Just received an email from RIM, says I'm qualified for the trade up program and filled out an address form online.
    GO CHECK YOUR INBOX NOWWWWW!!!! WOHHOOOOO
    01-07-13 11:01 AM
    Got my email this morning too B-). Also keep this thread updated guys, they said we'll be contacted by Customer Service to arrange for a pickup date.
    01-07-13 11:11 AM
    Getting that email has made it 100 times harder to wait will Jan 30th, and its only been 2 hours since I got it.
    01-07-13 11:12 AM
    Haven't submitted yet. A bit late but crunch-time until I get my app ready. At least with enough features to be worthwhile.
    01-07-13 12:48 PM
    Haven't submitted yet. A bit late but crunch-time until I get my app ready. At least with enough features to be worthwhile.
    If you are going for the Built for BlackBerry for the 10K you have till the 11th. You don't need that many features to qualify for the limited edition BB10.
    01-07-13 01:09 PM
    BB10 LE offer though is limited to 21st none the less.
    "Offer is open between 12:00:01 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on November 29, 2012 and 11:59:59 p.m. ET on January 21, 2013 (“Offer Period”). "

Still need to get working quickly. Should be fine on my end.
    01-07-13 01:15 PM
    WooHoo! I just got my "app approved" email last night! Can somebody who has gotten the email say what their app was about and can you elaborate on weather or not my app (it's a flash light app that strobes and does morse code, too) will make it?

Thanks!
    01-07-13 02:35 PM
    Yes I am qualified ! And I have my shipping label. Just have to decide when I want to part with my Dev Alpha B and wait almost a month for my Limited Edition BB10. This is so hard. I assuming that the devices will be sent out in the order that they are returned so that the first wave of people returning will be the first wave receiving the limited edition device. Haha i wish that we could receive it on launch day, but I am ever so grateful to receive it in the first place. Thank You RIM. xD
    01-07-13 02:43 PM
    I'm going to be submitting my app this weekend probably. There are only 12,000 limited edition devices available, hopefully I'm one of the 12k (and meet the criteria). Good job guys, thanks for posting!
    01-07-13 02:46 PM
    The anticipation of this email is going to kill me

edit: woo got it!
    Last edited by schmeat; 01-07-13 at 05:53 PM. Reason: email received
    01-07-13 02:52 PM
    I don't doubt those that got the Dev Alphas will get an LE assuming they return their device. I don't think they handed out 12k Dev Alphas yet. Might be wrong but I read somewhere less than 10k.
    01-07-13 02:53 PM
    Haven't gotten mine yet, ugh, this suspense is going to kill me!
    01-07-13 02:55 PM
    I got another email saying:

Thank you for your submission to the BlackBerry 10 Limited Edition Trade up program.

As we were processing your application we encountered a system issue that has now been resolved, however this required us to remove all existing data from the system. As a result if you have already received a notification email please disregard this communication as a new email will be sent to you shortly. For those that have already entered your shipping details you will need to do so again once you receive the new email.

We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused.

Thanks,
    BlackBerry Developer Relations Team
    01-07-13 03:23 PM
    Got my email, and almost fell down the stairs due to my excitement! Decided to send my Dev Alpha back on the 23rd, so hopefully they will receive it before launch, I hope they have/will have all the BB10 LE devices ready to be sent out locally, rather than them all being sent from Canada or somewhere, as that'd likely mean we'd get them quicker, right? The wait is really going to kill me now!
    01-07-13 05:31 PM
    Me + the wife got ours today too

Send it in fast so you can beat the 30th.

Ed

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk
    Sith_Apprentice likes this.
    01-07-13 05:36 PM
    My app got approved 15 minutes ago and I applied for the limited edition right away! I wonder how long it will take before I get my e-mail! EXCITED!
    01-08-13 05:03 AM
    I already received the email, but the current dev a that I'm using to make app is the one borrowed from BlackBerry, so I can't trade for Limited Device (
    01-08-13 08:14 AM
    I got another email saying:

Thank you for your submission to the BlackBerry 10 Limited Edition Trade up program.

As we were processing your application we encountered a system issue that has now been resolved, however this required us to remove all existing data from the system. As a result if you have already received a notification email please disregard this communication as a new email will be sent to you shortly. For those that have already entered your shipping details you will need to do so again once you receive the new email.

We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused.

Thanks,
    BlackBerry Developer Relations Team
    LOL someone tripped over the power cord for the DB server...
    01-08-13 08:43 AM
    Yes I am qualified ! And I have my shipping label. Just have to decide when I want to part with my Dev Alpha B and wait almost a month for my Limited Edition BB10. This is so hard. I assuming that the devices will be sent out in the order that they are returned so that the first wave of people returning will be the first wave receiving the limited edition device. Haha i wish that we could receive it on launch day, but I am ever so grateful to receive it in the first place. Thank You RIM. xD
    Did they ever indicate when the devices would be shipped? I know its post launch, just not sure when. So in theory it could be longer than a month.
    01-08-13 08:45 AM
    Did they ever indicate when the devices would be shipped? I know its post launch, just not sure when. So in theory it could be longer than a month.
    Their official program page FAQ section says in 3-4 weeks the LE device will be at your doorsteps. Although I'm guessing it takes RIM a while to go through them all confirming which Dev alphas have been sent in then they ship out a batch of LE devices. To be quite honest I think if RIM gets your Dev Alpha within the next two weeks you should have the LE right away around the launch date of they launch second week of February. For locations outside the USA and Canada it might take longer.
    01-08-13 09:08 AM
    Gotta remember the way the free PlayBooks worked. Developers got theirs after the media embargo on reviews for the PlayBook was lifited and after they became comericially available. That kept us from spilling the beans or selling the PlayBooks at a inflated price. I'm sure this offer will work the same way.

So I'm thinking the "arrive at our doorstep in 3-4 weeks" part is wrong. Unless BB10 is going to be commercially available a week after the launch event. Which isn't likely to happen. I could believe we will receive them 3-4 weeks after January 30th though.
    01-08-13 09:40 AM
    Gotta remember the way the free PlayBooks worked. Developers got theirs after the media embargo on reviews for the PlayBook was lifited and after they became comericially available. That kept us from spilling the beans or selling the PlayBooks at a inflated price. I'm sure this offer will work the same way.

So I'm thinking the "arrive at our doorstep in 3-4 weeks" part is wrong. Unless BB10 is going to be commercially available a week after the launch event. Which isn't likely to happen. I could believe we will receive them 3-4 weeks after January 30th though.
    Well it might also be 3-4 weeks from Sept 21. I am guessing RIM will announce 2 weeks until available for the first wave (remember 3 waves of availability).
    01-08-13 09:52 AM
    Damn, makes me geeky, nerdy jealous, but not in a bad way, one with a great big smile.
    01-08-13 01:29 PM
    Gee, too bad my college programming classes only taught me that I'm not a programmer/developer.

Nice going, folks.
    01-08-13 02:13 PM
    Launch Codes for BlackBerry is approved and good to go; not to shabby for a first app ever.
    01-08-13 03:34 PM
54 123