Hi,

I have used Yak's mobile app (Yapp Callback), available from Blackberry World, as recently as a couple weeks ago for LD calls.

I'm not sure what happened, but I get an error now, "service unavailable, try again later".

I have a tech ticket with Yak, but maybe a Crackberry Forum user has insight that could help?

Thanks!
    11-19-15 06:44 PM
    When things act up, a reboot/restart can sometimes help if you have not tried that.

Try a restart:

Press and HOLD both Vol Up/Down buttons. Keep holding while the screen goes fully black (ignore the screenshot), keep holding through the Black/White logo and when the Colored Logo shows up, release those buttons.

If you have a Z10: If you have the STL100-1 variant the volume button reset method doesn't work. In that case, Press and HOLD the Power On Button until you see the LOGO as above
    11-19-15 08:59 PM
    Hi,

I have used Yak's mobile app (Yapp Callback), available from Blackberry World, as recently as a couple weeks ago for LD calls.

I'm not sure what happened, but I get an error now, "service unavailable, try again later".

I have a tech ticket with Yak, but maybe a Crackberry Forum user has insight that could help?

Thanks!
    If you can't get Yak working again try Fongo. Been using it for LD calling on all my berries. Works great.

Posted with my Super Happy Fun-time Q5!
    11-19-15 10:08 PM
    Thanks F2 for the suggestion.

I tried that and also deleting and re-installing the app and no luck so far. If Yak is able to sort this out with me I'll post either the solution or the defeat.
    Last edited by JimWpg; 11-20-15 at 07:27 AM.
    11-20-15 07:16 AM
    Thanks Johnny Dollar, I looked at it but it seems that I would need to use a new number through them, which I am reluctant to do.

The reason I liked using Yak (Yapp) is that it accessed my contacts and I simply called them from the app, got a callback that connected me to my callee, and that was that.

AFAIK, the callee saw my cell ph. # on their calller ID, which is convenient for both them and I.

The CAD$0.035/minute is inexpensive and Yak has been a very good company to deal with. I hope we can figure out what the problem is
    11-20-15 07:26 AM