile likes this.
    02-10-13 07:26 AM
    One of the AppWorld guys at Jam Europe told me that they have a backlog of about one month.
    DarcMobile likes this.
    02-10-13 07:29 AM
    After reading this thread, i am kinda worry. I just submitted my app 4 days ago. And donno if i will be approve for the trade up program..
    02-10-13 07:46 AM
    7500 only? I thought there are 20,000+ units. I can't found the exact number in google thought.

BTW still waiting here T_T
    I've not read anywhere about there being 20,000 Dev Alphas handed out. Definitely read it's about 7500/8000.

So, 12,000 should be more than enough.

DarcMobile likes this.
    02-10-13 07:57 AM
    I've got two apps waiting one from the Jan 15th and the other submitted on Jan 21st.

Guys from BBJam Europe said they have about a month back log hence the delay. Though I have noticed others who have submitted afterwards that date have already got approval .

Can't seem to get a response from BlackBerry Dev

DarcMobile likes this.
    02-10-13 08:00 AM
    Communication has been exceedingly poor. I and many others built out apps with the expectation of then being available at launch. Now I'm not making any revenue because my apps are not being reviewed.

Sigh...the more things change with Blackberry, the more they stay the same.
    DarcMobile likes this.
    02-10-13 08:03 AM
    Not a BB10 app, but I submitted a PlayBook app about a month ago... and it's still pending review too.
    DarcMobile likes this.
    02-10-13 08:08 AM
    It's a bit confusing because they've extended deadlines on various things a few times but the latest is that apps submitted by February 28 will be considered for the trade up. They've also said that we will have at least two weeks to correct any problems that might exist.

DarcMobile likes this.
    02-10-13 02:09 PM
    Just as a matter of interest, what are the names of these apps, it is always interesting to see the stuff from devs who post on here when it shows up on bb world and I am sure plenty of us would like to keep an eye out for it.
    I hear ya I am waiting on my app "Web Design Cheat Sheet" and "CyberBytes Design Blog" I mean really the first one, but I care about them both. (second one is just an app generator for my blog)

DarcMobile likes this.
    02-10-13 07:50 PM
    I've not read anywhere about there being 20,000 Dev Alphas handed out. Definitely read it's about 7500/8000.

The number is 7500 dev alpha units.. kinda amazing.. feel honored that I actually have one, those are some pretty small odds. 12k LE units which its funny cuz they are "Technically" less rare than the dev Alphas. Although I'd rather have a working LE phone than a bricked dev alpha any day of the week

DarcMobile likes this.
    02-10-13 07:53 PM
    After reading this thread, i am kinda worry. I just submitted my app 4 days ago. And donno if i will be approve for the trade up program..
    I wouldn't worry about the trade-up program. If your app is submitted before the deadline (which has now been extended to Feb 28), and it's approved, then yes, you'll get your trade-up.

If you're worried, then consider that you had considerable opportunity to submit additional apps and submit them earlier. Had you done so, you'd have nothing to worry about.

If that sounds harsh, it kind of is. However, I'm in the same boat as you. I've only submitted one qualifying app, and I rushed it for the original deadline of Jan 21. It has not been approved (not even LOOKED at as of today), and I wouldn't be surprised if BB takes some issue with it, but I'm also confident they'll give me ample opportunity to fix it if they don't like it.
    DarcMobile likes this.
    02-10-13 08:03 PM
    I wouldn't worry about the trade-up program. If your app is submitted before the deadline (which has now been extended to Feb 28), and it's approved, then yes, you'll get your trade-up.

If you're worried, then consider that you had considerable opportunity to submit additional apps and submit them earlier. Had you done so, you'd have nothing to worry about.

If that sounds harsh, it kind of is. However, I'm in the same boat as you. I've only submitted one qualifying app, and I rushed it for the original deadline of Jan 21. It has not been approved (not even LOOKED at as of today), and I wouldn't be surprised if BB takes some issue with it, but I'm also confident they'll give me ample opportunity to fix it if they don't like it.
    I have to agree with you, if you wanted your app in time you should have submitted it earlier. However, if they did not have that last port-athon, our apps likely would have been approved by now. Perhaps BlackBerry should have done more of these earlier on to decrease the burden on the review process. It takes more time to develop an app than porting over an Android app, so perhaps non-Android ports should get priority?
    DarcMobile likes this.
    02-10-13 08:40 PM
    I really hope people will not pester them too much right now, with individual questions. Think about it... there are probably 5,000 other developers all with the same questions, and every time one of you emails or tweets them for info, you're basically slowing the process down for everyone.

When they have useful information to share, they share it. For now, there are probably a good 15,000+ apps from Jan 20-21 alone still waiting for review, and they'll get to yours when they get to it, and not a moment earlier.

FWIW, I have one that was submitted late on Jan 21 that's not been checked, even for the basic metadata review (which in the past has always come first, by a different team I believe). I'm not expecting it to be touched for a good week at this point, maybe much longer...
    DarcMobile likes this.
    02-10-13 10:09 PM

The number is 7500 dev alpha units.. kinda amazing.. feel honored that I actually have one, those are some pretty small odds. 12k LE units which its funny cuz they are "Technically" less rare than the dev Alphas. Although I'd rather have a working LE phone than a bricked dev alpha any day of the week

LOL, so where's the other 4.5K go to? Not even all Dev Alpha's holders create app.
    neilwick likes this.
    02-11-13 10:10 AM
200 1234 ...