Why wasn't a variation of the YouTube app for Playbook brought over to BB10?...How does that get missed?

Z10in' since the Beginnin'
    07-08-13 01:22 AM
    That version was built in AIR and it was pretty buggy to me. I guess they could have built a Cascades version for us, but don't think Google would allow that. They did ask Microsoft to take down the youtube app that Microsoft built. Why not try FastTube or Tuber? They are pretty good alternatives.
    07-08-13 01:47 AM
    Because its practically built into the browser. Works perfectly in my opinion. Doesn't stop while I open other tabs or another app. Such as listening to my music and posting on CrackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-13 02:26 AM
    That version was built in AIR and it was pretty buggy to me. I guess they could have built a Cascades version for us, but don't think Google would allow that. They did ask Microsoft to take down the youtube app that Microsoft built. Why not try FastTube or Tuber? They are pretty good alternatives.
    Ya i do use Fast Tube. Ya the playbook one used to craah all the time, but now i did a wipe on my playbook it seems to be running flawlessly. Weird eh. Why is Adobe Air so buggy?...have Adobe not fixed that?

07-08-13 09:00 AM
    Ya i do use Fast Tube. Ya the playbook one used to craah all the time, but now i did a wipe on my playbook it seems to be running flawlessly. Weird eh. Why is Adobe Air so buggy?...have Adobe not fixed that?

Not too sure. It may be a limitation that it has. Honestly, I haven't seen an AIR app that performs smoothly. There will always be lag and unresponsiveness. :s

Posted via CB10
    07-08-13 09:55 AM
    Not too sure. It may be a limitation that it has. Honestly, I haven't seen an AIR app that performs smoothly. There will always be lag and unresponsiveness. :s

Posted via CB10
    Well thats a bummer.

Wish BlackBerry would have made native youtube app. But fasttube works great.

07-08-13 11:54 AM