For the hell of me I cannot understand how Blackberry still cannot get Netflix on the platform. It is pretty obvious that it is one of the most requested apps for BlackBerry (together with Instagram)

BlackBerry needs to put their money where their mouth is and just shell out the 5-10 million required to develop these Apps. Microsoft has a lower market share than BlackBerry, but has managed to secure these apps.

Hulu is now available for WP: http://blogs.technet.com/b/microsoft...one-store.aspx

Posted via CB10
    B4509 likes this.
    05-06-13 05:22 PM
    If bbry pumpers claim amazing sales it must bbry management's not easy to deal with since app makers seem indifferent to make us apps.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 05:29 PM
    If bbry pumpers claim amazing sales it must bbry management's not easy to deal with since app makers seem indifferent to make us apps.

Posted via CB10
    Huh?

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 05:37 PM
    For the hell of me I cannot understand how Blackberry still cannot get Netflix on the platform. It is pretty obvious that it is one of the most requested apps for BlackBerry (together with Instagram)

BlackBerry needs to put their money where their mouth is and just shell out the 5-10 million required to develop these Apps. Microsoft has a lower market share than BlackBerry, but has managed to secure these apps.

Hulu is now available for WP: Hulu Plus for Windows Phone 8 hits the Windows Phone Store - The Official Microsoft Blog - Site Home - TechNet Blogs

Posted via CB10
    Quit complaining and sideload the version that works JUST FINE! Geez.....
    miketko likes this.
    05-06-13 05:42 PM
    I am not complaining because I want to get Netflix. I am complaining because I want BlackBerry to succeed in the marketplace, but cannot see them succeeding if they don't get the top Apps.

Everyone I show my Z10 to is impressed but then they ask me if Netflix or Instagram is available. The fact that these apps are not available is costing BlackBerry some potential sales..

I just don't understand how they can't get these apps.. they have a team of 100 people who's sole jobs are to get these apps on the platform...

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 05:52 PM
    05-06-13 05:53 PM
    I am not complaining because I want to get Netflix. I am complaining because I want BlackBerry to succeed in the marketplace, but cannot see them succeeding if they don't get the top Apps.

Everyone I show my Z10 to is impressed but then they ask me if Netflix or Instagram is available. The fact that these apps are not available is costing BlackBerry some potential sales..

I just don't understand how they can't get these apps.. they have a team of 100 people who's sole jobs are to get these apps on the platform...

Posted via CB10
    I hear what you're saying, but it's not always a matter of BB just shelling out money...for starters. There are agreements in place between manufacturers and app developers that can sometimes be prohibitive to re-negotiate. This is the competitive nature of this industry.

I'd love to see those apps native, but one thing BB really has going for it is the Android Player...whether it's temporary of permanent, doesn't matter...if sideloaded and repackaged apps run fine (many times they do, but not always), then I think that's way ahead of Apple and Android...they only run apps in their own ecosystem. I like flexibility myself.

Give the sideloaded version a try, and show that off to your friends...
    05-06-13 05:58 PM
    what is hulu ? we do not have it in Canada
    05-06-13 06:06 PM
    To shell out 5-10 million for a couple of apps would only set a precedent that would stifle app development moving forward. Any and all other big named app developers would simply hold out to get paid first.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 06:06 PM
    OP, relax. Windows Phone has been on the market how many years? Two. BlackBerry 10, how many months? Four and some change. Relax. BlackBerry 10 is succeeding, slowly. We see it everyday. A new app or game being ported over, some good press, and more new user and returning users to BlackBerry. We've seen BlackBerry go from almost non-existent in the smart phone "race" to now making people have to reinvent themselves. All BlackBerry faithful knew what they were signing up for when they chose BlackBerry 10, it meant more patience with a big reward. For you to think BlackBerry won't succeed clearly shows you have low patience and faith. Like I said, everyday we see more good about BlackBerry than bad. By the way, we also saw one of the biggest $h!t on BlackBerry companies, Skype, bring their product to BlackBerry 10 in good way. And many took note.
    shads77 likes this.
    05-06-13 06:10 PM
    I see what the op is saying and I agree with him. I'm a patient person but I feel this is ridiculous. I only need and use about five aps and it's ridiculous that they're not available.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 06:59 PM
    Complaining here won't make a difference, unless you rally up a squad of people and shoot some emails and/or petitions to Netflix, Hulu who ever it is you feel we must have an app for. It has been done before. Personally I don't care for many of the apps people complain about not having on BlackBerry platform, but for those who do and for the possible growth of the ecosystem, I back any of these actions that should be taken. I've contacted companies, developers and BlackBerry. Some respond, some don't. It is always worth trying!
    05-06-13 07:21 PM
    Complaining here won't make a difference, unless you rally up a squad of people and shoot some emails and/or petitions to Netflix, Hulu who ever it is you feel we must have an app for. It has been done before. Personally I don't care for many of the apps people complain about not having on BlackBerry platform, but for those who do and for the possible growth of the ecosystem, I back any of these actions that should be taken. I've contacted companies, developers and BlackBerry. Some respond, some don't. It is always worth trying!
    Thank you for the suggestion. I have contacted almost 50 developers including Netflix, Hulu, BloomBerg, Zite, Yelp, and many more. I have shown off BB10 to almost all my friends and have only been able to convince 1 person to switch. I am tired of hearing that X app is not available so I am sticking with IPhone/Android. BlackBerry have done an amazing job with the OS, but the app situation is working against them. I find BlackBerry is just not doing enough.. (although they are putting a lot more effort than they did before), they are behind the other ecosystems so that means they have to do a lot more to just be at the same level than the top OSs... And I am writing here because I know that a lot of RIM employees read these forums and I'm hoping that someone will take note...

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 08:00 PM
    To shell out 5-10 million for a couple of apps would only set a precedent that would stifle app development moving forward. Any and all other big named app developers would simply hold out to get paid first.

Posted via CB10
    I get what OP is saying; it seems that paying the cash would be the easiest.

On the other hand, I do get CJ's point as well. Problem being, I suspect BBRY has done this in the past, and if I am right, the precedent ia already there. Netflix is playing hardball.
    05-06-13 08:06 PM
    I get what OP is saying; it seems that paying the cash would be the easiest.

On the other hand, I do get CJ's point as well. Problem being, I suspect BBRY has done this in the past, and if I am right, the precedent ia already there. Netflix is playing hardball.
    BlackBerry can play hardball once they gain market share. For now they absolutely need those apps in order to gain some market share. Once BlackBerry has a big enough market share developers will come knocking..

Posted via CB10
    05-07-13 01:41 AM
    BlackBerry can play hardball once they gain market share. For now they absolutely need those apps in order to gain some market share. Once BlackBerry has a big enough market share developers will come knocking..

Posted via CB10
    The point is although BB10 has not had time to gain market shear they simply have more of a fan base than WP... the assumption is BlackBerry will have more... so why make apps for WP and not BlackBerry. Especially since an android port is so much easier in many cases...

Posted via CB10
    05-07-13 12:05 PM
    It's all about $$$$$$$. The BlackBerry 10 platform is good enough for most of these apps to be on it (unlike old bbos). The companies just BlackBerry to pay them a ton to bring their apps over.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-13 12:49 PM
    It's all about $$$$$$$. The BlackBerry 10 platform is good enough for most of these apps to be on it (unlike old bbos). The companies just BlackBerry to pay them a ton to bring their apps over.

Posted via CB10
    Yup. My point exactly. They need to invest in the platform of they want it to grow.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-13 04:39 PM
    It's basic network effects. They need to invest early to get this platform to grow, and eventually devs will have their own self interest to develop on the platform without needing Blackberry's encouragement/money once the platform has grown. For now however, if writing a cheque is what it takes to get the most popular apps over, then that is exactly what Blackberry should do.

Now, we don't know that they haven't. BBRY certainly isn't stupid. I'm sure they are doing what they can do get these apps over.
    05-07-13 04:48 PM