I am not a techno guru but try as much as possible to get recent and needed gadgets and so decided to get a SGS3 and now a Z10.....with the belief that they're all 4G capable. my problem now is...i have looked at the BlackBerry and don't know if it's a 4G phone as I only get to chose between 3G and 2G.....no options for Let. is that carrier dependent or phone dependent? I'd have thought that even if your provider doesn't offer 4g services, one would have the option to select but mine doesn't offer that...mi got a factory unlocked version. and want to know so I could return it. Please shed more light on the subject for me. Thanks a lot.
    03-03-13 04:22 AM
    If your carrier does not support 4g at this time then they are probably not going to want to confuse customers by having other settings displayed, but there is also a HSPA+ only variant, so you should goto settings -> about general and post the model number of your device so somebody can confirm whether it does support LTE or not e.g. I have the EU variant that supports LTE and it has a model number of STL100-2.
    03-03-13 11:16 AM
    Thanks a lot......i have the same model as you and all I see is 2g and 3g....if that's cos the network doesn't provide the services, then it's Ok..i just wanted to know if I'd see the option and only not be able to select it, indicating that the phone is 4g compatible.
    03-03-13 12:25 PM
    Thanks a lot......i have the same model as you and all I see is 2g and 3g....if that's cos the network doesn't provide the services, then it's Ok..i just wanted to know if I'd see the option and only not be able to select it, indicating that the phone is 4g compatible.
    no phone can be only LTE since you cant make phone calls on LTE
    03-08-13 10:10 PM
    no phone can be only LTE since you cant make phone calls on LTE
    Thanks buddie...mm but I'm not sure I understand you. I was asking if I get to see the option of LTE as a network mode on the phone even if I can't select it or if i need to have a provider that offers the service before I'm able to see that as a mode that can be selected. People have said I won't seen it except my provider offers it and I also have the enabled sim as well so u guess that answers the question. Thanks all.
    03-09-13 04:54 AM
    The STL100-1 is capable of GSM (2G), HSPA (3G), and HSPA+ (3.5G). HSPA+ is marketed by many carriers as "4G", but it's not a 4G technology by most consumer definitions.

The STL100-2, STL100-3, and STL100-4 add support for LTE, which is often called "true" 4G.

If you have a STL100-1 you don't have 4G, if you have another model you have 4G. That's how I would look at it. With some carriers the STL100-1 will say 4G on the homescreen, but it's really more like 3.5G. You can check which model you have in the About section of the Settings apps.
    03-13-13 08:29 PM
    Hi
    I currently have 3g with AT&T on my 9800 and a grandfathered unlimited data plan. when I upgrade to the Z10 I could have 4g. My question is should I change my data plan to 4g?
    Will AT&T force me to get a limited 4g plan? What will I be missing out on if I stay with the 3g plan? I use quite a lot of data
    03-19-13 04:03 AM